BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

You seem to have a real problem with Rochina. I think he's our best attacking player behind Rhodes. We'll never agree on that, so might as well leave it at that.

However even you can't deny that replacing the foreign legion hasn't worked can you? Even Formica who I only rated as being average was a lot better than Bentley on his performances to date.

I wouldn't disagree with your second point although I think it is too early to judge Bentley as he has never really been match fit with the Russian season closing down at the beginning of December. From the moment Venkys walked through the door they have signed the wrong players and forced better players out. The one decent loan signing they made was Jermaine Jones but then failed to get him on a permanent basis because of cost. Yet how much has been wasted on the wrong players and sacking staff?

Until Venkys depart I really don't see any postive future for the club and in fairness to them they must now be losing serious money on a regular basis. I suspect the parachute payments will go to paying off the debts that must be mounting and dread to think what sort of budget the new manager will get in the summer.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone celebrating this is a clueless mug. When slagging him off you got what you wished for, like we'll get a better replacement now.

Unbelievable.

couldnt of put better myself!.The majority of posters on here who wanted Appleton out are now moaning about the owners....why? After all they've got what they wanted, Appleton sacked!.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10299203.Appleton_expresses_his_disappointment_at_Rovers_sacking/

Looks like he's been gagged. Either by his own people or Venky's.

couldnt of put better myself!.The majority of posters on here who wanted Appleton out are now moaning about the owners....why? After all they've got what they wanted, Appleton sacked!.

It was the same when Allardyce went.

adsfortheblues, is that information already public or is it private? Take it down if it is private.

I don't know why it has been taken off to be honest. It is information straight from his business cards which many people are privy to. It isnt private information. MODS should allow it to stay on.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10299203.Appleton_expresses_his_disappointment_at_Rovers_sacking/

Of course he has. If he wants a payoff he keeps quiet. People who take early retirement or redundancy sign similar agreements not to bad mouth the firm

I basically get to one game a season - still to come. I started watching rovers in 72 and pretty much enjoyed it until the big money walker times which may seem rather weird. No offense to Jack or anybody but when the club becomes dependent on one man however geuine that is when sustainability is put at risk because the replacement may not be as benevolent. I genuinely wish Rovers all the best and would certainly contribute to any fan-run trust initiative. For me, watching the game at millwall on TV proved what an utter shambles the team had become and way worse than the Don Mackay/Bob Saxton teams I used to love watching with Garner and Sellars. there were poor times, I recollect a very young team team that fluked a win at Ayresome park middlesbrough 15 or so years ago 1-0 whilst in the grip of relegation dogfight. At least then we had jason wilcox and some quality young players coming through. But sunday there was nothing at all. Absolutely nothing. Not one piece of action that made me think there was any hope so for me Matt Smith called it right. For this reason, the club probably made the right decision in removing Appleton. However, the on pitch decisions must not cloud what has become a joke, a far cry from the frugally run fan-based club I used to love.

If this was a sacking in isolation, I could understand it. Appleton hasn't done well. The football is dire and we are in real danger of relegation. However, considering how many managers we've had this season, the one thing we needed was stability. How can they be this ruthless and yet have kept Steve Kean in a job for 18 months??? It's ridiculous.

I don't care enough to be angry. It's beyond apathy. They have to get the next appointment right, but we've been saying that every 2/3 months recently. They won't and I doubt we'll be playing Championship football for much longer.

I basically get to one game a season - still to come. I started watching rovers in 72 and pretty much enjoyed it until the big money walker times which may seem rather weird. No offense to Jack or anybody but when the club becomes dependent on one man however geuine that is when sustainability is put at risk because the replacement may not be as benevolent. I genuinely wish Rovers all the best and would certainly contribute to any fan-run trust initiative. For me, watching the game at millwall on TV proved what an utter shambles the team had become and way worse than the Don Mackay/Bob Saxton teams I used to love watching with Garner and Sellars. there were poor times, I recollect a very young team team that fluked a win at Ayresome park middlesbrough 15 or so years ago 1-0 whilst in the grip of relegation dogfight. At least then we had jason wilcox and some quality young players coming through. But sunday there was nothing at all. Absolutely nothing. Not one piece of action that made me think there was any hope so for me Matt Smith called it right. For this reason, the club probably made the right decision in removing Appleton. However, the on pitch decisions must not cloud what has become a joke, a far cry from the frugally run fan-based club I used to love.

Sorry, don't agree with that, the Jack Walker years and the initial period under the Trust before they lost interest were far more enjoyable than what preceded it imo.

liked the appointment and wanted him to do well but this was the right decision....recent comments regarding tactics and fans have been concerning, as was shipping out Formica and Rochina, recalling Orr and setting up to feed scraps to our best player....based on the last three games, he had no clue and neither did the squad

Lets get this straight the fans DID NOT SACK Appleton.

Appleton deserved it though with the dross he was serving up but its his facial expression in the LT. with Dunny celebrating asked a lot more questions of Appleton.

I have just figured it out - they never waited till the end of a match the few times they came over here - maybe Dunny's equaliser was so late they still think we got beat :-)

Bit like the Hitler You Tube Clip City v Utd a couple of years back!

Have they interviewed fans yet on sky?

I hope they give John Waring a ring again for a balanced eloquent view

Get on blower to em John!

Oooh you charmer! The trouble is most of the media don't want a balanced view - they want someone with a trenchant opinion, preferably that someone else will argue with to keep the story going. So Sky haven't rung me. I suspect they only rang me when Kean went because everyone else was down the pub at the time. Over the last couple of years there have been plenty of other fans willing to offer their opinion to ~Sky and the rest.

I have been rung by The Bee and done a piece for them though so if one of the two men and a dog who listen to it can let me know if it's been on....

Sky have been taking the mickey out of us all afternoon saying that we're looking for our 6th manager this season more than Manchester United have had since 1972 etc etc.

I wish someone would go on and make the point that the problem is not so much that we keep sacking managers, it's that we keep appointing crap ones in the first place.

Finally Rev. We are in total agreement!!!

I do accept the majority of supporters would take your line. Certainly, my father would agree with you (the Brian Douglas era aside). Thought the Daglish era was just a bit unreal but there is no doubt it brought us new fans.

The comments underneath the article are telling. Basically he was not good enough and he was playing poor mans Allardyce with a predatory striker starved of possession. One of the leading goalscorers and we cant score for a toffee. You watch the way the team plays for the rest of the season under Gary. I guarantee they will play with purpose and we will probably end up in a respectable position for the Championship if that is not an oxymoron.

Denny's comments on Sunday got him sacked. By mentioning that he wasn't getting picked even though he was fit because of reasons other than football meant that he was sticking the boot into the owners. A further dig was that Appleton was picking him, which to me suggests that Appleton was disobeying the owners. As a result the owners, via Shebby, have dumped the manager.

Forget Singh, Shaw or Agnew. The goings on at Ewood the past two years makes me think that the chief adviser to the Venkys is non other than Alastair Campbell, with his sole remit to drive Rovers into oblivion.

A silly thought I know, but there seems to be no sensible explanation to what is happening to our club.

Archived