BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes- exit clause in contract

If they are needing the cash quick i think they'll push a few others out first then see if they can start an aution for Rhodes seeing as he's the jewell in the crown. Wouldn't be suprised to see them try and flog him abroad for big money ala Samba/Kalinic though i doubt he'd go. I do reckon they'll have the agents trying to resurrect the Olsson deal though for a quick sale at 3 mill.

Forgotten all about Olson, maybe Big Sam might be interested.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon there will be a few Premier Lge scouts at St Andrews on Saturday to have another look at Jordan, plenty of clubs in the

bottom half of the table need a goalscorer, Norwich etc, and after this weeks debacle in court, they'll be thinking we might just get a

bargain.

But what struggling PL clubs need more is a striker that can make a nuisance of themselves, hold the ball to relieve pressure and to allow the five man midfield to come into play. Rhodes would be a disaster for a team like Norwich imo.

Definitely the biggest threat will be from top Championship clubs. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see someone like QPR come in for him.

If he scores another class goal on Saturday, like he did against Palace, I think he'll have plenty of Prem managers thinking

is he worth a chance ?, can I get a bit more out of him ? because he's certainly a cool finisher and they're few and far

between even in the Premier lge.

Murray didn't score tonight so if Jordan can bag one against Big Club he could be joint top scorer and share the golden boot. First time since Jansen?

I'd love that to happen just to stick two fingers up to whomever decided to omit him from team of the season on favour of Vydra who's score 8 goals less.

Murray didn't score tonight so if Jordan can bag one against Big Club he could be joint top scorer and share the golden boot. First time since Jansen?

I'd love that to happen just to stick two fingers up to whomever decided to omit him from team of the season on favour of Vydra who's score 8 goals less.

Funny you should mention Jansen, his goal on Saturday reminded me if him.

Best lobber in the game our Matt was.

My main concern is what is in or not in the Rhodes contract, after all it was left up to Tipp-ex to finalise and he's not been seen in the best of lights recently, coupled to that the rat Kean was still here and two agents were used , if sold can see Rovers getting about a quid with the rest going on "arrangement fees" and Huddersfield's cut.

Ideal scenario is he's still here next season

My main concern is what is in or not in the Rhodes contract, after all it was left up to Tipp-ex to finalise and he's not been seen in the best of lights recently, coupled to that the rat Kean was still here and two agents were used , if sold can see Rovers getting about a quid with the rest going on "arrangement fees" and Huddersfield's cut.

Ideal scenario is he's still here next season

purely for info. town's sell-on clause only comes into effect on profit made over the 8 million paid. It is either 15% or 25% right now I can't remember, the first 8 million is 100% yours. If you sell him for less than 8 million town get nothing.

purely for info. town's sell-on clause only comes into effect on profit made over the 8 million paid. It is either 15% or 25% right now I can't remember, the first 8 million is 100% yours. If you sell him for less than 8 million town get nothing.

So for a £4m rated player (at most), you get £8m no strings attached, no bonus trigger payments incorporated AND you get up to a quarter of the profit we make if we turn him into a better player and get him a move to a bigger club?

And this is AFTER we sold Phil Jones for £16 and incorporated numerous additional bonus payments - none of which we appear to have seen yet.

Ordinarily I'd tell you to get lost, Ben (in the nicest possible way of course) but with this lot, you could very easily believe it.

I presume our negotiating tactic was - "is there anything else you want?"

So for a £4m rated player (at most), you get £8m no strings attached, no bonus trigger payments incorporated AND you get up to a quarter of the profit we make if we turn him into a better player and get him a move to a bigger club?

And this is AFTER we sold Phil Jones for £16 and incorporated numerous additional bonus payments - none of which we appear to have seen yet.

Ordinarily I'd tell you to get lost, Ben (in the nicest possible way of course) but with this lot, you could very easily believe it.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1146430/blackburn-sign-jordan-rhodes-for-L8m?cc=5739#

Considering the Henning Berg compensation case, it certainly has a familiar tone to it:

"Rovers' managing director Derek Shaw, instrumental in the record-breaking transfer, said: "An awful lot of work has gone into this deal and we are all indebted to Mrs Desai and her family for their magnificent support. From the very first day I walked in here, the owners have given superb backing for everything we are trying to do on and off the field. That is where the credit is really due."

Really?

I think I remember reading about it being 15%.

i respect jordan as a finisher unquestionably, but personally believe rovers can be more successful overall with a striker that has perhaps less goals output, but more of a team game. if jordan does leave(though i`d prefer him to stay) and we can replace him with said type player, we may not actually be worse off.

I can't believe people think we would be better off without Rhodes. It's borderline delusional.

We would be better off without Murphy, Orr, Olsson mkII, Etuhu, Best, Campbell, and a plethora of Portugeuse squadies. You can replace those with better team players if you like.

:wacko:

I can't believe people think we would be better off without Rhodes. It's borderline delusional.

We would be better off without Murphy, Orr, Olsson mkII, Etuhu, Best, Campbell, and a plethora of Portugeuse squadies. You can replace those with better team players if you like.

:wacko:

well were talking about rhodes here, not those other players. they are another issue entirely..

i respect jordan as a finisher unquestionably, but personally believe rovers can be more successful overall with a striker that has perhaps less goals output, but more of a team game. if jordan does leave(though i`d prefer him to stay) and we can replace him with said type player, we may not actually be worse off.

Whilst this said guy is steaming around being a team player just who is going to bang in 25 goals ?

I'm very much in the 'it's up to the rest of the team to create chances' camp, but even if I wasn't I'm pretty sceptical about how much more a 'well rounded' player could have done this season with the total dross that has played behind him.

Put it this way, would you have preferred Emile Heskey in his prime up front this season or Rhodes? I can understand the arguments for Heskey, but only if you had faith in the midfield/other forward stepping up.

I'm very much in the 'it's up to the rest of the team to create chances' camp, but even if I wasn't I'm pretty sceptical about how much more a 'well rounded' player could have done this season with the total dross that has played behind him.

Put it this way, would you have preferred Emile Heskey in his prime up front this season or Rhodes? I can understand the arguments for Heskey, but only if you had faith in the midfield/other forward stepping up.

a good example of my thinking is kevin davies, yes he scored around 10-15 goals a season tops, but i`m willing to bet he was directly involved in the scoring of around 30 goals a season overall through his team play, creating openings for others. no-one can knock rhodes goal output at all, but how many chances does he create for others...? i`m personally not a believer in having one player allocated specifically just to score goals and nothing else. that can be like being a man down sometimes.

a good example of my thinking as an example is kevin davies, yes he scored around 10-15 goals a season tops, but i`m willing to bet he was directly involved in the scoring of around 30 goals a season through his team play, creating openings for others. no-one can knock rhodes goal output at all, but how many chances does he create for others...?

But isn't that an example of a team being set up to exploit Davies' strengths? I agree that Rhodes was signed without any consideration about how we were going to set up, much like every other signing.

Point I was making was that just as Rhodes needs certain players around him to get the best out the team, so do the Heskeys and Davies of this world. Basically, a player like Kevin Davies will score less goals but will probably lead to more for the rest of the team. This year, I don't think we'd have been better off relying on the rest of the team than Jordan Rhodes.

Archived