BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] In spite of everything would you still renew/attend next season?

Will you be renewing next season?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing next season (public votes, others can see how you voted)

• I am a season ticket holder, I will be renewing regardless of owners, league or price (within reason)
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if we stay up
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if the price stays low
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I am a season ticket holder, I'm not sure yet
    • I am an EX season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season ONLY if Venky's go
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and won't be getting one (i.e. expats etc)
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and I'm not sure yet

I wouldn't watch Rovers in League 1. It would be crap football, empty grounds and little news coverage.

Part of being a football fan is reading about your team in new papers, watching the highlights on TV, playing big teams, listening about them on 606 etc. That would hardly happen in league 1.

I read this as a mock comment about what some fans see as the point of modern football - ie it's all about glory and not the difficult times. Effectively taking the p out of the Sky generation.

If this is the case, he's suckered a few.

If it's the genuine sentiment of (admittedly someone who is definitely a WUM anyway), then he's suckered me. :-(

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting poll results so far.

Polarised into 2 main groups:

1) Those who will go regardless and don't care if Venkys are here or not. (Happyclappers)

2) Those who have now temporarily given up on Rovers whilst Venkys continue their destruction of the club. (ex-Tremblers)

Then a 'don't know category':

3) Those who are unsure about having the @#/? taken out of them for a third season.

What chance have we got of joining together SoS style to rid ourselves of the disease?

We are totally reliant on what Glen can get published hopefully confirming sufficient wrong-doing for the authorities to act - although I'm not sure they ever will - and even then he will have people slating him.

In SoS case it was the boardroom and bank who delivered the fatal blow. However, Venkys are ensuring our boardroom will never unite (let alone against them) and have moved the banking to India. Clever stuff. I wonder if they thought of that all by themselves?

So not much chance then.

Administration would be a bittersweet moment.

I'm a lapsed season ticket holder rather than not buying one because of Venkys, due to living in Scotland and finances.

That said I wont be buying another season ticket until Venkys are gone. I'll give ANY new owners a chance until they give me a reason not to, and personally hope a Supporter Ownership Model is part of the future for Rovers

I'll watch Rovers in any Division.

It appears that there are differenent opinions of what is a true football fan. Some will follow the club through thick and thin while others chose to come along depending who is in charge. I was at Accy Stanley v Morecambe last night and you've got to give both sets of fans credit for true football supporters. Only 2,400 on but atmosphere was electric.

How many there last night where thinking "I shouldn't be here!"? Not one because it was all about getting behind the team wearing the shirt at the time. If we could still pack 20,000 home supporters into Ewood ever game then 12th man comes to mind.

By the way, well done Stanley and Morecambe. The whole of Lancashire's proud of you!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am not going to renew mine and my daughters tickets. Would love to but can't bring myself to pay money to these people anymore. I think on the pitch is now less important than off so not bothered whether anyone goes and gets behind them. Might be better if no one at all went but it's about personal choice and living 200 miles away it's easier for me not to go than for someone living locally. . Under new owners I would go in any division.

There isn't an option on that poll for I currently have a season ticket but can't see the point of renewing next year though ill probably attend a fair few matches, which is how I'm currently feeling. I'm not turning my back on them but I don't want to hand over a big chunk of cash in advance and then find that things are even worse next season than last.

Having had a season ticket for all 4 sides of Ewood for the 27 consecutive seasons before last, I will not be renewing unless there is a change of ownership and/or drastic renewal in the way the club is managed. I went to about 6 or 7 home games ( none away) last season spending approx £120 and found I regretted most of those attendances. It was only the social aspect that justified my boycott breaking. The two/three hundred quid plus I 'saved' I'll put towards a Roverstrust grand pledge for when the day of reckoning comes for BRFC, as it surely will. Remember that ignorant greedy keaner Steve Kean, our last but 3 managers? I do. The club still needs a purging and regardless of points deductions or even relegation enforced it cannot come soon enough and I then I can return on a regular basis.

I didn't renew last season because of Steve Kean - but still went to most home matches and the odd away - overall it would have been cheaper for me to buy a ST. Next season - I'll wait to see the pricing then decide.

Hence why when Kean went I did buy a season ticket. It was still financially worth it. But not next year unless things change drastically

Regretted buying a half season ticket last year. After Kean went I thought maybe things would get brighter. How wrong can you be?

So after many years I have decided not to renew.

Off to watch non league next season where at least all the players actually give a damn. Once the untouchables have gone, or at least sack the play school that is currently our boardroom and employ some real football people, then I shall return.

If I'm still here of course.

Well I wouldn't describe myself as a superfan but I'm still going. Always will do regardless of who owns the club or who manages the team. That's the key statement to me, Venkys may own the club but its my team and they or anyone else won't take that away from me. It's ours not theirs. If eventually they bale ship and leave and we reform as Blackburn Rovers 2013 in whatever division I will be there. I respect others decisions but that's the way I feel.

Indeed, though I'm only 28, and I've only known Rovers in the top two divisions, the talk of boycotting is almost a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face (though, granted I completely understand not wanting to watch that sh1te!).

A lot of people have been saying they'll be back once insert event name here happens, but, I'm not convinced that will be the case, who's to say their new replacement hobbies will be re-replaced with home games down at Ewood?

It really is a case of supporting your team and hoping the end of Venky's and their incompetence will be sooner rather than later, well, for me it is anyway.

The last line sums it up for me. I really hope next season brings some joy and pride back, but fear it wont. Season Ticket will be bought on the final 'claim your own seat deadline'

How long before the first superfan: 'Venky's will never stop me renewing! RTID"?

That was me last season, Topman. But Ive been worn down like the rest now.

I'll be going next season but I fear another season of this and I'll have nothing left in me to want too go.. A few years ago if we lost a game to any team I'd be in a bad mood for days after the game. These days you watch your team lose 3-2 at home to Peterborough and not really care. It's the same for a lot of fans and until Venkys go this wont change. Simple :(

We didn't renew last season because of Kean, we'll not be renewing this season unless Venkys prove they have learned a thing or two and get a decent manager in and some structure in the boardroom. You can't run a club with a shelf salesman, program editor and TV pundit running the show, we know that, why don’t our Millionaire poultry giant owners????

Me and Baz won't be renewing unless the fundamental mistakes they continually make, cease.

So no, we probably won't renew. Hopefully more fans will understand that non attendance is the only way they can pressurise Venky's.

Me and Baz won't be renewing unless the fundamental mistakes they continually make, cease.

So no, we probably won't renew. Hopefully more fans will understand that non attendance is the only way they can pressurise Venky's.

So me not giving Venky's c£350 next season will pressurise them but them losing north of £2m per month won't?

:huh:

So me not giving Venky's c£350 next season will pressurise them but them losing north of £2m per month won't?

:huh:

Nothing to do with money Simon. Completely empty grounds would drive them out.

Archived