SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I don't think GB is under pressure yet but I think if he was sacked soon and Shebby came back to the fore that could be it for me

I just don't think I'd have the heart to continue

What happened to the rumours of an experienced director coming in I know Kamy eluded to this a while bac

They interviewed at least 2 people, but maybe they don't want to make a change until the transfer window is closed. Last year they lost vital time in the transfer market while they faffed around deciding on what to do after Paul Hunt was removed.

Guest Norbert

Most of the imaginary pressure comes from over-excitable folk with big egos and nefarious agendas trying to spread panic on the internet.

In the meanwhile Bowyer is doing a good job and I'm content to do what supporters do and support the team and manager. Call me old-fashioned.

This.

The only pressure is from some short sighted people making themselves look like spoilt idiots. 2 games out of 46 and people are mumbling for his head? Get a grip or get a ticket for Turf Moor. Ferguson would have been sacked about 12 times with the starts Man Utd got off to in their first few months of a season.

At the moment they are making sensible decisions, however there is always the danger that they are capable of undoing all of this by making a daft decision.

Was rolling over to a bottom of the league Carlisle a good decision?......was pairing Lowe and marrow a good decision..?.was buying marrow a good decision?.......Bowyer isn't used to winning.....just saying what SS will be saying to Madam.

I don't think GB is under pressure yet but I think if he was sacked soon and Shebby came back to the fore that could be it for me

It would most definitely be it for me Tom, unless there were to be a different regime and owners.

Despite poor results in the first couple of games, I do have faith that we will eventually get it right under GB and Rome was not built in a day.

For what it's worth, if Shebby Singh were ever to reappear at Rovers in any capacity, that would be me done with the club.

The man is a manipulative, bent @#/? who heaps embarrassment on the club in the process!

have to say, if bowyer gets pushed before he`s had a fair chance(at least the traditional 10 game marker) under influence from shebby, then i can`t return until this regime is gone.

for the moment it could all be malicious rumours though, but if so, it`s concerning the likes of kamy is posting them when we all should be concentrating on backing the club 100%..

I thought he was the easiest, cheapest appointment option in the first place and said before the season I would be surprised if he survives past Christmas.

The only way Bowyer will end the constant speculation is if he picks up wins and meets the owners expectations set out to him during his meeting in India. We as fans know promotion is highly unrealistic but what if Venky's have told him that they expect Rovers to get promoted this year? If that's the case then he's a dead man walking.

You've written stuff like that before and not carried it through I seem to rem Tom. Dont turn into Paul mk2 will you? ^_^

Was rolling over to a bottom of the league Carlisle a good decision?......was pairing Lowe and marrow a good decision..?.was buying marrow a good decision?.......Bowyer isn't used to winning.....just saying what SS will be saying to Madam.

They have much in common!

Let's face it this lot running our club don't have a clue..we ALL know it.Just what are Venkys expecting this season with minimal investment and a squad low on craft,guile and confidence in my opinion.

I totally agree with others when they say Bowyer was the cheap option but hey,it's all true to form so as you were!.

Another 'Rookie' manager just learning his trade....

• Backroom

You've written stuff like that before and not carried it through I seem to rem Tom. Dont turn into Paul mk2 will you? ^_^

They have much in common!

I may well have done but I can't remember

All our day to day struggles stem from the fact we don't have a competent person running the club and haven't since John Williams left.

Our wage bill is a right mess and needs balancing and our transfer policy appears to be bizarre - if you are an ex-rover there is a chance you will get a call if you are still young enough. Our manager recruitment policy is a complete joke as there is no clear and concise recruitment and interview process which has lead to a string of managerial duds. The process is there to separate the wheat from the chaff, we haven't had a proper process since Allardyce's appointment.

All of these things have happened and continue to happen because we don't have that experience of running a football club and competently. The saddest thing about it is there are people out there who could come in and do a bloody good job provided they are given the time and autonomy to make day to day decisions. It's not the case at all that it's unfixable, but Venky's have got to want to give up some of their control and want to fix things.

Shebby D!ckhead is a symptom of the disease. We all know the cause.

So we all wait in quiet desperation, for the morons from Pune to leave, so we can pick up the pieces.

Quite frankly, the Chuckle Brothers (the real ones) would do a better job.

I thought he was the easiest, cheapest appointment option in the first place and said before the season I would be surprised if he survives past Christmas.

The only way Bowyer will end the constant speculation is if he picks up wins and meets the owners expectations set out to him during his meeting in India. We as fans know promotion is highly unrealistic but what if Venky's have told him that they expect Rovers to get promoted this year? If that's the case then he's a dead man walking.

Easiest cheapest?

He's earning a crazy amount of money.

Edit: well I say "earning" but...

Easiest cheapest?

He's earning a crazy amount of money.

Edit: well I say "earning" but...

Bowyer is earning a lot of money? He's gone from being a reserve team manager to manager, he would have got a pay increase but I would bet he's on less money than a lot of managers in this league.

It was an easy appointment, what's easier than promoting someone from within? No time and money spent on a managerial search or interview process. The season had just ended, they had the time to carry out a managerial appointment process but instead gave him the job straight away. It clearly was the easiest option to take.

Bowyer is earning a lot of money? He's gone from being a reserve team manager to manager, he would have got a pay increase but I would bet he's on less money than a lot of managers in this league.

It was an easy appointment, what's easier than promoting someone from within? No time and money spent on a managerial search or interview process. The season had just ended, they had the time to carry out a managerial appointment process but instead gave him the job straight away. It clearly was the easiest option to take.

Asolutely, and whilst we all wish him well I fear he'll be gone by Christmas, because he had a squad full of average players and square pegs in round holes.

Archived