BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

Another person with his head up his backside who seems to think we have a squad of Premier League players.

Until a manager gets time to get to grips with the car wreck of a team that Kean left and is given time to assess and bring in players we will go nowhere.

We might not have a squad of Premier League players but ffs, they must be as good as some of the squads above us. We're unbalanced, but not that unbalanced. They should be able to string a few passes together at least and we have a striker that can score goals if you think back a few months.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many people here are feeling sympathetic toward Appleton as if he was anything resembling a proper football manager.

Doesn't surprise me when everyone was over the moon after we managed to secure such world-class talent like Williamson and DJ Campbell and King and I can't even be bothered to spell the names of these mercenaries right. We were really going to take the league by storm with those ones, weren't they?

Lots of people on here truly have an egg on their face today. Appleton completely deserved to be dumped on his kean. He is not a top-level manager by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course, the ones responsible for all this are still Venkys who hired him in the first place. Everyone knows what happened with Kean, they we got Berg who had 0 managerial credentials (but at least we liked him)....and even after those two failures they still managed to dig up someone with an abysmal managerial record.

I would be shocked out of my mind if Venkys don't pick another idiot to replace Appleton, as that's all they seem to be good for. But make no mistake about it, Appleton does not deserve to manage a club in any of England's top few divisions.

I'm happy with the decision. We were getting worse by the week.

The key part now is to make a sensible appointment, I have ZERO confidence is this happening.

Shaw and Agnew should be sacked for their part in the Appleton-farce.

In hindsight, Appleton's managerial record wasn't the best. We've not won in 8 games and are lingering very close to the relegation zone. Any other season, not many would have complained. However, add to the mix that we're about to have a 6th person in charge, is an absolute farce.

When will the owners realise that it's not the managers that need to be sacked, it's those 3 numpties that are choosing the managers that need to go!!

honestly thought this guy would be it but been proven wrong, he clearly wasnt up to it but should have never have got the job in the first place after the berg debacle, we needed experience and we still do, give bowyer till the end of the season and regardless if he does well or not he should NOT get the job fulltime, we need to go for a proper manager in the summer regardless of results, no more experiments

It's a bit of a myth that Appleton brought stability to the club, isn't it?

On the playing side of things he slagged off the players in the press and fell out with a few of them(totally deserved, but still), and on the other side of things recently started blaming the fans for his own awful tactics.

Sure he brought in his own backroom staff but were they any better than what we had before? On the face of it I'd say no, whether they're 'hard men' or not. You could say the same about the players - has he really improved us? We weren't especially creative before, but now we have literally zero creativity whatsoever and the so-called grafters barely put a shift in. His signings have been awful and there's no evidence Venky's would have backed him with the funds necessary to make the signings necessary to push on next season. With his poor grasp of tactics I don't see how he would have succeeded in anything other than relegation or lower-mid-table Championship obscurity.

Appleton started off very brightly but his descent was rapid and frightening. At times he was like a rabbit in the headlights.

I think he caught the end of the uplift from Bowyers time.

Tony Parkes might be our best bet next - if even he'll come!

I like reading your posts but sometimes it's like you can't see the wood from the trees in this whole mess.

Venky's have made a complete mess of running the Club not least of which is a string of disastrous managerial appointments. If they finally get one right we might at least be able to start taking a few steps forward again.

To me this is just another example (albeit an extreme one) of modern professional football. If we allow anyone with a bit of cash to own a club then we have to accept crazy decisions being made on their every whim. I'm surprised at the surprise. NOTHING surprises me in football these days.

That said, I think this is one of their better decisions. To call Appleton mediocre would be extremely generous.

And of course people will still want to manage us. Money is king in this sport!

We might not have a squad of Premier League players but ffs, they must be as good as some of the squads above us. We're unbalanced, but not that unbalanced. They should be able to string a few passes together at least and we have a striker that can score goals if you think back a few months.

No - we haven't ad the league table shows that. We are that unbalanced - and Rhodes isn't scoring goals anymore because of just that.

Venky's have made a complete mess of running the Club not least of which is a string of disastrous managerial appointments. If they finally get one right we might at least be able to start taking a few steps forward again.

Sorry Rev but you're also living in cloud cuckoo land if you think they'll get this one right, I'd bet my morgage on them getting it wrong, very wrong.

No - we haven't ad the league table shows that. We are that unbalanced - and Rhodes isn't scoring goals anymore because of just that.

So it's not because we've had three novices in charge and the clubs in total turmoil then. Alright.

Its all too Bizarre, so many strange and contradictory decisions and statements in the last few months. Venkys obviously were clueless and naive when they took over and somehow they just get worse. Not that I had much confidence in Appleton after the performances of the last 2 months but wtf sack him now?

Ok so Appleton was appearantly not up to the job......but who was responsible for appointing him ?

surely some responsibility must be taken by the person(s) making the appointment...if Appleton was not good enough, then the persons appointing him are not as well. They should do the honorable thing and resign themselves !

I think he caught the end of the uplift from Bowyers time.

Tony Parkes might be our best bet next - if even he'll come!

The thing that kept working for Parkes was that he'd been there so long. Everyone knew him including a lot of the players and most people liked him as a bloke. It just wouldn't work now the club has changed to much.

There have been so many stupid crazy decisions in the last few years is anyone really surprised.

Personally I think MA would have done a reasonable job with rovers. Like it or not the club needs a lot of fixing after the kean and it will take some time to fix it.

Anyone who thinks this is a good move are in for some shock because going on the chicken farmers record kean will probably come back.

We have been a jobe for a long time now we're just pitiful.

Could all these people so unhappy Appleton has been removed please explain why and what exactly we will miss? We have failed to score in 6 of the last 8 matches, losing 5 of them. My Grandma could do better than that.

Lets hope your grandma picks the next manager because you're going to get more of the same, and Danny Murphy walking around the midfield picking up his wages and his WAG taunting you on twatter or whatever its keaning called.

Ok so Appleton was appearantly not up to the job......but who was responsible for appointing him ?

surely some responsibility must be taken by the person(s) making the appointment...if Appleton was not good enough, then the persons appointing him are not as well. They should do the honorable thing and resign themselves !

Here here !

Archived