BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

Rovers11, you have changed your tune a little? Now saying that you can see why they sacked him etc?

Also you give them too much credit with regards to the reasoning for the sacking. They just don't have the first clue and that's the problem, being poorly advised time and time again. As I said earlier you just cannot second guess this mob. Bowyer will probably not survive the month.

Haven't changed my opinion on Appleton. Think he was approaching things the right - building from the back, putting a proper structure in place off the pitch and slowly changing the playing squad. Think he would have made big improvement to the squad in the summer.

The simple equation comes comes down to the fact the owners do not think he'll keep us up. I think he would but if I was the owner and had a manager in place that I thought would relegate us then I'd sack him. So, in that respect, even though I think they are wrong, I can see where they are coming from.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those trying to say I told you so (just not in so many words) it was poor at the moment but we'll never know how it would have turned out, he may have continued the downward slump or he may have turned it around, he hasn't had one game with all options available (one game Williamson was available we beat Arsenal away and Dave Jones has played two and a half games and we have looked better for having him in) nor a full weeks training uninterrupted.

Anyway we'll just never know for sure no matter what folk say but good luck to him and Darren Moore, we may well see them in a league higher than we are soon enough with these owners.

Same could be said about Ince and Berg

• Backroom

Same could be said about Ince and Berg

We'll just carry on sacking people after a few bad games in that case then just to be safe :)

That damned Shebby gets everywhere - I am sure I saw him whispering in Dann and Hanley's ear - keep lumping it forward onto Shittu's head - he will get a headache at some point.

I very much doubt that MA would have suffered for Shebby interference - the reason we had a good start is we played some poor teams - as soon as we played anyone half decent the wheels came off. He knew how to set us up to defend - but as soon as we conceded the game was up.

Murphy's contract being a reason for getting rid of MA - get real.

you obviously don't have to be in the vicinity of rovers or even in the country to interfere, he just needs to (and I thinks its very reasonable to assume has been) making disparaging and undermining comments to the owners a(who's ears he has easy access to), this all filters to the training ground, ect.. and unsettles things.

Shaw and Agnew may be small time morons, but Shebby Singh is just childish coward and has absolutely no right(or qualifictions) to be any where near a professional football club, if I here any group member now coming out and supporting singh in anyway I think ill actually vomit.

Jesus wept.

So any new manager has a poor run of eight games, you'll be shouting for his head :blink:

The mind boggles Aggy, I was convinced it was 'modern day Rovers fan syndome' but clearly not as plenty of pre Jack Walker fans thinks its a good idead to sack manager after 60 days....

Bonkers

Appleton deserved it though with the dross he was serving up but its his facial expression in the LT. with Dunny celebrating asked a lot more questions of Appleton.

A point I made earlier. I don't know if anyone can put up a link to that photo but unless it's down to the camera playing tricks Appleton looked every bit as underwhelmed as Dunny looked ecstatic.

Stability? Shedload (Half a team) of sheeite in on loan + the unwelcome return of Orr and we're still struggling to put a team out since he came in due to a mysterious injury crisis!

Injury crisis but no place for Givet!

• Backroom

The mind boggles Aggy, I was convinced it was 'modern day Rovers fan syndome' but clearly not as plenty of pre Jack Walker fans thinks its a good idead to sack manager after 60 days....

Bonkers

Okay, so let's assume you were against Appleton being appointed from the get-go. You didn't want him, didn't think he was what the club needed, etc.

He then goes on to take the club to the bottom of the form table and drags it into a relegation battle despite being in with a shout of the playoffs when he was appointed.

You're then supposed to be of the opinion he should stay? If anything, wanting him out is just being consistent and logical. I'd say not wanting him out from that perspective would be bonkers.

If Dunny's last minute shot went a foot to the right, would people still be saying that this is a bad decision?

A similar point I made earlier. Defeat to an average Burnley outfit and the poll would read much different imo. David Dunn's deeds have influenced that poll more than Appleton.'s

Robbie Savage comments about Rovers sacking of Appleton and how it was done

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01r992k/5_live_Drive_19_03_2013/

1 hour and 18 mins for Savage comments.

he said the owners and board members are too blamed.

need to give Appleton time and a full pre-season

Sav changes his mind constantly. I agree with the comments he makes here but he was slagging Appleton off after the Millwall match and said what a poor appointment he was.

• Backroom

Gav is just mad like we all are. Totally and utterly wrong beyond belief but angry all the same ;)

Smug as ever I see

Lets be honest nobody with sense would have picked Appleton as manager but the owners did and some people thought and still think there was a chance he could sort it out possibly, some didnt, that's fine it's just a matter of opinion there is no right and wrong.

Once again we find ourselves in the situation of the next step being the most critical and I don't have any faith at all they wil get it right

Okay, so let's assume you were against Appleton being appointed from the get-go. You didn't want him, didn't think he was what the club needed, etc.

He then goes on to take the club to the bottom of the form table and drags it into a relegation battle despite being in with a shout of the playoffs when he was appointed.

You're then supposed to be of the opinion he should stay? If anything, wanting him out is just being consistent and logical. I'd say not wanting him out from that perspective would be bonkers.

Smug as ever I see

Lets be honest nobody with sense would have picked Appleton as manager but the owners did and some people thought and still think there was a chance he could sort it out possibly, some didnt, that's fine it's just a matter of opinion there is no right and wrong.

Once again we find ourselves in the situation of the next step being the most critical and I don't have any faith at all they wil get it right

Its all in jest Tom :(

Also, they're probably looking at the fact that, 45 minutes against Peterborough aside, his signings have failed and contributed absolutely nothing to the cause.

If they're to provide transfer funds in the summer then I can see why they'd be scared of having Appleton still in charge.

But they didn't have any such fears about Kean!!!! He relegated us and then was allowed to sign 9 new players!

"The best squad I've ever had". None of it makes sense.

Archived