BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County vs Blackburn Rovers Sunday 04/08 4pm kick off (Live on Sky)

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont see what fans problem is with Lowe. he is good midfielder. Played under every manager at Rovers regulary in the 2 years here. Bowyer rated him aswell. lets see how well he plays this season under Bowyer and with centre midfielders we got this season.

Dont see what fans problem is with Lowe. he is good midfielder. Played under every manager at Rovers regulary in the 2 years here. Bowyer rated him aswell. lets see how well he plays this season under Bowyer and with centre midfielders we got this season.

Might be one of the reasons we've been so poor over the last 2 years.

His distribution is very poor indeed, unfortunately chasing around alot and looking busy will not cure this, managers' are often blinded by

a player's effort and enthusiasm, we need players who can hold on to the ball and pass it, even if it's only 5-10 yards without giving it away.

Sorry Chaddy you're wrong on this one.

• Backroom

You say he's a good midfielder - I say he isn't!

He's a good athlete and a willing runner but offers very little else, hopefully the new boys will fare better

He will start tomorrow though

Might be one of the reasons we've been so poor over the last 2 years.

His distribution is very poor indeed, unfortunately chasing around alot and looking busy will not cure this, managers' are often blinded by

a player's effort and enthusiasm, we need players who can hold on to the ball and pass it, even if it's only 5-10 yards without giving it away.

Sorry Chaddy you're wrong on this one.

I'm not denying anyones right to an opinion but the one player that didn't give the ball away against everton was lowe. At times it went backwards when he was pressured but we maintained possession. My personal impression based on everything i have seen is that he is no better or worse than plenty of other lower premier league / upper championship midielders - his tackling ability is not the best but he seems ok with the ball, has a decent defensive awareness, works hard and can actually pass when options are available (nothing tugayesque but ok). At times he seems overeager to "keep it simple" but then again to be honest he has had @#/?/uninterested players around him and Steve "the @#/?" Kean, Henning "dodgy contract" Berg and Michael "stability" Appleton as his managers...

I'm actually very interested to see how he does now - i think he might surprise a few people this season.

I'm not denying anyones right to an opinion but the one player that didn't give the ball away against everton was lowe. At times it went backwards when he was pressured but we maintained possession. My personal impression based on everything i have seen is that he is no better or worse than plenty of other lower premier league / upper championship midielders - his tackling ability is not the best but he seems ok with the ball, has a decent defensive awareness, works hard and can actually pass when options are available (nothing tugayesque but ok). At times he seems overeager to "keep it simple" but then again to be honest he has had kean/uninterested players around him and Steve "the kean" Kean, Henning "dodgy contract" Berg and Michael "stability" Appleton as his managers...

I'm actually very interested to see how he does now - i think he might surprise a few people this season.

I really hope he does, because the lad has the right attitude at least.

But every time i've seen him in the flesh he's looked poor on the ball and passing it sideways and backwards is the easiest thing

to do on a football pitch and I've noticed he often can't even get that right. I won't even start on his tackling.

At least he has youth on his side.

• Backroom

Well its game day - and I don't feel excited more apprehensive really, this league looks like being exceptionally tough this season and we have a tough start with the first couple of games

Yes, apathy rules at Bryan Manors.

Don't expect a win, a draw would be a solid result, but these days I always anticipate a loss.

What will be interesting to see this season is how many last minute goals we concede. Even if we do win today, I can't get excited as you'd have to call Rovers as a distinctly mid-table side.

Come on Rovers. Will be watching at home and have no idea what the starting 11 will be. Not kept up with the transfers but went on Rovers website and saw that we have signed a few players. Will be interesting!

If you look at desirable attributes for a centre mid and whether Lowe possesses them:

Pace no

Passing short or long no

Tackler no

Box to box player no

Good engine not particularly

Goal scorer no

Sets up goals no

Good in the air no

Leader no

Whilst I'd also say he doesn't do a lot wrong I can't actually tell you what he does particularly well. He basically just fills a shirt to no purpose.

Just watched the whole Everton game via RoversPlayer. Poor to mediocre for the most part but it was amazing to see the impact Rochina had when he came on. We've got to make something out of this lad; he's the only bit of unpredictability we have.

• Backroom

To be fair I would say he has a good engine and doesn't stop running and is rarely injured, if he could be a bit more aggressive with his tackling he could work in a 3

I for one am very much looking forward to this season. We may not be the force we once were but still love Rovers and will back them 100%.

For the first time in a few years, feels like everyone is pulling in the same direction and we have a manager that is popular with the fans.

Think we've made big strides this summer.

Patent applied for: Crapometer v Everton.

Key - Instance of:

O very good play

O decent play

O poor, disappointing play

O terrible play

h pointless hoof upfield

Kean OOOOOO

Kane OOOOOOO

Kilgallon OOOOO

Hanley OOOOOh

Dann OOOOO

Judge OOOOOh

Marrow OOOh

Lowe OOOOh

Taylor OOO

King OOOOO

Rhodes OO

Rochina OOOOOOOh

Morris OO

Rosado OOO

O'Sullivan OO

Best OO

Formica h

E&OE.

No O as I was feeling generous.

5 hours till kickoff - nerves are tingling, drinks are in the fridge, crisp packets are lined up ready and waiting, girlfriend out of the way (a surprise picnic in the park yesterday bought me solitude in front of the tv today) and work warned that telefon will be switched off 1 hour prior to kickoff.

Win lose or draw - if the players put in the effort, are still running at 85 minutes and we make substitutions based on what is actually happening on the pitch then i will be happy.

If the above criteria are met and we are still losing every game in oktober without changing anything - then is the time to question the manager and players.

All together now - "gary bowyers blue n white army"! :rover:

I for one am very much looking forward to this season. We may not be the force we once were but still love Rovers and will back them 100%.

For the first time in a few years, feels like everyone is pulling in the same direction and we have a manager that is popular with the fans.

Think we've made big strides this summer.

All im hoping for today really is a good battling performance whatever the result because a bad effort and the meltdown on here and twitter will be spectacular. Of course Jason Lowe will get it in the neck either way lol

Archived