BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County vs Blackburn Rovers Sunday 04/08 4pm kick off (Live on Sky)

All im hoping for today really is a good battling performance whatever the result because a bad effort and the meltdown on here and twitter will be spectacular. Of course Jason Lowe will get it in the neck either way lol

Hope Bowyer wants more than that Tomphil.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Bowyer wants more than that Tomphil.

Obviously i want the win but just can't see it somehow so failing that i'd take the draw but if we do lose then go down fighting. Going off the pre season games i really do think he'll attempt to shut up shop in the first half :( and we always concede when that happens.

Obviously i want the win but just can't see it somehow so failing that i'd take the draw but if we do lose then go down fighting. Going off the pre season games i really do think he'll attempt to shut up shop in the first half :( and we always concede when that happens.

Yes, Bowyer has to be positive. Battle for possession in the middle of the park and attack Derby. We're not good enough to do anything else.

Such as?

Win?

It's a professional sport where winning is everything.

If you look at desirable attributes for a centre mid and whether Lowe possesses them:

Pace no

Passing short or long no

Tackler no

Box to box player no

Good engine not particularly

Goal scorer no

Sets up goals no

Good in the air no

Leader no

Whilst I'd also say he doesn't do a lot wrong I can't actually tell you what he does particularly well. He basically just fills a shirt to no purpose.

He's no world beater but to say he does not have a good engine is just wrong.

Yes, Bowyer has to be positive. Battle for possession in the middle of the park and attack Derby. We're not good enough to do anything else.

Win?

It's a professional sport where winning is everything.

Genuinely thought that our manager wanting a win was a given (ok fair enough after the last two years i understand the scepticism) :unsure:

Sorry if i "jumped" on you :tu:

As long as we've got no one in midfield who can do one or more of these - carry the ball forward from central midfield, open up the opposition defence with a penetrating pass, get beyond our strikers and score goals, get down the flanks of our opponents back four - we'll always struggle to create chances and therefore score goals.

GB just doesn't strike me as an attacking kind of manager, or maybe he feels we are not equipped to do that at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start the same as the Everton game, I think we will try to keep it tight, keep the ball in front of us and counter with King's pace. I don't really want us to play like that but having been at the Rochdale and Everton games it seems like the way it will go.

Personally I'd stick Rochina in, one of the first names on my team sheet. If Dunn were fit I'd have him in too, but I guess he will be lucky to be on the bench today. Not sure if Gb will want to put Crainey in immediately given that it is an away game, I'm not that familiar with him myself, can he hold his own in a championship middle two?

I'd go for

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Taylor Lowe Crainey Judge

Rhodes Rochina

I think the fact that Judge Taylor and Lowe are all hard workers will make up for being reasonably attacking in Crainey and Rochina. I'd have Rochina pretty much along side Rhodes with license to drop deep, I really think we need his spark to get something out of this game and season.

As long as we've got no one in midfield who can do one or more of these - carry the ball forward from central midfield, open up the opposition defence with a penetrating pass, get beyond our strikers and score goals, get down the flanks of our opponents back four - we'll always struggle to create chances and therefore score goals.

That's why we need Dunn or Rochina, absolutely key for me

Only Rochina with all his flaws.

I don't recall us ever having anyone like that in recent years though to be fair. That kind of player would be at a top Prem club not a floundering Championship one anyway.

Looking forward to the new season as always, but really don't know what to expect this time round, could be first, 24 th, or anything inbetween.

Hope we don 't go out today ultra defensive trying to nick a point, we have to go to places with a decent amount of ambition, trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck and secure the three points.

For me Rhodes has to start every week Rochina has to start every week and Lowe and Marrow can 't be paired together in central midfield. Assuming those default conditions I think we're good to make a decent fist of it this season. Play the wrong formation and we could look very pedestrian indeed.

I'll be gobsmacked if he starts Rochina, just can't see it. I'd like to see some real pride today and to go for the win, which to me would be not starting Lowe and Marrow together.

The team I expect and the team I'd like are a bit different. I think GB will play to nick the points, so i expect Marrow and Lowe to start and no Rochina. I would definitely like a winning start even though the performance will be very important.

Which TV channel is this on please?

On Sky Sports 1 at 3.30pm with 4pm kick off.

Watch it on Sky if you have it or if not watch it in the pub and have some food at the same time.

Sky Coverage of the Football league has been excellent and will be live on there for next 4 years

I don't recall us ever having anyone like that in recent years though to be fair. That kind of player would be at a top Prem club not a floundering Championship one anyway.

The players don't have to be capable of all four key skills, just one or two would do me.

An inform Dunny could carry the ball forward and get up with and beyond the strikers in the recent past. The fact that we've spent millions and millions and millions on the ranks of the journeymen spear carriers we've signed over the last few years explains why we're a floundering Championship One club now.

The players don't have to be capable of all four key skills, just one or two would do me.

An inform Dunny could carry the ball forward and get up with and beyond the strikers in the recent past. The fact that we've spent millions and millions and millions on the ranks of the journeymen spear carriers we've signed over the last few years explains why we're a floundering Championship One club now.

Aye but that's where we are at and we know all those responsible. Just got to do the best we can with what we've got now because after this season it's likely to get worse. Some of these mediocre signings are our future now so we've got to back them, and pray of course.

Archived