BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County vs Blackburn Rovers Sunday 04/08 4pm kick off (Live on Sky)

Tend to agree in so much that he should always start at home, but he should have started adding defensive duties to his game, working back into a five midfield when needed and supporting Rhodes when needed....I presume bowyer would want that in an ideal world. Do we just assume he's still a lazy little sod, or say, go on lad it's a new season, crack on and win us the game.....?

I think the top players manage to combine their talent with selflessness. If Rochina ever managed that I doubt he would be with us for very long.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that you haven't actually seen them all play for us have you? Then again, according to you Titus Bramble is a premier league defender.

"Half the ability of Pedersen" haha. I have half the ability of Pedersen.

Excuse me, do you know anything about me? I saw most of them create **** all against a mid-table League 1 side in Preston 2 weeks ago. Judge ran around like a wind-up toy putting literally 0 passes at our strikers feet. Taylor kicked a lot of passes into the middle of nowhere. Marrow looked ok but if you think he's going to create a single shred of attacking play then you're stupid. Half the ability of Pedersen? Christ, how old are you? If you saw Pedersen play in 2005-06 then you would know none of that midfield have a tenth the ability he has. But I'm gonna assume you're an ignorant child who was about 12 years old during that season.

Excuse me, do you know anything about me? I saw most of them create **** all against a mid-table League 1 side in Preston 2 weeks ago. Judge ran around like a wind-up toy putting literally 0 passes at our strikers feet. Taylor kicked a lot of passes into the middle of nowhere. Marrow looked ok but if you think he's going to create a single shred of attacking play then you're stupid. Half the ability of Pedersen? Christ, how old are you? If you saw Pedersen play in 2005-06 then you would know none of that midfield have a tenth the ability he has. But I'm gonna assume you're an ignorant child who was about 12 years old during that season.

Comparing the Pedersen of 7/8 years ago to now is stupid. In 2005-6, he was great but he's finished now. It's a bit like saying we should have Shearer up front with Rhodes because he was awesome 20 years ago.

In terms of midfield & people being underwhelmed, I just don't get it. Personally I like the squad GB has assembled. Last season's opening game of the season, our starting XI was:

Robinson

Orr, Givet, Hanley, Lowe

Formica, Etuhu, Murphy, Pedersen

Kaz, Nuno

Go on, tell me honestly. Is that better than our likely team on Sunday? No, nay, never.

A little less? In terms of ability Judge, Marrow, Cairney and Taylor is the most depressingly poor midfield I've ever seen Rovers field in 25 years of watching them. Hopefully Bowyer will get more out of them than some of our managers last season managed with better players, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that they're mediocre at best.

Totally disagree on King and Pedersen. Both are more likely to create a goal than any of that midfield. Marrow, Cairney and Taylor are simple grafters and Judge has half the pace of King and half the ability of Pedersen. If thats our midfield then Rochina better have a bloody good game.

I think you are being a little unkind to cairney, would never describe him as a grafter he has ability on the ball, its his grafting or lack that maybe more of an issue. Agree with you about marrow, Taylor put in good performances for Millwall. Judge hard to call as the championship is a step up for him. Evans when fit should be good enough, certainly looked it last year. I have always rated peds and still wonder how he would do as a cm along side Evans. But he's not the player he used to be, he's a confidence player and bowyer might get him playing well. the team can't compare to teams we have a few years ago, but you wouldn't say the hull team last year did either and they went up.

First of all, it was pre-season, so all of that means nothing. Secondly, 2005/06 was soon to be 8 seasons ago. I'm pretty sure that was even before Kevin Doyle was linked to Chelsea. Time goes on, if you think that Pedersen's recent performances, barring a season of keeping it tidy under Allardyce in the middle of the park, were worthwhile then maybe it's you who's an ignorant child.

And yes I'm aware that he helps out the full back, which should be the bare minimum for a winger, and occasionally takes a good set piece, which plenty of our squad could do whilst still contributing from open play in an attacking sense.

http://2wellies.com/?p=426

Interesting, in-depth 'scouting' review of our tactics by a Derby fan, I assume. Some wrong statements on there, but a lot of work has gone into it!

Allot of work went into that but boy is the chap wrong, sounds like a chap with a template and no clue. Marrow over the golden boy lowe, single striker and we drop rhodes (GB just won't do it), no mention of GBs so far preferred 4-2-3-1, Rosado one of our most creative chaps over the likes of Judge etc.. very poor write up from a man who uses wiki to much.

Really tough match to start the season. Pride Park is one of the toughest places you can go in this league.

We've got a very different team to last season - a better one imo - but still lacks a lot of genuine quality in midfield. Gotta hope that Taylor, Judge, cairney, Evans and marrow can come good. These new players we've brought in midfield will determine how we do this season

Like the guys we've brought in from Hull and judge looks decent.

My team would be

Kean

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Lowe Cairney

Judge Rochina Taylor

Rhodes.

Subs:- Eastwood, Morris, Dunn, Marrow, King, Nunes, Best.

don't expect Pedersen or Givet to be on the bench at all. think both will leave before 3rd September.

Rovers to win 3-1 with Rhodes, Hanley and Judge scoring

Comparing the Pedersen of 7/8 years ago to now is stupid. In 2005-6, he was great but he's finished now. It's a bit like saying we should have Shearer up front with Rhodes because he was awesome 20 years ago.

In terms of midfield & people being underwhelmed, I just don't get it. Personally I like the squad GB has assembled. Last season's opening game of the season, our starting XI was:

Robinson

Orr, Givet, Hanley, Lowe

Formica, Etuhu, Murphy, Pedersen

Kaz, Nuno

Go on, tell me honestly. Is that better than our likely team on Sunday? No, nay, never.

Shearer would still score goals in this league now even at 42.

Hope we've sold a few for this considering it's the first match of the season.

Easy to get to from Leeds and I have a rare weekend off so I'll be there.

Anybody know where the majority will be drinking pre-match? It seems the Brunswick inn is an option.

My team would be

Kean

Lowe Cairney

Judge Rochina Taylor

Rhodes.

don't expect Pedersen or Givet to be on the bench at all. think both will leave before 3rd September.

That seems a bit attacking for an away game. Think we will play 4 2 3 1 but can see marrow playing alongside Lowe. Not convinced rochina will start. Cairney, judge and Taylor will probably be the 3 supporting Rhodes.

With everyone fit and with a winger likely to be added before the end of the window, I'd say our first choice 11 will be:

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Henley

Lowe Evans

Judge Cairney New Winger

Rhodes

My team would be

Kean

Lowe Cairney

Judge Rochina Taylor

Rhodes.

Can handle MGP and Givet being replaced by better players but they aint are they.

Think I might invest a few quid on a good win from our lads. 1-3 is my prediction. Our new boys will be wanting to stake a claim to a permanent place in the team.

The odds for Rovers are crazy tomorrow. Rovers over 3-1 to win!! I'd make Derby favourites as they're the home side but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Rovers won. Even a bet on a rovers win/draw will give you odds of around evens.

We played at pride park twice last season and won comfortably on one occasion and were very unlucky not to win the other. We have arguably improved since then and Derby are about the same.

Kean
Judge, Lowe, Cairney, Marrow, Taylor
Rhodes
...is how I imagine tomorrow's line-up.

I really hope not. That midfield looks incredibly defensive, I really hope Cairney isn't used as a number 10 as we have players like Campbell, Best, King, Rochina and Dunn who are competing for a role with Rhodes; Cairney wouldn't give us that extra body in attack. Also them 2 wingers aren't very fast, and them 5 midfielders don't offer much more than hard work.

Lowe and Marrow are too similar, we should only use one of them if any.

What a bloody awful collection of players we have. It must be really difficult to assemble such a shower of Kean and at the same time be paying out a small fortune in wages.The result of three years of absolutely shambolic direction by the owners and management. I wouldn't cross the street to watch 95% of them. I take my hat off to anyone going to Derby tomorrow. I'm in rural Espana at the moment so there's not much point looking for a bar that will have the game on.

I really hope not. That midfield looks incredibly defensive, I really hope Cairney isn't used as a number 10 as we have players like Campbell, Best, King, Rochina and Dunn who are competing for a role with Rhodes; Cairney wouldn't give us that extra body in attack. Also them 2 wingers aren't very fast, and them 5 midfielders don't offer much more than hard work.

Lowe and Marrow are too similar, we should only use one of them if any.

the Goalkeeper and the back 4 pick itself tbh. Kean, Kane, Dann, Hanley and Spurr. Main Striker Rhodes will defo start aswell

Lowe will start tomorrow. It will be between Cairney and Marrow for the defensive midfielder place next to Lowe.

Judge and Taylor will start in my view. so the last place will be between King, Best and Rochina. it will depend whether we go 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 formation wise and whether Bowyer wants another striker next to Rhodes, or pace wide or Someone with skill in number 10 role.

I would go for Rochina to start and allow him to play just behind Rhodes. bring King on with 20 minutes and allow him to use his pace to attacking defenders

the Goalkeeper and the back 4 pick itself tbh. Kean, Kane, Dann, Hanley and Spurr. Main Striker Rhodes will defo start aswell

Lowe will start tomorrow. It will be between Cairney and Marrow for the defensive midfielder place next to Lowe.

Judge and Taylor will start in my view. so the last place will be between King, Best and Rochina. it will depend whether we go 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 formation wise and whether Bowyer wants another striker next to Rhodes, or pace wide or Someone with skill in number 10 role.

I would go for Rochina to start and allow him to play just behind Rhodes. bring King on with 20 minutes and allow him to use his pace to attacking defenders

Why on earth for crying out loud should Jason Lowe start a game for the first team of Blackburn Rovers when he hasnt earnt that priviledge.

Archived