BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

5000 posts Chaddy, good lad!

Dunnys right in my opinion, Appleton needed more time, he had the balls to make the tough decisions and thats exactly whats required down there. We now have a caretaker manager thats probably been told his first job is to bring back Danny Murphy into the fold, a player that should be nowhere near the first team squad because he’s bloody useless, but its all about money money money. Well I for one won’t be taken for a mug by Singh and his confused mates in Pune, they’ll not see another penny off me this season unless they appoint a top notch manager and the chances of that are slim, very slim indeed.

VENKYS OUT

SINGH OUT

AGNEW OUT

Can I assume you'll be taking all your bolshy mates on BBE row whatever with you again? :tu:

You appear to be making these empty promises on a regular basis since Sam left Gav. Ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People revere John Williams because of what has gone on since BUT imo he so so let us down at that time. Jack Walker would have realised his worth and I cannot imagine he'd have let Hughes go quite so cheaply if he had still been around..... maybe why Jack made gazillions from a straight start whilst John Williams no matter how commendable was only ever a hired hand.

I think you're slightly guilty of doing with Jack what you've just accused others if doing with Williams.

We had a chance to push on after we won the title and had earmarked the likes of Zidane (forget Diarra, imagine the fee he'd have brought us). However, prudence won out - and that was when we DID have a pot to @#/? in!

Williams was guilty of a far lesser crime IMHO in protecting the future of the club - in his way - when gambling with the banks money rather than Jack's own.

Williams continued to protect what we had by installing Allardyce after admitting his mistake with Ince. The only real mistake as far as Williams-Hughes was not 'thinking big' but I'm not sure he really felt he had a choice, and, again, it's not much different from what Jack did in relatively similar circumstances. I'm sure both men felt they had taken the club as far and as high as they dared and to go further would be suicidal.

Who knew that Venkys would come along with a financial death wish (to paraphrase Sir Alan Sugar).

We need to get national media attention so as to really turn up the heat on Venky's. Surely there is an investigative reporter somewhere looking to make a name for his or herself. We need someone to blow the lid off these Looney Punes.

We need to get national media attention so as to really turn up the heat on Venky's. Surely there is an investigative reporter somewhere looking to make a name for his or herself. We need someone to blow the lid off these Looney Punes.

Nick Harris has been on the case for a while USA, but clearly can't find anything substantial sadly. I'm sure its their because of the people involved, but its uncovering it.

Can I assume you'll be taking all your bolshy mates on BBE row whatever with you again? :tu:

You appear to be making these empty promises on a regular basis since Sam left Gav. Ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?

Do keep up, I sit in the JW upper Gordon, must be your age, you're getting rather confused again a bit like your mates in Pune, haven’t shaved your head have you?

I think you're slightly guilty of doing with Jack what you've just accused others if doing with Williams.

We had a chance to push on after we won the title and had earmarked the likes of Zidane (forget Diarra, imagine the fee he'd have brought us). However, prudence won out - and that was when we DID have a pot to @#/? in!

Williams was guilty of a far lesser crime IMHO in protecting the future of the club - in his way - when gambling with the banks money rather than Jack's own.

Williams continued to protect what we had by installing Allardyce after admitting his mistake with Ince. The only real mistake as far as Williams-Hughes was not 'thinking big' but I'm not sure he really felt he had a choice, and, again, it's not much different from what Jack did in relatively similar circumstances. I'm sure both men felt they had taken the club as far and as high as they dared and to go further would be suicidal.

Who knew that Venkys would come along with a financial death wish (to paraphrase Sir Alan Sugar).

I may indeed be doing Williams a disservice. I'd imagine David Brown was the real power... and the holder of the purse strings behind John Williams throne.

• Backroom

Pay-off? In the real world you get a months pay and Kean off......Berg , Appleton and Kean obviously took the job under false pretences so should get nowt.

What do you mean "took the job under false pretences" ? They were interviewed and Venky's made the decision to hire them. They didn't force themselves into the position. Venky's also created and signed the contracts and if they outlined in these contracts that compensation should be due then they should pay whatever compensation they agreed to. To argue otherwise is lunacy.

Even when you have underperformed on your own promises and estimates? How far is it away from deception cos I'm certain they will all have promised the owners great things which have turned out to be totally false promises?

I can take on someone to build a house for me to my specification by a certain time and at an agreed price with penalty clauses for non delivery and bonuses for improving on the agreed targets so why can't I take on a football manager on the same basis? Players too for that matter. How can these people be regarded as employees with employees rights when they employ their own agents, accountants and legal teams? It's all too much one way. The poor performance of the last three managers have cost the club countless millions but I'd wager they all promised far different in their interviews.

By contrast (something which I favoured at the time) was to pay Hughes a performance related bonus based on league position (rem the placing payments in the prem) and financial performance. Mark Hughes and his team must have made BRFC at least £40m with astute player trading yet the board stood around with their fingers up their arses whilst he went for interviews for better jobs. We should have at least attempted to ring fence him with very lucrative performance related bonuses instead of effectively killing the Goose that laid the Golden eggs by stifling his ambition as John Williams actually did. People revere John Williams because of what has gone on since BUT imo he so so let us down at that time. Jack Walker would have realised his worth and I cannot imagine he'd have let Hughes go quite so cheaply if he had still been around..... maybe why Jack made gazillions from a straight start whilst John Williams no matter how commendable was only ever a hired hand.

Bottom line is 'Drog that if Venky's created and signed a contract whereupon they agreed set compensation should be paid out, regardless of performance, should they terminate the contract early then they should pay it. Otherwise you might as well forget the idea of contracts entirely.

Everyone of them knew they weren't qualified for the job but took it anyway......knowing full well they wouldn't have even got an interview if the lunatics weren't in charge.....

Even for you that is garbage. I'm sure they had 100% belief in themselves, just like Paul Ince did when we hired him.

Even for you that is garbage. I'm sure they had 100% belief in themselves, just like Paul Ince did when we hired him.

Paul Ince could be stood on the gallows with the noose around his neck and his belief still wouldn't waver. As he droped through the trap door and the rope tightened, you'd see him drop a note from his hand with the word 'escape' written on it.

Paul Ince could be stood on the gallows with the noose around his neck and his belief still wouldn't waver. As he droped through the trap door and the rope tightened, you'd see him drop a note from his hand with the word 'escape' written on it.

:D

That would make a great comic strip character for anyone with those talents.

5000 posts Chaddy, good lad!

Dunnys right in my opinion, Appleton needed more time, he had the balls to make the tough decisions and thats exactly whats required down there. We now have a caretaker manager thats probably been told his first job is to bring back Danny Murphy into the fold, a player that should be nowhere near the first team squad because he’s bloody useless, but its all about money money money. Well I for one won’t be taken for a mug by Singh and his confused mates in Pune, they’ll not see another penny off me this season unless they appoint a top notch manager and the chances of that are slim, very slim indeed.

VENKYS OUT

SINGH OUT

great points.

dont see a top manager coming in.

most likely someone like Sven or McClaren or Sousa as next manager

Dunn comments are right.

David Dunn in defending the man who brought him back from the wilderness shocker!

Treat with same pinch of salt as his fans get real commentds and Steve Kean rimming sessions

Whilst i understand the scepticism towards anything Dunn says, you can't deny that if there was no warning that Appleton was about to be sacked it will have come as a bit of a shock to see it announced on tv. Yes, they should know to expect the unexpected and that just when Venkys seem to have descended to the worst level of lunacy, they find another way of doing something stupid (not necessarily saying sacking Appleton was stupid but their way of handling the whole thing was) but basically footballers are simple souls. They don't follow everything to do with the club avidly, just as most of us don't think about work when we're not there. And you can't deny that in both games Dunn has played recently he's played his socks off. Whether that's because he was playing for a new contract or not, and it probably was, judging by what Appleton said, a motivated dunn seems to be one of our better players.

great points.

Dunn comments are right.

McClaren or Sousa would be a bloody revelation from what we've had thus far.

great points.

Dunn comments are right.

Well done Gav it seems that you have chaddyrovers agreeing with your opinions. How does that sit with you? ^_^

Well done Gav it seems that you have chaddyrovers agreeing with your opinions. How does that sit with you? ^_^

Its sits very well indeed, he along with another 217 people above, have you seen the poll gordon?

Its sits very well indeed, he along with another 217 people above, have you seen the poll gordon?

Indeed I have. I can't really say it suprises me after spending a few years on here.

Listen Gav... if you walk down a street at 3pm and ask 10 people the time, if 9 say it's 2pm and one says it's 3pm what time is it?

I guess that confirms he's out and Murphy is back.

If Bowyer thinks Murphy should be in the team, that's good enough for me, I have every confidence in him after his last caretaker spell in charge.

If Murphy plays ok and we win games (like we did last time under Bowyer) that's also good enough for me. I'm not certain why people think having a guy on 35 k p.w. not being available for political reasons in the midst of an injury crisis is a good thing either.

In fact if it was any other player apart from Murphy we were talking about and Bowyer had been told to carry on not selecting him, everyone would be complaining that the powers that be were interfering in team selection and not allowing the manager to pick certain players due to non football related matters such as appearance bonuses etc. etc.

In purely footballing terms, I can't see any problem with Murphy playing alongside the more mobile Jones. I'd take Murphy over Lowe or Pedersen in central midfield every day of the week. I wouldn't agree with Dunn being frozen out of the picture altogether but at Dunn's age and given his injury record I wouldn't like to have tp rely on him for 90 minutes for the rest of the season either.

Archived