BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes- exit clause in contract

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we have had to change our parameters as the disastrous season has unfolded. Without his goals we would have gone down so he has been an outstanding success.

Anyone wanting to buy him might well think "how many goals would he have scored in a good team?"

That's all going to happen & the nasty people saying the club is on the very cusp of financial meltdown are making it all up cos Venkys are mega rich and despite having their pants pulled down for 30 months it's all gonna turn out like Disneyland & Jordan's going to stay, Todd wil sign, Danny & Dickson will go and waive what they're owed .... & lashings of ginger beer & cake for everyone!!

Indeed. Wake up and smell the coffee time is coming. It's getting in hot in here. They've had their fun, hopefully.

We're stuck with some right rubbish. They'll not walk away. If we can get through a few seasons in this division until the crap has gone. Then we might stand a chance.

I don't need to do the sums for you meadows (obviously!) but Etuhu is on a 4 year contract on 30k a year. Nice one Shebby. Shall we just pay his contract up? How can we? We should be skint. The reality is..... well. Come on.

Fortunately we have owners and a boardroom who would do anything for the club to get things right. Their professionalism shines like a beacon throughout professional football.

They must leave. Take their Board, take their advisors, take their PR team, take ALL the owners and take their stench with them.

Until then worrying about whether Jordan Rhodes is largely irrelevant. Cause what we'll be left with is Dixon's 4 year contract, another 12 months of murphy, 6 Portugeezers who will never get a game cause they're pony, no Dunny, no Givet, no quality tc etc etc. We'll take 6m for Rhodes quite happily - it might keep us alive.

But. We must stay up. We must. I think we will, Tuesday was great. But if you think it's tough now people. We've not even started. But when that shower of sh1t leave our club, that's when we'll start getting well.

At the moment it's just a complete sham. It's being run for other reasons and not for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Indeed Ozz. 'twas a bit heavy that post, but that's where we're at. There's a lot of good people about who love this club.

We will survive, we will be called Blackburn Rovers and we will play in Blue and White halves.

Indeed Ozz. 'twas a bit heavy that post, but that's where we're at. There's a lot of good people about who love this club.

We will survive, we will be called Blackburn Rovers and we will play in Blue and White halves.

It wasn't heavy Bob, relegation would leave us with no hope. While we're in this league there's still some hope. The decline has to be stopped and stopped now - this season, otherwise it really is a long way back.

It wasn't heavy Bob, relegation would leave us with no hope. While we're in this league there's still some hope. The decline has to be stopped and stopped now - this season, otherwise it really is a long way back.

Again, I agree den. I'm not sure where we all go from here next season if they decide to stay. 2k season ticket holders in the Championship? (OK guys, I'm being optimistic for those PR people and assorted Advisors reading).

But honestly. They MUST sell.

I don't need to do the sums for you meadows (obviously!) but Etuhu is on a 4 year contract on 30k a year. Nice one Shebby. Shall we just pay his contract up? How can we? We should be skint. The reality is..... well. Come on.

I don't think Etuhu on a £30k a year contract is a major problem!

It'll be alongside CKR, surely?

I think he's pants, a flick boy or show pony if you will. I just don't rate him, attitude is everything in sport.

I cannot believe Gomes with his pedigree and what he showed at the start (he was decent and scored, something CKR couldn't do in a brothel), hasn't played.

Says it all

CKR PL 27 (21 starts) S 3 A 3

Gomes PL 16 (6 starts) S 4 A 2

Says it all as most of Gomes apps are in the last 20.

Blimey SKH, my point is value for money and would we have been better with the same amount spent right through it. I'm hardly moaning about him being here, my last post says he's my player of the year!!!

The 8m spent on Rhodes was almost like an exceptional one off extra item of expenditure after the " normal" transfer budget had been spent and Best sustained his serious injury. I'm not sure it would have been spent at all if Best hadn't got injured. For me that 8m was money well spent and as it turns out may have saved us from a second successive relegation.

How much have we spent on other players in transfer fees, agents fees and wages? I would wager far more than any other Championship Club. So for me the question is not "Could the 8m spent on Rhodes have been better spent throughout the team?" It's "Could the money spent on Best, Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes, King the (6?) Portugese players, Rekik, Bentley, Campbell, Stewart, Jones and Williamson have been spent more wisely?"

I think we know the answer to that. That's 17 players!!!!!

If THAT money had been invested more wisely by a competent manager and we'd spent 8m on Rhodes as well, it would have been happy days imo.

The 8m spent on Rhodes was almost like an exceptional one off extra item of expenditure after the " normal" transfer budget had been spent and Best sustained his serious injury. I'm not sure it would have been spent at all if Best hadn't got injured. For me that 8m was money well spent and as it turns out may have saved us from a second successive relegation.

How much have we spent on other players in transfer fees, agents fees and wages? I would wager far more than any other Championship Club. So for me the question is not "Could the 8m spent on Rhodes have been better spent throughout the team?" It's "Could the money spent on Best, Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes, King the (6?) Portugese players, Rekik, Bentley, Campbell, Stewart, Jones and Williamson have been spent more wisely?"

I think we know the answer to that. That's 17 players!!!!!

If THAT money had been invested more wisely by a competent manager and we'd spent 8m on Rhodes as well, it would have been happy days imo.

It would be very happy days !

A competant manager is something we have not had for over 2 years ..

Look who is going up Cardiff (best team by a mile) but cannot help thinking without Bellamy they would be play off material ..

Hull , how the hell are they anyway near the top ? Seen them a few teams and are very very poor ..

Next season will bemuch more difficult , QPR , Reading and Prob Wigan ..

If Harry stays can see them winning it easy ..

Indeed. Wake up and smell the coffee time is coming. It's getting in hot in here. They've had their fun, hopefully.

We're stuck with some right rubbish. They'll not walk away. If we can get through a few seasons in this division until the crap has gone. Then we might stand a chance.

Fortunately we have owners and a boardroom who would do anything for the club to get things right. Their professionalism shines like a beacon throughout professional football.

They must leave. Take their Board, take their advisors, take their PR team, take ALL the owners and take their stench with them.

Until then worrying about whether Jordan Rhodes is largely irrelevant. Cause what we'll be left with is Dixon's 4 year contract, another 12 months of murphy, 6 Portugeezers who will never get a game cause they're pony, no Dunny, no Givet, no quality tc etc etc. We'll take 6m for Rhodes quite happily - it might keep us alive.

But. We must stay up. We must. I think we will, Tuesday was great. But if you think it's tough now people. We've not even started. But when that shower of sh1t leave our club, that's when we'll start getting well.

At the moment it's just a complete sham. It's being run for other reasons and not for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Your post a 'bit heavy' Bob?..no my friend you summerize perfectly what the majority of Rovers fans think and feel right now,anger and isolation....@#/? to those who watch on and say nothing.

We're on the road to hell with these @#/? wits from Pune and we all know it :angry2:

The numpty wouldn't play for us and there was little interest in him from anywhere else. We were lucky to get what we did for him eventually imo.

Interesting to see he now seems to be in the process of taking Stoke down, hard to see how that could happen when according to some he is Ya Ya Tore mark 2

How much do you think he would sell for now Simon given that he has been voted 5th best signing of the season?

The lad comes in for some criticism on here about his movement, link up play and speed off the ball but the guy deserves a bit of credit as a goalscorer.

Even his harshest critic would not argue with that tony.

The frustration is that a ball cleared up to him to relieve pressure on the defence / midfield just comes straight back on virtually every occasion.

Such a shame that the ability to score as he does requires a rare and precious talent whilst the other 'energetic' bit that he's weak at requires far less special ability.

It's beyond ridiculous to argue that we needed an 8 million pound striker to prevent us being relegated to the THIRD tier of English football.

Not knocking Rhodes but the money should have strengthened the whole team. Who we'd have bought is an unknown we can't argue given the idiots that run us, but doing this would've equipped us for promotion rather than relegation.

The teams fighting it out at the business end of the league and the respective cost of their squads proves that.

Quite true but there is a kicker here........ could anybody believe that Steve Kean could have been trusted to spend money well....... AND HONESTLY? His purchases since he stabbed Allardyce in the back have been disastrous and imo based on ulterior motive and NOT based either on footballing ability or worth to the squad or the club.

I reckon there will be a few Premier Lge scouts at St Andrews on Saturday to have another look at Jordan, plenty of clubs in the

bottom half of the table need a goalscorer, Norwich etc, and after this weeks debacle in court, they'll be thinking we might just get a

bargain.

In the summer i think one of the relegated clubs may look at him. Now proven at this level he'd be a great signing for a promotion chasing club who have a big budget and may have lost a good player or two for big fee's. Ironic really.

In the summer i think one of the relegated clubs may look at him. Now proven at this level he'd be a great signing for a promotion chasing club who have a big budget and may have lost a good player or two for big fee's. Ironic really.

Thats a good shout and makes sense, but sounds like Venky's need the money asap.

First one to meet the asking price I suppose.

Thats a good shout and makes sense, but sounds like Venky's need the money asap.

First one to meet the asking price I suppose.

If they are needing the cash quick i think they'll push a few others out first then see if they can start an aution for Rhodes seeing as he's the jewell in the crown. Wouldn't be suprised to see them try and flog him abroad for big money ala Samba/Kalinic though i doubt he'd go. I do reckon they'll have the agents trying to resurrect the Olsson deal though for a quick sale at 3 mill.

Archived