BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

Another manager vacancy at Blackburn. Who on earth is going to FILLET - hardly the BREAST prospects. It's THIGH time the Venky's took STOCK and found someone they FLAVOUR - ideally, someone with thick SKIN who won't LEG it.

Trying to make fun out of this whole sorry mess.

(caps for those who are abit slow off the mark...)

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst i would thank Rhodes for his sterling efforts this year (his goals). I would snap clubs hands off if they offered in the region of 5 or 6 million. I remember being at the evening when Allardyce had just arrived and a bloke asked 'why did you let Derbyshire go'. Straight away Allardyce said, strikers nowadays need to be much more than just a goalscorer.

There are very few strikers nowadays designed just to score goals, and if they are, generally they come off the bench. Rhodes is so far away from a complete player that it was laughable to pay anywhere near £8m for him IMO. 4-4-2 is going drastically out of fashion, and Strikers nowadays must be able to play back to goal. Rhodes can't, nor does he run the channels.

IMO we can only make a loss on Rhodes, he will not cut it in the Prem.

Half of Rhodes's goals have always come from running the channels. He can improve ball to feet, back to goal.

So disgusting. We are laughing stocks. Amazing how far this club has fallen under Venkys.

What scares me most is that there seems to be no end either. It seems no matter how far we have fallen Venky's and Shabby are always there to make sure we fall even further down...

Venkys will end up making Murphy manager so they don't have to pay up his ridiculous contract.

Anything is possible with these idiots, Murphy ws being lined up as a coach at Fulham, he fits the venky model, I'd not be going if it happens.

Murphy is quite clearly a part of the cancer that is eating away at this club at the moment.

What matters right now is to have some performances from any of the players on the books to ensure our status in this league for another season. Take stock at the end and then make the right moves to push upwards.

Just reading the Daily Telegraph.....

Delivering his budget on Wednesday George Osborne looked so miserable he could have been mistaken for a Blackburn Rovers fan. And no wonder the Chancellor looked gloomy.

• Backroom

Just reading the Daily Telegraph.....

Delivering his budget on Wednesday George Osborne looked so miserable he could have been mistaken for a Blackburn Rovers fan. And no wonder the Chancellor looked gloomy.

Not bad from a Tory-bumming paper. Politics is a shocking as our club at the moment. LibDems, Labour and Venkys joing the Tories on the right, it would seem :P

As fans we may just have to grin and bear it. It could be ridicule in the press, the bigger papers may be the only thing that drives Venky's out or makes them do differently.

So although it may be tough for us I say let the media bring it on loud and clear.

• Backroom

Graeme Souness, who guided Rovers back to the Premier League a decade ago and saw them win the League Cup under his tenure in 2002, said: “I don’t want to talk about it – it is very sad to see. It upsets me too much.”

:(

Will the press realise at some point.

NO ACTUALLY MOST OF US WANTED APPLETON TO BE SACKED!

Venkys have shown a bit of intelligence for once.
If we had kept Appleton then next season would have been another write off (if we had stayed up).

Now is the time to rebuild again. Get talking to proper managers about taking a position in April/May. Get those managers to get a list of players they want and a list of players at BRFC they deem surplus and ACTION IT with what little remains of the parachute payments.

If the new guy is showing no signs of improving the squad by next Jan, sack him and start again. Thats life at a football club, you have to keep rebuilding until you find a formula that works.

If the next guy starts with this whole "this isnt my squad, i need more time to bring in players" whilst loosing game after game, SACK HIM! You don't hire a manager for him to go "this company is terrible, thats why i've failed to do anything of note in 3 months".

Found this post re: Appleton amongst the comments on the LT website.

Best post I've read on the subject. Spot on imo.

I'm not sure most of us did want him sacked - not because he was doing well but because we fear the next managerial appointment. Yes, it'll be great if they bring in that new guy who is going to blow our socks off, but that is the one lesson we should have learnt - they never do. They will not make the sensible signing - or if they do it will be by purest fluke. I admit freely that i didn't mind their sacking Allardyce. I never asked for his sacking and wouldn't have done so, but under him I was slowly falling our of love with Rovers. I knew what the game would be like before I got there and it was hard to motivate myself to go. I still went; still felt good when Rovers won and was even heard to defend him on occasions but it was like the early stages of an illness where you can't see things ever getting any better. I waited to see who they appointed with a vague hope that it might be someone at least marginally better. We got Kean and we've had poor appointments ever since. What makes anyone thing they will try to appoint someone half way decent? And if they do try, they will almost certainly fail because they will let Singh open his mouth, or will try to impose conditions on who plays or whatever. We'll be left with the dregs and then they'll wonder why we're failing and fans are not attending. I don't know the answer. Every match that went by it became more obvious that Appleton wasn't it, but who is?

Shebby got rid because he would to be incharge of football matters not the manager.

make you wonder how much interfere Shebby n venkys have done into football matters like transfers n team selection.

didnt want Appleton sacked because you need to give the manager time and a chance to built his team. this will never happen at BRFC as long as the venkys n Shebby are here.

Archived