BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League One - what next?

If, as expected, what does the future look like for Rovers in lge 1?

Would this lead to Venkys selling? Who could we get as manager? What would it mean financially?

The club is worth 0 now. My concern is that we actually need Venkys now more than ever financially. We can't survive without their finance. Would Battersby/Currie be willing to pick up the tab and fund us to get out of the league? It will take huge sums of money to get this club back on the right path. Do they have it?

Things happening on the pitch are just a sideshow for me. Never going to be successful with chaos off the pitch.

With the right owners, a strong management structure, and decent investment I think a team can fly up the leagues pretty quickly. Look at Saints and Norwich. They hit rock bottom before they improved. My only fear is that lge 1 is not going to be rock bottom.

This summer is massive for the future of this club.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our only hope. If they took over then I think we would get a decent manager who would get us promoted, someone like Curbishley.

I think the stock will decrease drastically if we drop down to League One, we wouldn't have a hope in hell of attracting the likes of Curbishley who I reckon could have had a Premier League job by now if he wanted to. The only way I could see us going back up is by striking it lucky like Southampton and Norwich did. I think we'd be there for the long haul or even worse in League Two.

u arent going to get curbs pal.

think we need experience manager like Boothroyd or Alan Irvine

Curbs is desperate. No-one has touched him for years. It's all academic who the manager is if Venkys remain. Can'tmove forward until off the field set up is fixed.

Curbs isn't desperate - he is earning very good money as a TV pundit. I'm out in Dubai at the moment and he's creaming it in financially apparently!

He's not desperate financially. He's desperate to get back into management. He's said several times in public how he's desperate to get back and is not sure why no-one has given him a chance.

Hasn't he said he's had a few offers but none that he particularly fancied? I'm pretty sure Wolves wanted him after McCarthy.

Yeah - he's very picky and quite happy with the cash he's getting as a pundit at the moment from Al Jazeera.

The positive about going into lge 1 is that Venkys will lose a hell of a lot of money. They'd have to make a decision as to whether they keep us and are prepared to lose another huge sum next year or cut their losses and sell us. The club simply cannot operate without extra funding, will venkys be prepared to do that.

They wouldn't get much from selling our players. Most of them are useless.

Curbs is desperate. No-one has touched him for years. It's all academic who the manager is if Venkys remain. Can'tmove forward until off the field set up is fixed.

Couldn't agree more. With director fighting against director. With people in charge, at a local level, looking at vested interests rather than the good of the company. Even if and when that can be sorted out, then there is interference from outside influences like agents who cannot be mentioned. The conclusion is that any company is or would be in trouble and destined to terminal decline, it could be football, accountancy or manufacturing, but the outcome is unfortunately inevetable!

Couldn't agree more. With director fighting against director. With people in charge, at a local level, looking at vested interests rather than the good of the company. Even if and when that can be sorted out, then there is interference from outside influences like agents who cannot be mentioned. The conclusion is that any company is or would be in trouble and destined to terminal decline, it could be football, accountancy or manufacturing, but the outcome is unfortunately inevetable!

Exactly. Which is why it is heartbraking to watch but sadly predictable.

If we were in this position with jw, tf in the boardroom and jack walker - people who love the club - then it would be gut wrenching. With these people in charge, it's just sadly predicable and they deserve everything they get. It's just a shame innocent fans have to suffer as a consequence.

League 2

I don't think we will make it that far. Now I don't think we are going to come back I firmly believe, my opinion nothing else, that we will be defunct before we actually hit league two.

Exactly. Which is why it is heartbraking to watch but sadly predictable.

If we were in this position with jw, tf in the boardroom and jack walker - people who love the club - then it would be gut wrenching. With these people in charge, it's just sadly predicable and they deserve everything they get. It's just a shame innocent fans have to suffer as a consequence.

Just been looking at the official web site and noticed this:

"The directors consider Venky's London Limited, Co. Reg 7406020 to be this company's parent company. Ultimate control is held by the Venkateshwara Hatcheries Private Limited, a company incorporated in India, with registered number 1422."

It says everything that the directors only CONSIDER who the owners are? Should directors not know who owners are? Or is there something going on that we humble supporters shouldn't know like the so called owners are not the owners or are we being prepared for winding up?

This is a trajedy unfolding and we the only ones who actually care and the ones who have provided finances to the club for many years, are helpless in the current events. Makes you want to puke!

The positive about going into lge 1 is that Venkys will lose a hell of a lot of money. They'd have to make a decision as to whether they keep us and are prepared to lose another huge sum next year or cut their losses and sell us. The club simply cannot operate without extra funding, will venkys be prepared to do that.

They wouldn't get much from selling our players. Most of them are useless.

They all are , Dunn is at the end too ..

I'm genuinely expecting Blackburn Rovers to be no more within the next couple of years.

I wouldn't go that far. The likes of Luton & Pompey are still hanging on, albeit in the non-league (and the latter heading that way). I don't imagine Rovers will become defunct that quickly. Where we'll actually be competing is still a scary thought.

I live in hope that Venkys will not want to own us anymore in League 1------because that is where we are heading.

We need local owners backed by the fans. It won't be like Jack's takeover, it will be a long,hard road back taking years.

But if the fans get behind it we will rise again and be a lot cleaner in the process.

Always remember Swansea when others tell you it can't be done.

This is going to be interesting , personally i think Venkys are on a sticky wicket and always have been ..

How sticky ? not sure but credibility is a big thing in Indian culture , hopefully we may see who is pulling their strings if anyone?

My gut feeling is , the name of a well known agent and his client formerly of this parish are going to come to the fore again ...

But thaen aain , i maybe wrong !

I wouldn't go that far. The likes of Luton & Pompey are still hanging on, albeit in the non-league (and the latter heading that way). I don't imagine Rovers will become defunct that quickly. Where we'll actually be competing is still a scary thought.

We are dropping faster than they did and they both had severe points deductions, whike we haven't had any!

Archived