BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Away travel advice

I'm planning on travelling up on the 14th from London for the game and I was wondering happens with the coaches. Could anyone let me know what time they leave Ewood and what time they get back as I was hoping to book my train tickets enough in advance that they don't skint me (especially as I've just forked out £100 on a last minute whim to go to Doncaster tomorrow!)

Ideally it would be great if someone who went last year could explain exactly what the deal is with travel etc so I can plan my day around it.

Cheers,

Freddie.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Edinburgh and went last year and it is a nightmare. They leave at about 9.30 or 10.00 am (supposedly) so it's not easy to get there early enough. I certainly can't without ataying overnight. If the game finishes at 2.15 or so you leave at about 3.15 but it takes an hour to drive the 8 or 9 miles back and you get back between 4 and 5 pm. Not even sure I'm going to bother this year despite not missing a Dingles game over the 34 year period.

According to national rail I can get there for 9:09, so hopefully that will be enough time with a cab from the station to the ground. Not too worried about the train back. I'll book an evening one and just have a few pints to celebrate a good result if I need to wait around.

We didn't leave Ewood last season until after 11am, my mates were already in the the morgue and we'd not even set off. It all depends what coach you're on and where its situated in the Darwen end car park, basically its a lottery and is everything thats wrong with this fixture, ruins it for genuine fans.

Not missed a derby game in years at there place, but not going this year, the police have finally won.

dont see that on the email I got ?

It's true, they sent a batch out without BCC them all!! I was a bit confused that the email was from Prav and that another 500 people had been copied in.

I emailed back this morning and they said it was a genuine mistake but still not good.

Why have we only received 3000 tickets? The away end holds just over 4000 doesn't it? Or have they condemned part of the cow shed they call a stand?

They had the bottom corner closed last season.

Why have we only received 3000 tickets? The away end holds just over 4000 doesn't it? Or have they condemned part of the cow shed they call a stand?

IIRC Rovers had to push for extra tickets last season - something to do with the police and timing of getting coaches in, concourse space, etc (don't shoot the messenger) and in any case given all the fully justifiable moaning and groaning, we wouldn't shift 4000 anyway.

IIRC Rovers had to push for extra tickets last season - something to do with the police and timing of getting coaches in, concourse space, etc (don't shoot the messenger) and in any case given all the fully justifiable moaning and groaning, we wouldn't shift 4000 anyway.

In that case rovers better not give them all the lower tier of the darwen end. Too soft rovers, always have been. Ill be @#/? off if they do.

In that case rovers better not give them all the lower tier of the darwen end. Too soft rovers, always have been. Ill be keaned off if they do.

This is purely my personal point of view, I think they'll get the whole of the top tier with 1,500/2,000 in the lower tier but boxed into the middle to avoid trouble with the Riverside like last season.

Also I'm pretty sure they made a killing off them last season between tickets sold plus the legends lounge...

Thought as much, police calling the shots, was told PNE have been given same amount for cup, with option for more if required.

£15 a ticket also not £32, and no compulsory transport.

We didn't leave Ewood last season until after 11am, my mates were already in the the morgue and we'd not even set off. It all depends what coach you're on and where its situated in the Darwen end car park, basically its a lottery and is everything thats wrong with this fixture, ruins it for genuine fans.

Not missed a derby game in years at there place, but not going this year, the police have finally won.

Gutted to be missing this, but like you I feel that the law has won. Spending more time on a coach than in the ground isn't my idea of a day out.

Thought as much, police calling the shots, was told PNE have been given same amount for cup, with option for more if required.

That proves that our match is a @#/? take by the Plod. They've had it as a bubble match for over 10yrs now so they;re desperate to hold on to it that way as it's an easy day and probably an earner. PNE & Burnley have a bit of history off the pitch, as many dickheads follow knobbers as do us and it's highly likely to go off.

That proves that our match is a kean take by the Plod. They've had it as a bubble match for over 10yrs now so they;re desperate to hold on to it that way as it's an easy day and probably an earner. PNE & Burnley have a bit of history off the pitch, as many dickheads follow knobbers as do us and it's highly likely to go off.

Loved the PNE derbies over the last decade or so. No stupid travel restrictions, lots of banter and, surprisingly for derby games, normally pretty enthralling games

Live on Sky, £32 / ticket, difficult travel arrangements - think we will do well to sell anywhere near our 3,000 allocation.

Police doing right thing in aiming to keep the lid on this.

..... They've had it as a bubble match for over 10yrs now so they;re desperate to hold on to it that way as it's an easy day and probably an earner.

The only way this game is ever going to be 'down-graded' from a 'bubble' match is for the Dingles to 'take the sting out' of the fixture by beating us a couple of times. Until, in their eyes, that 'boil is lanced' their understandable bitterness and frustration will mean we will continue to be bussed in and out. .... Here's hoping I am never allowed the opportunity to drive there!

That proves that our match is a kean take by the Plod. They've had it as a bubble match for over 10yrs now so they;re desperate to hold on to it that way as it's an easy day and probably an earner. PNE & Burnley have a bit of history off the pitch, as many dickheads follow knobbers as do us and it's highly likely to go off.

Did nobbers n lashers kick off ? I was away and heard it had ?

Won't be going as I'm not prepared to be bussed in and out.

This is the one game in a season I wouldn't miss for love nor money. I'd still go if I we had to meet at lands end first.

The only way this game is ever going to be 'down-graded' from a 'bubble' match is for the Dingles to 'take the sting out' of the fixture by beating us a couple of times. Until, in their eyes, that 'boil is lanced' their understandable bitterness and frustration will mean we will continue to be bussed in and out. .... Here's hoping I am never allowed the opportunity to drive there!

That's the most sense you have ever posted.

Archived