BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy all this inherited a bad unfit squad ect. This squad should not be getting outplayed by any team in this division and yet it happens week in week out

Thats a complete myth. The squad is desperately poor and ill suited to this division. How many times do I have to ask people just how many of our squad would even get on the bench of the promotion outfit 12 years ago? And even then with a galaxy of top players we only squeaked in in 2nd place just ahead of potless Notlob.

• Backroom

Nixon tweeted that Appleton found out he was sacked through the media.

Has there ever been a more classless club?

I'd rather find out via the media than through Shebby Singh

Well he would do would'nt he, friends in dark places etc , already been reported that Appleton was summoned to a meeting with Singh

Absolutely right. Any stability that Appleton brought has now gone out the window.

Stability? Shedload (Half a team) of sheeite in on loan + the unwelcome return of Orr and we're still struggling to put a team out since he came in due to a mysterious injury crisis!

Another person with his head up his backside who seems to think we have a squad of Premier League players.

Until a manager gets time to get to grips with the car wreck of a team that Kean left and is given time to assess and bring in players we will go nowhere.

Correct.

And it takes longer than a couple of months to turn around a shipwreck the size of Blackburn Rovers.

IMO Appleton was capable of sorting out the issues at the club, though you can't ignore the recent results and his lack of action/solutions in a losing position.

Whether Appleton was the man or not, the club has just taken another huge step backwards.

Spot on den, its another sad day for the club, glad I had time to enjoy the Dunny goal, it may well be the last I see for a while.

So thats another compensation package to be agreed, I wonder if its less than Murphys, so they've opted to sack the manger instead and bring DM back as Bowyers assistant :wacko:

You mean he didn't hide away at home and get his wife to ring Desai...?

Big difference, we had footballing people at the club that made footballing decisions Rev, now we have a shelf salesman, a TV pundit and a PR guy that was looking after masocts pictures not to long ago....and they'll be once again choosing the next manager and you're happy with that.

The mind boggles

Agree wholeheartedly.

You cannot profess to want premier league football and have no hopers running the show.

Venkys are culpable for all of this. They took a crown jewel and smashed it into pieces.

My opinion is for all fans to stop going. Find something else to do and let the club die a slow death on its own. In this day and age there are plenty more entertainment options available.

Its a @#/? disgrace. Agnew and Shaw/Singh continue to drag BRFC through the mud and in the face of the worlds media and bring more misery to the clubs supporters.

Until These three stooges leave the club then there is no hope.

MA has brought some stability to the club and ridded it of some real dross, his job is only just beginning. Despite the poor form I am certain that he could have done a job with a full pre season and time to build his own team.

In any case, its most definately a nail pressed home in the relegation coffin.

Gambling syndicates anyone ?????

Wat a Complete and uttter joke we are as a club.

venkys ownership is a joke and have to go.

A manager needs time. Appleton had 2 months as manager. trying to rebuilt the club and the club's scouting network n sport science departments which a certain person wrecked.

venkys n shebby have no plan going forward who to appoint but Shebby seems to have won his power struggle with Shaw and Agnew.

totally joke!!!

Its a @#/? disgrace. Agnew and Shaw/Singh continue to drag BRFC through the mud and in the face of the worlds media and bring more misery to the clubs supporters.

Until These three stooges leave the club then there is no hope.

MA has brought some stability to the club and ridded it of some real dross, his job is only just beginning. Despite the poor form I am certain that he could have done a job with a full pre season and time to build his own team.

In any case, its most definately a nail pressed home in the relegation coffin.

Gambling syndicates anyone ?????

Yes says it all for me.

Wat a Complete and uttter joke we are as a club.

venkys ownership is a joke and have to go.

A manager needs time. Appleton had 2 months as manager. trying to rebuilt the club and the club's scouting network n sport science departments which a certain person wrecked.

venkys n shebby have no plan going forward who to appoint but Shebby seems to have won his power struggle with Shaw and Agnew.

totally joke!!!

Give it a few months or even weeks and no doubt you (along with the players) will be saying how much better it is than under the last bloke etc.

• Backroom

It's a bit of a myth that Appleton brought stability to the club, isn't it?

On the playing side of things he slagged off the players in the press and fell out with a few of them(totally deserved, but still), and on the other side of things recently started blaming the fans for his own awful tactics.

Sure he brought in his own backroom staff but were they any better than what we had before? On the face of it I'd say no, whether they're 'hard men' or not. You could say the same about the players - has he really improved us? We weren't especially creative before, but now we have literally zero creativity whatsoever and the so-called grafters barely put a shift in. His signings have been awful and there's no evidence Venky's would have backed him with the funds necessary to make the signings necessary to push on next season. With his poor grasp of tactics I don't see how he would have succeeded in anything other than relegation or lower-mid-table Championship obscurity.

Appleton started off very brightly but his descent was rapid and frightening. At times he was like a rabbit in the headlights.

Give it a few months or even weeks and no doubt you (along with the players) will be saying how much better it is than under the last bloke etc.

I like reading your posts but sometimes it's like you can't see the wood from the trees in this whole mess.

Archived