BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

This is not a football club anymore, it is a children's playground spat between Shebby Singh and Shaw & Agnew that is destroying any trace of BRFC being a football club....

Bowyer will get my support, as the last 2 guys did, he is a really nice guy in football, and there are not many left at Rovers. I suspect he will revert to Rhodes up top on his own with Dunny or someone supporting him.

We are better with 4-5-1 or equivalent. Hence were better when Best came off v Burnley. Rhodes doesn't feed off knock downs from another no 9 target man but through balls from a number 10 - Rochina, Dunny, maybe Bentley or Gomes. Plus we need the extra man dropping back into midfield. Appleton really got this wrong.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The poll is telling: 1 in six fans don't give a monkeys about the sacking. Rovers as a club is on life support. Sadly, I see this as just the tip of the iceberg for the whole of the UK footy circus. Too many people with too little knowledge now dominate the game, from the Sheikhs, Russian mafia, US shysters and Indian Chicken farmers, they have ruined the game. The English game is loved overseas simply because it was so British - loyal fans playing blood and thunder football.

From a peak around 2006-9, the EPL has been overtaken by La Liga. Serie A and some will even say the Bundesliga. They all now play better football and attract true footy fans, rather than plastics. The Rovers scenario is symptomatic of the health of English football. I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

I'm in mourning for my club and for the English game.

I think he should have been sacked but at the end of the season. He was never going to take us anywhere. However, I firmly believe that Agnew, Shaw and Shebby should be following him out the door as they have made a complete @#/? of this season between them. It's funny how we're sacking left right and centre this season, yet last season under Kean we had results that were worse yet stuck by him. Very strange...

We are better with 4-5-1 or equivalent. Hence were better when Best came off v Burnley. Rhodes doesn't feed off knock downs from another no 9 target man but through balls from a number 10 - Rochina, Dunny, maybe Bentley or Gomes. Plus we need the extra man dropping back into midfield. Appleton really got this wrong.

As stated on the other thread Rhodes is not good with his back to goal and that is a necessary requirement in any 4-5-1 formation.

Can we expect with the return of D.j to QPR a return to Rovers of some of the Portuguese. We have witnessed what seems to be a shift of power again. So will we see a return of little portugal-how many more will we buy??? Recall of Ruben anyone??? on the plus side will we see more of Fabio Nunes (though he didn't feature before). Will Dunn continue to play or will he be isolated. How much control will Bowyer have?? Will Shebby start parking at ewood again and doing fan Meets etc..well what can you say.

Rory Smith@RorySmithTimes2m

Blackburn's season on brink of descending into anarchy. Well, more anarchy. Derek Shaw likely to follow Appleton out: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/footballleague/article3717296.ece

Good. But Agnew and Shebby need to go also.

I think MA could have come good, if given the time. The problem is that the owners lack patience but aren't willing to put up the serious cash it will take to attract real managerial talent.

But they get confused in May

Very good Tom, made me laugh that one, and true might I add!

The Times saying Shaw likely to go next.

Whilst nowhere near good enough at least Shaws actually a football man, done the role before.

Agnew should be the next one out of the door, he's not a footballing man, he's a glorified program seller, what does he actually do?

John Williams and Rob Coar never saw fit to promote the guy to any prominent position, which speaks volumes in my book.

Agnew Out

Appleton will be compensated with a year’s salary of £500,000 after working just two months of a two-and-a-half-year contract, while the other members of staff will receive six months’ pay.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296095/Michael-Appleton-sacked-Blackburn-just-67-days.html#ixzz2O3r1GSsN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If there was ever a reason TO apply to become Rovers manager, that's it.

Half a million quid for eight weeks work and your reputation intact - maybe even enhanced.

Maybe Rafa is a possibility after all :P

The poll is telling: 1 in six fans don't give a monkeys about the sacking. Rovers as a club is on life support. Sadly, I see this as just the tip of the iceberg for the whole of the UK footy circus. Too many people with too little knowledge now dominate the game, from the Sheikhs, Russian mafia, US shysters and Indian Chicken farmers, they have ruined the game. The English game is loved overseas simply because it was so British - loyal fans playing blood and thunder football.

From a peak around 2006-9, the EPL has been overtaken by La Liga. Serie A and some will even say the Bundesliga. They all now play better football and attract true footy fans, rather than plastics. The Rovers scenario is symptomatic of the health of English football. I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

I'm in mourning for my club and for the English game.

+1 . You can see it. But it seems the blind lead the blind. As long as Sky pay stupid money into the game - corrupt - self promoting - arse#oles will continue to line their pockets, whilst the game dies.

Appleton will be compensated with a year’s salary of £500,000 after working just two months of a two-and-a-half-year contract, while the other members of staff will receive six months’ pay.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296095/Michael-Appleton-sacked-Blackburn-just-67-days.html#ixzz2O3r1GSsN

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Why did they have yesterday off?

What a joke.

Singh deserted the place before Appleton turned up as he didn't have the balls to do it man to man.

We are a basket case of a club, a total laughing stock. Relegation this season or next if we don't force these idiots out.

• Backroom

Why did they have yesterday off?

What a joke.

Singh deserted the place before Appleton turned up as he didn't have the balls to do it man to man.

We are a basket case of a club, a total laughing stock. Relegation this season or next if we don't force these idiots out.

If you recall Singh didn't have the guts to tell Henning he was sacked face-to-face either. The man is a coward.

One massive thing is bothering me at the moment, the owners seem to have no patience at all regarding managers and staff so Why the hell did Steve Kean get so much time to ruin the club before he LEFT not sacked.

Appleton was far too negative and another bad decision but the last thing we needed was another manager to get the chop, do the owners not realise we need stability as a club to move forward.

Sack the people hiring the managers they are more to blame.

This is a question that has been raised several times. One I would like answered. It does stink doesn't it.

Interested to read that Shaw might be out the door next.

Was the reason he was brought in so hastily not linked to John Newsham's departure and the need for someone at the club to have a relevant H&S qualification? A qualification that Shaw has and Kung Fu Panda hasn't?

This is a question that has been raised several times. One I would like answered. It does stink doesn't it.

I guess it could be explained by the fact that we had no senior management between Kean and Venky's themselves.

All the sackings have happened since Singh, Shaw and Agnew were slotted in there as an extra layer.

As stated on the other thread Rhodes is not good with his back to goal and that is a necessary requirement in any 4-5-1 formation.

Whilst i would thank Rhodes for his sterling efforts this year (his goals). I would snap clubs hands off if they offered in the region of 5 or 6 million. I remember being at the evening when Allardyce had just arrived and a bloke asked 'why did you let Derbyshire go'. Straight away Allardyce said, strikers nowadays need to be much more than just a goalscorer.

There are very few strikers nowadays designed just to score goals, and if they are, generally they come off the bench. Rhodes is so far away from a complete player that it was laughable to pay anywhere near £8m for him IMO. 4-4-2 is going drastically out of fashion, and Strikers nowadays must be able to play back to goal. Rhodes can't, nor does he run the channels.

IMO we can only make a loss on Rhodes, he will not cut it in the Prem.

Interested to read that Shaw might be out the door next.

Was the reason he was brought in so hastily not linked to John Newsham's departure and the need for someone at the club to have a relevant H&S qualification? A qualification that Shaw has and Kung Fu Panda hasn't?

Er, no that's very wrong. John had in place a qualified team before his departure. (And that does not include the unqualified Kung Fu Panda)

If you recall Singh didn't have the guts to tell Henning he was sacked face-to-face either. The man is a coward.

Sack me by proxy as you are slipping a cheque for 500k in the post and I'd not care less.

btw I am amazed at the response to this poll. The football was crap, the tactics were crap, the crowds were crap, we'd been shown up live in a FA Cup quarter final by players who'd cost virtually sweet FA, we couldn't score to save our lives and the players weren't playing for him. Nothing good was happening at the club whatsoever. In a nutshell Appleton had the club on a collision course with Div 1 ffs so why is anybody not jumping through hoops now that he's been binned?!

Sack me by proxy as you are slipping a cheque for 500k in the post and I'd not care less.

btw I am amazed at the response to this poll. The football was crap, the tactics were crap, the crowds were crap, we'd been shown up live in a FA Cup quarter final by players who'd cost virtually sweet FA, we couldn't score to save our lives and the players weren't playing for him. Appleton was taking us down ffs so why is anybody not jumping through hoops now that he's been binned?!

Although I won't miss Appleton my reason for voting as I did was because the sacking of him at this point is endemic of the poor running of this club and so I find little reason for being happy with it. Had 'are you sad to see him go?' been asked then my response would have been different.

btw I am amazed at the response to this poll. The football was crap, the tactics were crap, the crowds were crap, we'd been shown up live in a FA Cup quarter final by players who'd cost virtually sweet FA, we couldn't score to save our lives and the players weren't playing for him. Appleton was taking us down ffs so why is anybody not jumping through hoops now that he's been binned?!

I'm puzzled as well. Support for Appleton recently has been sparse, certainly not over 50% as the poll indicates.

Yeah ok, we look like a joke at the moment. But Newcastle looked like a joke when they sacked Hughton and brought Pardew in. Southampton looked like a joke when Adkins was sacked. Same with Forest and McLeish's short reign.

People (including the media) forget these things VERY quickly if results improve on the pitch. We might be a laughing stock now, but everyone will quickly forget if things turn around on the pitch.

We were descending so rapidly under Appleton that I think it's the right decision.

Although I won't miss Appleton my reason for voting as I did was because the sacking of him at this point is endemic of the poor running of this club and so I find little reason for being happy with it. Had 'are you sad to see him go?' been asked then my response would have been different.

Semantics. Much more important than Appleton going ...... there's a bloody budget today!

I haven't responded to this poll. He should never have been appointed and I said at the time it would be luck rather than judgement if this worked out. The poll is really all about timing rather than substance.

Agree. I voted "no" because this decision can ultimately prove to be fatal for the club. Right now Rovers must be the biggest joke of a club in europe or at least on par with Palermo. Having Singh back in charge is never a good thing and reading the article in the Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/blackburn-farce-deepens-as-shebby-singh-returns-to-sack-michael-appleton-by-letter-8541365.html) I just feel hollow inside. Everything about this is a farce: the appointment and the way he was sacked. Singh also claims the appointment was "legally invalid" and did not have the decency to give Appleton the message himself nor inform the playing squad before it hit the media.

So...even though results have been bad lately how any one can see this as a good thing is beyond me. Appleton really wasn't given a chance. Only good thing to come from this is that the numpties who "run" this club have been shown up for the fools they are and hopefully will suffer the consequences sooner rather than later. I fear the club will suffer first though and getting a demoralised squad who'll get paid anyway up for a relegation fight could prove a job to hard for Bowyer and Phillips.

I hope I'm wrong with every fiber in my body and that we'll come out of this "unscathed", playing in this division next season also and hopefully with a good manager in charge. All evidence points to the contrary though and I fear there are still new levels of emberassement to come.

Archived