BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer interview with BBC Radio Lancashire

Nice to learn a bit about Gary Bowyer the man, rather than the manager, from that interview. Really interesting to hear about he thought about his dad's success at Forest and what he learned from people like Cloughie.

Sounds like a really decent and honest fella and it's hardly surprising he's so popular with the players.

It's also fantastic that he believes in the young blood that's coming through. Basically, if they're good enough, they'll be in the team. End of.

Love that philosophy and I wish him all the very best at the helm.

Good Interview. I like how he mentions part of the recruitment process is doing the homework on the characters of the players. He wants 'good people' at the club on top of being the right talent. We certainly need a squad with players that will fight for every ball etc. Something that was evidently lacking last season.

mmm, craig bellamy is a total tosser, but a great player. going off persona ain`t always the way with footballers. attitude is the most important thing, but then who can tell how a players going to be until he`s actually at the club? every signing is a gamble really.

mmm, craig bellamy is a total tosser, but a great player. going off persona ain`t always the way with footballers. attitude is thej most important thing, but then who can tell how a players going to be until he`s actually at the club? every signing is a gamble really.

But Bellers was our tosser.

Makes me feel very old because I can remember Ian Bowyer (Gary's dad) as a young player at Manchester City. Good player - especially in Cloughie's Forest team - who would have probably played for England now but in those days never got a look in because there were so many very fine players around.

It's like clutching at straws after the madness of the past 2 years but I have high hopes for Gary Bowyer.

mmm, craig bellamy is a total tosser, but a great player. going off persona ain`t always the way with footballers. attitude is the most important thing, but then who can tell how a players going to be until he`s actually at the club? every signing is a gamble really.

As a person Bellamy is a nasty piece of work but Nelsen liked him because he said he was a winner and demanded maximum effort off his team mates.

As a person Bellamy is a nasty piece of work but Nelsen liked him because he said he was a winner and demanded maximum effort off his team mates.

I think he has matured by now, but yes, he used to be a total @#/?. Fantastic season for us, what a player he was/is on his day.

I think he won't sign anyone before getting rid of few. It's not the easiest task.

I agree that Bowyer biggest task is getting rid players he doesn't want. hope at least 8 players leave.

think the only players we will sign are Jones and Kane on loan until we get rid of some

I've got to say I'm optimistic for next season under Bowyer.

He's just what we need IMO and he's making al the right sounds so far. I think we could quite possibly have a real gem of a manager here... but only time will tell.

For Everything A Reason! - Top taste in music too.

• Backroom
Enjoyed this on the Rovers Supporters' Facebook page (courtesy of 'Grant Orr'):

"Ok, Bowyer you're pissing me off now. First you say Rhodes isn't being sold, then you bring 3 people in before the transfer window even opens as opposed to breaking the fax machine with 10mins of the window left. You've got a proven youth team coach in for the academy (yes we know it was you!). You're signing up Dunn to a new contract. Within weeks of you're appointment the TeamGB effect has already managed to get one leech sacked from the club. You come across as a balanced, honest, reliable bloke. An the cream on the pudding, you're NOT bald!

Stop being such a good thing its pissing everyone off not having a scapegoat to hurl abuse at!!! Where's Keith Andrews when you need him!"

I hope I don't put bad Mojo on Gary but even before that interview I had a good gut feel about him. I think he is going to be a revelation. Now file that with all my other very very wrong managerial predictions. I hope not. I did get Appleton right though. Thought from the start he was a tosser, way off the mark with Berg, thought he'd be great. So make of my gut feelings what you will.

Archived