BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes- exit clause in contract

Rhodes out, Davies in.

Shut down the mb, I've heard it all.

that`s not what i was saying and you know it. all i`m saying is if rhodes does stay, i`d like to see him add another angle to his game. that`s the only way imo he`ll ever truly become a top centre forward.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that`s not what i was saying and you know it. all i`m saying is if rhodes does stay, i`d like to see him add another angle to his game. that`s the only way imo he`ll ever truly become a top centre forward.

We need to bring in players to help him, and contribute by doing their own jobs really well.

You seem to be suggesting that if Rhodes simply created more then we'd score more goals and be a better team. We wouldn't, we don't have the players.

We need to bring in players to help him, and contribute by doing their own jobs really well.

You seem to be suggesting that if Rhodes simply created more then we'd score more goals and be a better team. We wouldn't, we don't have the players.

well of course, i beg to differ. if rhodes created more for others, we wouldn`t be as predictable as to where goals would come from. he should get a bundle of shearer dvd`s, sit, watch and learn. he has it in him i believe.

well of course, i beg to differ. if rhodes created more for others, we wouldn`t be as predictable as to where goals would come from. he should get a bundle of shearer dvd`s, sit, watch and learn. he has it in him i believe.

Which others Saxo?

It doesn't matter if we are predictable if Rhodes can still bag 20 odd goals in a season.

• Backroom

I love how these goals will apparently magically appear out of thin air.

Who are the goalscorers in midfield that Rhodes is setting up for exactly? Murphy and Lowe?

Bring Davies in on a free and get him to play alongside Rhodes. I'm sure he has a decent season in him left.

That might well work but then half our fans would be complaining about the constant long ball. There is only one way to make use of Davies strengths.

i don`t think so..

Why not? He can still score the odd goal and prove a menace up front. He doesn't even have to be a starting striker but if we are chasing a game in particular i don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to bring him on to partner up with Rhodes. I think given how he has left Bolton and his poor showing at Rovers last time round he'd have a point to prove. It wouldn't cost the earth in wages either.

• Moderation Lead

Bring Davies in on a free and get him to play alongside Rhodes. I'm sure he has a decent season in him left.

I'd rather tap dance on a mine field than have to put up with watching that fat sh1thouse at Ewood again.

Why not? He can still score the odd goal and prove a menace up front. He doesn't even have to be a starting striker but if we are chasing a game in particular i don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to bring him on to partner up with Rhodes. I think given how he has left Bolton and his poor showing at Rovers last time round he'd have a point to prove. It wouldn't cost the earth in wages either.

well maybe then. mark hughes proved a crucial capture when many thought him past it i suppose.

Which others Saxo?

It doesn't matter if we are predictable if Rhodes can still bag 20 odd goals in a season.

Surely this season shows that sentence isn't true?

Rhodes doesn't suit playing alongside a target man. He needs someone who will run the channels, drop deep and look to play through balls.

If you put Rhodes with a target man then they're so easy to mark because it's too flat with no movement.

Rhodes doesn't suit playing alongside a target man. He needs someone who will run the channels, drop deep and look to play through balls.

If you put Rhodes with a target man then they're so easy to mark because it's too flat with no movement.

but again, that`s building the team around a player that will contribute nothing outside his own goals output. we need more than that from him if we are to be a successful team overall.

` Can't believe anybody would think we would be better off without him.`

nobody has said that, but we could be better with him.

as an example, if sam were to sign him, do you think he`d do nothing to try to alter his overall game?

I don't really know what more you would want from him, he has somehow scored all these goals when the service has been terrible. He could hold the ball up better yes but that's not really his game, I'd say we would be far more wiser to build a team around him i.e some width drilling balls into his head and feet facing goal rather than trying to improve his skill of controlling balls to his chin.

`I don't really know what more you would want from him, he has somehow scored all these goals when the service has been terrible. He could hold the ball up better yes but that's not really his game, `

if he wants to be a top centre forward, esp at the very top, he has to make it `his game`, and also learn how to be a threat from recieving the ball in wide posistions, another current weakness imo.

i`m not knocking him for the hell of it, i`d want him to be the best player he can be.

Fair enough, I don't think holding the ball up will ever particularly be a strong point in his game but I do think he could "work the channels" better. Personally I'm more than happy with him just being a plain old goal scorer.

Fair enough, I don't think holding the ball up will ever particularly be a strong point in his game but I do think he could "work the channels" better. Personally I'm more than happy with him just being a plain old goal scorer.

i`m a hard task master.. :D

Archived