BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

17 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Stokes to return to one day cricket (according to the BBC)

I’m not sure that’s wise given the state of his knee.

I thought the idea was, with a break in test cricket, he gets his knee fixed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Stokes selected at Brook’s expense - I think that’s a crazy decision.

Brooks should be in the squad and I don't care at whose expense.

Roy and Livingstone... FFFFFF

Gus Atkinson, ok he plays for Surrey that explains everything.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

On 10/08/2023 at 11:20, 47er said:

Always used to think of Manchester as the capitol of Lancashire but Preston seems to be taking over now after local government organisation. Maybe this is part of it?

It's mainly to give them control over an out ground when Old Trafford isn't available (usually due to a concert rather than a Test!). 

There isn't currently one in central Lancashire - they go to Southport, Liverpool, Blackpool and (snigger) Cumbria... but I think they've already fallen out with Liverpool?

On 25/08/2023 at 13:04, Exiled_Rover said:

Another no-show when it matters from Lancashire.

They've already started the clear-out with Lamb, Jones, Vilas and Parkinson all leaving. 

Time for Chilton and Chapple to follow suit - it's simply not good enough.

who do you replace Chilton and Chapple with? 

I have spent the weekend trying to sell the idea of a trip to Dharamsala for the final test in India next March, is there a better venue in world cricket

At the foot of the Himalayas? 

Visit-Himachal-Pradesh-Cricket-Stadium.jpg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

Captain fantastic was a no show again. It’s to be hoped he’s doing wonders when pimps himself out to crisp packet franchises. Can’t recall anything equating to a motm performance for Lancashire or England. I think he’s living on past glories at this point. He’s the most overrated player ever, purely based on a purple patch of about 2 months getting on to 4 years ago.

To think he’s got a place in the World Cup squad and brook hasn’t. Chipping balls up to fielders and iffy spin 

• Like 2

On 02/09/2023 at 18:30, Gav said:

Didn't care for him much during his career, arrogant Aussie beach bum, but once he'd retired that was a different matter.

Great cricketer, great man and sadly missed. 

Spot on, and one of the best cricket commentators and I've listened to a lot over the years.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

One thing I didn’t realise until today is in Lancashires relentless pursuit of building the most ugly ground in the world which is probably up there with the least functional in the world. (Aside from the foo fighters needs). We’re in £30 million debt. The most debt of any cricket club even more than the maligned slime lickers.

• 2 weeks later...

On 28/09/2023 at 21:39, martonrover said:

Glen Chapple quits as Lancs Head Coach.

Time for an ambitious, outside appointment to shake things up.

Alas, more likely to be one of Vilas, Croft or Onions, ie a continuation of jobs for the boys.

He’s been involved at Lancs throughout my entire memory of cricket. Legend as a player fairly ordinary as a coach. Few good young uns coming through so defo needs fresh idea’s especially with all the dressing room is toxic rumours. 

I’d love Lancs to go and get someone with experience elsewhere like Langer or even Stuart law if they are hell bent on a Lancs connection. Like you say no doubt it’ll be an easy internal appointment  

When the director of cricket says we’ve had “a sustained period of success over the last seven years.” That is very very very worrying indeed and not obvious what success he’s even referring to. Joint 2nd least successful county since the turn of the century. 

• Like 2