BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 big announcements made this morning by Rob Key. 

Firstly, the test squad for the first test of the summer

Very disappointed that Josh Bohannon and Matt Parkinson aren't in the test squad

Second announcement we have a new white ball coach

Crawley and Pope. dear oh dear. They've both got significant technical faults that have already been exposed at the best Test level. Neither are good enough

Broad and Anderson should be thanked for their efforts and retired at Test level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Crawley and Pope. dear oh dear. They've both got significant technical faults that have already been exposed at the best Test level. Neither are good enough

Broad and Anderson should be thanked for their efforts and retired at Test level. 

Who else is there Jim ? Didn’t that fast bowler at Lancs break down the other day ? What is the problem with our fast bowlers ? They all appear to be crocks.

I think its a good squad overall and one I want to see under our new Captain Ben Stokes and new red ball coach Brendan McCullum. 

Looks like Ollie Pope will bat 3 and Harry Brook will; bat 5 whilst as Ben Stokes confirmed last week he will bat 6 and Joe Root at 4. Zak Crawley I expect will be appoint Vice Captain he is someone I think will score alot of runs this summer for us. 

Its seems a choice between Jonny Bairstow and Ben Foakes for the wicket keeper position. 

Disappointed that Josh Bohannon hasn't been selected by England. 

Not seen Mathew Potts play so can't comment on his ability. 

Nothing need to be said on James Anderson and Stuart Board cos they are still our best 2 bowlers and Ben Stokes wants them in the test squad. 

7 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Crawley is simply not a test opener. I would have preferred his Kent teammate, Ben Compton, in the side. He seems to at least grasp that an opener's job is to stick around for a while and see off the first new ball. 

Well former Aussie Captain Ricky Pointing rates him. I think he will become a good player for England. 

If you didn't want him then I would bring Sussex's captain and opener Tom Haines 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well former Aussie Captain Ricky Pointing rates him. . 

😄😄

Of course he does. He's descended from old lags, he wants to see England lose. Every time

The HMP XI bowlers love Crawley in the team. He's a walking wicket

Never trust an Australian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a poor squad, and as for the first eleven; Crawley is not an opener, Pope has never played number three at any level. So standard 30/3 incoming.

New management, same mistakes.

Playing a player somewhere they haven't played before,did Mowbray sneak into the selection meeting.

Lancashire are playing at Southport & Birkdale in July, which is not far from me and one I'll be going too.

On the fast bowler injuries, it looks like Jofra Archer has also been ruled out for the season, with a stress fracture to the lower back. That's 8 fast bowlers injured! That can't just be bad luck.

7 hours ago, ChrisyG said:

Lancashire are playing at Southport & Birkdale in July, which is not far from me and one I'll be going too.

On the fast bowler injuries, it looks like Jofra Archer has also been ruled out for the season, with a stress fracture to the lower back. That's 8 fast bowlers injured! That can't just be bad luck.

Coronavirus to blame according to my paper. It lead to inaction, which led to a loss of bone density. I’m not having it myself. Why only English fast bowlers ?

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Coronavirus to blame according to my paper. It lead to inaction, which led to a loss of bone density. I’m not having it myself. Why only English fast bowlers ?

I'm not sure I buy that either unless they all completely stopped bowling and working on their core fitness, which we would be disappointing if true.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’d think they’d still be bowling in the nets I suppose.

Yes, you'd have thought so.

I was a bowler (not a very good one!). Towards the end of my playing days, I had back problems and had to work hard on my core strength, doing planks and that kind of stuff to help support my back. Also, lots of stretching every day, mainly hamstrings. I'd bowl on my own in the nets for an hour 3 times a week as well as training nets. All that was just so I could bowl a few overs at the weekend!

If they haven't been looking after themselves properly during lockdown, that's a poor do if you ask me.