BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Backroom

Asolutely, and whilst we all wish him well I fear he'll be gone by Christmas, because he had a squad full of average players and square pegs in round holes.

First bit debatable imo and second bit just plain false.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've written stuff like that before and not carried it through I seem to rem Tom. Dont turn into Paul mk2 will you? ^_^

What are you wittering about now?

Still playing golf and living off corporate tickets?

don`t forget that john williams made a stinker of an appointment in ince after a pretty long interview process, and the fact that ince looked a nervous wreck in his `unveiling` interview makes me wonder how williams made such a cock up when a no-brainer like big sam was available..

don`t forget that john williams made a stinker of an appointment in ince after a pretty long interview process, and the fact that ince looked a nervous wreck in his `unveiling` interview makes me wonder how williams made such a cock up when a no-brainer like big sam was available..

The No brainer when Ince was employed was Michael Laudrup, who was 6/4 joint fav with Ince to be next manager.

• Backroom

like to see laudrup do well on the sort of budget sam had i.e. he wouldn`t..

I'd love to say 'what about Michu for £2.5m?' but I admit I know nothing of his other signings :/

Of course the suggestion that Bowyer is under any form of pressure whatsoever at this stage might be complete bunkum. Ditto the rumours about Singh.

With ill feeling against the owners seemingly having subsided slightly over the summer, and various conspiracy theories having bitten the dust, perhaps some people want to whip things up again. There certainly didn't seem to any basis to the article which appeared in the Daily Mail. Likewise circumstantial evidence points to Singh being removed from a position of influence rather than the other way round.

People seem to want the argument both ways on this. The assumption of many on here seems to be GB was appointed simply because he was the easy cheap option, and not because of any ability he may or may not possess, or the job he did last season. If that was indeed the reason he is in situ then he wouldn't be under any pressure at all now and would be given far more slack than he should be if poor results were to become the norm.

Laudrup had a net spend of -£10m.

Correct - he's done a terrific job up to now - particularly as they lost two of their key men in Allen and Sinclair. He did however, spend 18million last season, plus 20.5 million this season. Best part of 40million in two summer transfer windows.

Allardyce actually had a net spend of -£20m in hist first season at Rovers after selling RSC, Warnock, Derbyshire etc - So we should certainly bring this to balance, rather than you just parading Laudrup facts out Toppers.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/blackburn-rovers/transfers/verein_164_2009_default_default_alle_a_default.html

Think you'll agree that it makes Allardyce's tenure at Blackburn even more of a success - despite the moronic opinions of some spoilt fans who were demanding a formation that has now pretty much died out. That ''4-4-2, 4-4-2, 4-4-2'' chant still makes me cringe given the fact that we had one of the weakest midfields in the division - plus a pretty shocking frontline of JR and an overweight Benni Mc

Infact, quick show of hands - which of you lot that celebrated his departure would still NOT want Allardyce as manager after the shyte that we've been force fed since.

Yes, yes, Allardyce was our lord and saviour. We are not worthy, we are not worthy.

In actual fact, his removal was the mere tip of the iceberg in a long line of ill-advised decisions by Venky's.

Infact, quick show of hands - which of you lot that celebrated his departure would still NOT want Allardyce as manager after the shyte that we've been force fed since.

I wouldn't. Not that the subsequent bunch of losers have been any better, but for me Allardyce marks the point when Rovers went from being a reasonably entertaining side to watch to being thoroughly boring.

Allardyce's hateful brand of anti-football brings you stable, stagnant mediocrity. There are better options, but unfortunately Shebby and Venkys were unable to see them.

I wouldn't. Not that the subsequent bunch of losers have been any better, but for me Allardyce marks the point when Rovers went from being a reasonably entertaining side to watch to being thoroughly boring.

Allardyce's hateful brand of anti-football brings you stable, stagnant mediocrity. There are better options, but unfortunately Shebby and Venkys were unable to see them.

Quite possibly the most foolish post I've ever read on here. Idiot.

Me neither tbh M-K.

Anyway talks cheap as they say so I'd like to see you qualify that statement by naming the managers that you had in mind but no one else could see. Most top managers wouldn't even consider the job and of those that might be desperate enough to trap up who would not only come to BRFC BUT could out perform Allardyce on a similar budget and with squad that he inherited when he walked through the door after the misguided endeavours of that numpty Ince.

Off you go.

Yes, yes, Allardyce was our lord and saviour. We are not worthy, we are not worthy.

In actual fact, his removal was the mere tip of the iceberg in a long line of ill-advised decisions by Venky's.

Clearly you feel very strongly about Allardyce, Topman. I wouldn't have gone as far as to suggest we was our Lord, but yes I agree he was our saviour - There was only one way we were heading without his fine intervention. - Strange to see you have changed your mind on him. Seem to remember that you were firmly in the 'celebratory camp' weren't you?

Anyway, I'm only presenting facts. The same as you did with Laudrup in line with a discussion you were having with Saxoman. Your point was that Laudrup worked with a -£10m net, but he has also now spent close to £40m in two seasons.

Allardyce worked with a -£20m net and spent £11.5m over two seasons.

Think you'll agree that's quite a difference, and that your rather sweeping statement earlier might be a little deceptive in it's raw state? Balanced arguments and all that.

Me neither tbh M-K.

Anyway talks cheap as they say so I'd like to see you qualify that statement by naming the managers that you had in mind but no one else could see. Most top managers wouldn't even consider the job and of those that might be desperate enough to trap up who would not only come to BRFC BUT could out perform Allardyce on a similar budget and with squad that he inherited when he walked through the door after the misguided endeavours of that numpty Ince.

Off you go.

In the time that Rovers have been bumbling around, wasting time and money on no-marks like Kean, Appleton and Berg, Southampton, Swansea and Norwich have managed to find superior managers who can deliver attractive football on a small budget.

• Moderation Lead

In the time that Rovers have been bumbling around, wasting time and money on no-marks like Kean, Appleton and Berg, Southampton, Swansea and Norwich have managed to find superior managers who can deliver attractive football on a small budget.

I'd hardly call any of the spends of those clubs this summer small budgets!! Plus, their managers are relatively inexperienced,only time will tell if they are better than Allardyce.

I'd hardly call any of the spends of those clubs this summer small budgets!! Plus, their managers are relatively inexperienced,only time will tell if they are better than Allardyce.

I'm just comparing their inexperienced managers to our (many) inexperienced managers. Also, they can spend big now because they've been successful. With better management, Rovers might have been signing that calibre of player (£2m Michu).

Not really.

Had Sam stayed, we would have remained a Premier League side, almost certainly hovering constantly around the middle of the table.

Venky's decisions and mistakes would have been less obvious/consequential if the club had been guided by a proper football manager and, quite frankly, most of us here would be either unaware or uncaring about a lot of the problems we've seen over the last couple of years.

Removing Allardyce was pivotal - exacerbated by the appointment of the utterly incompetent Scottish baldy - in the downfall of the club.

To suggest otherwise is convenient to the Big Sam-bashers.

First bit debatable imo and second bit just plain false.

First bit - Average players:

Olsson - Not even average, just plain awful

Lowe

Morrow

Judge

King

Square pegs in round holes:

Maybe you missed the whole or last season and the season before, whilst strides have been made to plug the gaps we've seen players out of postion in pre-season and the 2 competative games so far and that will continue in my book.

Seem to remember that you were firmly in the 'celebratory camp' weren't you?

Nope, although people do like to pigeonhole me in that camp since I don't worship him and or subscribe to his anti-football philosophy. I said that Sam's sacking was badly timed in mid-season and that they better have a decent replacement lined up.

Anyway, I'm only presenting facts. The same as you did with Laudrup in line with a discussion you were having with Saxoman. Your point was that Laudrup worked with a -£10m net, but he has also now spent close to £40m in two seasons.

Allardyce worked with a -£20m net and spent £11.5m over two seasons.

Think you'll agree that's quite a difference, and that your rather sweeping statement earlier might be a little deceptive in it's raw state? Balanced arguments and all that.

Actually, Saxo's argument was that Laudrup wouldn't "do well" with Sam's resources. Define "do well" for a club of Rovers' size. I'm fairly confident we could have achieved at least the same mid-table obscurity with Laudrup that we did with Allardyce.

Not really.

Had Sam stayed, we would have remained a Premier League side, almost certainly hovering constantly around the middle of the table.

Venky's decisions and mistakes would have been less obvious/consequential if the club had been guided by a proper football manager and, quite frankly, most of us here would be either unaware or uncaring about a lot of the problems we've seen over the last couple of years.

Removing Allardyce was pivotal - exacerbated by the appointment of the utterly incompetent Scottish baldy - in the downfall of the club.

Disagree. It was their unwavering support for Kean that saw the club ultimately lose its PL status. They had plenty of time between Sam's dismissal and then to right their wrongs. They stubbornly chose not to.

• Backroom

First bit - Average players:

Olsson - Not even average, just plain awful

Lowe

Morrow

Judge

King

Square pegs in round holes:

Maybe you missed the whole or last season and the season before, whilst strides have been made to plug the gaps we've seen players out of postion in pre-season and the 2 competative games so far and that will continue in my book.

I believe Judge and Marrow are better than average. Olsson not played. King average but useful off the bench. Lowe average. Debatable, as I say.

In the 2 games so far we've played gk in goal, cbs at cb, fbs at fb, cms in cm, wingers on the wing and forwards up front. No square pegs anywhere apart from Judge, whose wicked cross justifies his place out wide.

Archived