BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes- exit clause in contract

• Backroom

It would be nice to keep Rhodes, but I fear a low/mid-table prem club will take a punt on him. I can't see it being a Championship club due to the wages we've got him on. Possibly Newcastle or Sunderland if they come down.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats cos some put watching a match before reading useless stats as a measure of a player.

Yeah, those useless goals scored stats. They should do away with them completely. We could decide the winners of each match by who has the most ginger players.

I would be surprised if he plays again for the Rovers ....

Even teams like Hull , with the extra cash in the Premier will be an attraction ..

Expect the transfer fee to be swallowed into the big hole in India ....

Cannot help thinking we are nailed on certs for the drop next season ...

No doubt Redknapp will come in for him as he has always had an obsession of linking himself with good Rovers players down the years at the various clubs he's managed. He also likes buying strikers to sit on the bench and nearly ruin their careers as he did at Spuds.

No doubt Redknapp will come in for him as he has always had an obsession of linking himself with good Rovers players down the years at the various clubs he's managed. He also likes buying strikers to sit on the bench and nearly ruin their careers as he did at Spuds.

"Weeeaaall, the boy's done triffic there, ain't he? Scored a lot of goals. But you know, he's a Blackburn player, ain't he? So I'm not gonna talk about him but he's a triffic player and we'd love to have him here."

Could just picture him at Newcastle for some reason.

I could see him being a big success at a club like Newcastle.

Well, presuming they sacked Pardew and appointed someone half decent.

"Weeeaaall, the boy's done triffic there, ain't he? Scored a lot of goals. But you know, he's a Blackburn player, ain't he? So I'm not gonna talk about him but he's a triffic player and we'd love to have him here."

Ha Ha ! He couldn't have put it better himself. Mind you he finally acheived his dream to buy and manage a few big Blackburn Rovers players, for all the keaning good it did him :)

I could see him being a big success at a club like Newcastle.

Well, presuming they sacked Pardew and appointed someone half decent.

You know reading this thread one would think we have already been relegated NEXT season, please use your brains for a change i.e Rhodes cost us £8M plus wages for his contract add another £4M or thereabouts, so any potential bidder needs to start at £12 million, he's 23, English and can only get better, so again stop the he's only worth £6M crap, £15M would be a snip, so no, Hull or Newcastle will not be able to buy him. Some one mentioned we ended up only 10 points from the play offs, so lets look at it this way.

it might be a bad league but don't any of you think we can not reach 70 or better points next season,Christ we have lost around 16 points in the last 5 minutes of games this season, so com-on boys and girls think positive, have a holiday and come back with faith, you never know.

You know reading this thread one would think we have already been relegated NEXT season, please use your brains for a change i.e Rhodes cost us £8M plus wages for his contract add another £4M or thereabouts, so any potential bidder needs to start at £12 million, he's 23, English and can only get better, so again stop the he's only worth £6M crap, £15M would be a snip, so no, Hull or Newcastle will not be able to buy him. Some one mentioned we ended up only 10 points from the play offs, so lets look at it this way.

it might be a bad league but don't any of you think we can not reach 70 or better points next season,Christ we have lost around 16 points in the last 5 minutes of games this season, so com-on boys and girls think positive, have a holiday and come back with faith, you never know.

Whilst I salute the sentiment, it's difficult to think positive when you let reality seep in for a second or two.

Yes, we survived - just - but unless something changes next season, it's hard to see how things will improve organically. We have no manager, no board to speak of and owners who are still running the club from India. Still giving us cheap words and even cheaper actions. Let's see if we get an experienced, credible CEO who is allowed to make football decisions, because as it stands even the people in charge now don't have the authority to sign managers contracts (or so Venkys would have us believe).

If we have NO money then Rhodes is worth whatever we can get for him in a short space of time. That's why people see his value as low.

Now, if Venkys do really have money, and this last two years have been some kind of bizarre test of everyone's faith then congratulations, you've passed, and we won't have to sell Rhodes - even if he asks to leave (which of course he won't in this positive world we've created).

Let's hope you are right, Pete. Genuinely. But football isn't played on grass at Ewood these days, it's played out in the papers.

Yeah, those useless goals scored stats. They should do away with them completely. We could decide the winners of each match by who has the most ginger players.

Rather an uncalled for insult dont you think T4E? I think we can now safely assume that the 'T' for Tosser. So how many football scouts base their judgement on statistics do you think Tosser?

'im not a fackin' wheeler dealer, u can fack owf, cam daaan eer to tawk abaaat the lad rhodes, crackin player, should play for england, blackbaaarn is a crackin' claaab so it would be disrespecfowl to tawk abaat anava claabs playaaaa'

• Backroom

I'm not sure QPR will find it easy to shift many of the players on their books, which could limit them to who they can bring in over the summer. Rhodes might be a little out of their price bracket in terms of fee and wages. I guess it depends how much more Fernandes is able to throw down the toilet that is professional football club ownership.

Rather an uncalled for insult dont you think T4E? I think we can now safely assume that the 'T' for Tosser. So how many football scouts base their judgement on statistics do you think Tosser?

Where was the insult?

There wasn't one, but since you want one, I'll point out that my name actually stands for Thenodrogisa4kingEnormouscunt.

There wasn't one, but since you want one, I'll point out that my name actually stands for Thenodrogisa4kingEnormouscunt.

I don't usually go for name calling, but I've just spit my beer out, now thats funny!!

So my response to this insult gets deleted, but this stays?

Cleared gingernuts isn't the only bellend around!

Look how Venkys acted with Phil Jones. I can't see Rhodes leaving for less than 10m and quite frankly, he's not worth that. You can buy an established premier league striker for that, why spend it on an unproven championship player?

In terms of his overall game, Yes he contributes little else to the game, but surely that's only a problem if he's not scoring goals? If his hold up play was much better but he'd only scored 10 goals this season I doubt people would be happy.

29 goals this season for a club battling relegation. You cannot complain about that in any way.

In terms of his overall game, Yes he contributes little else to the game, but surely that's only a problem if he's not scoring goals? If his hold up play was much better but he'd only scored 10 goals this season I doubt people would be happy.

29 goals this season for a club battling relegation. You cannot complain about that in any way.

Exactly. He he could be quicker, hold the ball up better and do more running in the channels. But he scored 29 goals in a terrible team, with no support and no service. Those weaknesses don't bother me at all as long as he keeps doing the thing that strikers are primarily there for.

Archived