BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby County vs Blackburn Rovers Sunday 04/08 4pm kick off (Live on Sky)

• Backroom

We will either win or lose, or draw maybe

Some people will moan - I will probably be one of them

0 - 1 Jason Lowe volley from 40 yards

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to buck the general consensus opinion.

I predict a convincing 3-1 win for Rovers and have a sneaky feeling we're going to have a good season.

More importantly so, if we manage to give GB a fair crack of the whip and get behind the team at home, who knows?

It's hard not to be worried when we're going to be lining up with a midfield pairing of Lowe & Marrow barring some miracle and us actually getting a central midfielder with relative pedigree over the line.

Derby will be licking their lips and as a result of this we will be overrun in midfield.

Would love to be proved wrong and to see Bannan or similar lining up on Sunday.

Derby 2 Rovers 0

1-1 with Rhodes scoring sounds about right.

Both teams too scared to lose their first game of the season, so lots of scrapping around in midfield for the majority of the game.

This was tweeted by what claims too be the official Derby County FC police page. @DCFCPolice: #rovers have sold 795 tickets so far for Sundays #FL125 anniversary fixture against the #rams #brfc #dcfcfans

Stupid question (and i risk being ridiculed) but why don't we reinvent (again - think Sam did it last time) Pedersen as a central midfielder until we either 1) sign somebody 2) get one of etuhu/dunn/williamson fit or 3) play 4-3-3 with lowe/marrow deep togther with taylor and judge and then rochina given a free role behind king/best and rhodes?

Prediction - 1-0 to derby

Stupid question (and i risk being ridiculed) but why don't we reinvent (again - think Sam did it last time) Pedersen as a central midfielder until we either 1) sign somebody 2) get one of etuhu/dunn/williamson fit or 3) play 4-3-3 with lowe/marrow deep togther with taylor and judge and then rochina given a free role behind king/best and rhodes?

Prediction - 1-0 to derby

A sensible suggestion given the options in central midfield we have available. How have we managed to get worse in the critical position that needed strengthening this summer??

Archived