BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum meeting, plus new website

AndyNeil

I'd love it if this were true. If they get rid of those posts then I've got one of the best seats in the ground! :rover:

You'd think they'd be 1000's of "supporters" queuing up for a seat behind one of those posts, with a bit of careful positioning you could avoid Chris Brown sat on the bench. Then again I'm sure there's a million other excuses not to go. I'm not sure how some supporters expect anything better than Brown when they don't even go and we have gates of 12k. Perhaps the next Alan Shearer? Hopefully someone will come along with loads of free money and make it all better again for them.

It may have started out that way but I've genuinely no clue what's in it for them now. There is either a financial incentive or they are just biding their time.

Or they're that rich that it simply doesn't hurt / matter. Barely worth worrying about for them.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, to show off the 3 main stands.

I got the feeling the person involved is very keen & proud to portray the club in the best light possible. This was just one thing that would aid that.

Ok, cheers.

That's understandable but it still needs people in it, at least it sounds like someone is bothered about these things.

Balaji was the one mainly accused of being a "celebrity chaser" and chasing Ronaldinho/Maradona (I won't deny having suggested Maradona a few months before Venkys took over so I can't criticise him for that) but Desai might have reigned in some of his "big name" ambitions. Either that or he's grown bored and its probably a combination of both. Of course being in the Championship hasn't helped and we haven't had the slightest reasoning (or suggestion of relegation being a delay) for why that Pune Academy was never built. I'm not really sure what the point of their ownership is anymore other than "saving face" or trying to recoup money after promotion by selling. Or both. If they were truly sorry they would have come to Ewood and outright said it. Though even then people wouldn't believe them and that's their fault. Even when they invited fans to India many warned that it was a waste of time. I had swallowed my pride by that point and stopped defending them.

Those posts in the Riverside didn't bother me they are only slightly obstructive. If they don't bother me they probably don't bother most people! The tickets aren't classed as "restrictive view" for the vast majority and they shouldn't be.

• 2 weeks later...

This nearly happened very recently.

The plan was put into place but was pulled at the last minute due to costs.

So the gantry will remain in the JW Stand for the foreseeable future.

Quite right too. We should be proud of the Riverside. It's the only stand that actually feels like a football building rather than the cramped soulless new stands that were made for hobbits and allow all the noise to filter up and away in the direction of the international space station.

The Riverside is part of our proud history, abject present and unsure future and should be revered not vilified

http://www.rovers.co.uk/documents/14th-march-2016195-3045348.pdf

Minutes include Nike's departure (no reveal on new supplier), pathetic capitulation to the police, SteB complaining about goal music and more fears about the Riverside imminently collapsing. :rolleyes:

Gordon Ormerod...that Thenodrog is it? Can't ever recall Lancashire United mentions in the fans forum minutes though. ;)

Still making pre-season plans. Thought club would be used to talking this over with Accrington by now? Already suggested my ideas which had no response from club.

Remember date 14th March...so Myers not being present (at that meeting) and Lambert being asked to attend the forum in July seem completely irrelevant now.

Can someone from the FF give more details on what was discussed re ST pricing?

"MC reported that the club was hoping to get season tickets to market earlier than last season. He canvassed opinion from the forum as to pricing etc.

There was general agreement that prices should not increase dramatically but on the other hand the club should be careful not to devalue the product."

Did the fans agree that we should be increasing prices, even slightly, and what was the talk around devaluation?

Also, regarding the early kick-offs, did anyone point out that the police advice is inconsistent to Middlesbrough, West Ham, Liverpool last season, and 20 years in the PL? Can we have clarification on whether other local clubs are advised of this too, is it just advice or direction - and if so what jurisdiction the police have over the club, and what would happen if they choose to go ahead anyway?

Clarification is definitely needed re Police.

Next season could see the Darwen End given over to away fans 6 or so times, so all will kick off at 12.30? Get a home game last game of the season and that's another 12.30.

So around a third of home games, plus another 6 or so night games that are inconvenient for a lot of fans.

Our ground capacity has also been reduced (obviously doesn't matter these days, but could do if we ever did get promoted) by the looks of it as any big game sees home areas netted off.

None of this happened for 20 years in the PL, why now? And at what other clubs do the police hold such sway?

Obviously this 'policy' doesn't seem to take effect if the game is live on TV as they kick off when they want, but the club is so subservient to the police they are now willing to let a third of our games kick off at 12.30 just to ensure they can sell an extra 1000 or so tickets to away fans.

The club blame the police and the police blame the club. It's a cushy little number whilst they all shrug their shoulders at the fans. As said most of our attending crowd is ST holders so they've already paid so the fuzz don't give a chuff if they turn up or not. Neither do the club it seems as it's ok because they think they'll get one end full at £27 to £35 so sod the home fans.

This kind of thing above most others is why it makes it pointless for some to buy ST's before you even factor in night games and TV. The football isn't good enough and the clubs relationship with it's fanbase isn't to jerk loyal supporters about anymore than is needed. Look at the fuss of the Leeds game and the resulting half allocation turn out from them in the end,

The club gets more pathetic by the day anyway without going down this road next season to accommodate the big guns who may come down.

Clarification is definitely needed re Police.

Next season could see the Darwen End given over to away fans 6 or so times, so all will kick off at 12.30? Get a home game last game of the season and that's another 12.30.

So around a third of home games, plus another 6 or so night games that are inconvenient for a lot of fans.

Our ground capacity has also been reduced (obviously doesn't matter these days, but could do if we ever did get promoted) by the looks of it as any big game sees home areas netted off.

None of this happened for 20 years in the PL, why now? And at what other clubs do the police hold such sway?

Obviously this 'policy' doesn't seem to take effect if the game is live on TV as they kick off when they want, but the club is so subservient to the police they are now willing to let a third of our games kick off at 12.30 just to ensure they can sell an extra 1000 or so tickets to away fans.

A very good point. Next season could yet see Preston, Burnley, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa and even Sheffield Wednesday being allocated most or all of the Darwen End. Depending on their various fortunes over the season all those teams would be capable of shifting 6,000+ away tickets. The club appears to have decided that it is more important to sell as many away tickets as possible, even to the detriment of the home crowd/kick off time.

If the club is accepting that the price to pay for a large away following is a 12:30 kick off then they need to send a letter out with season ticket renewal packs to warn people of the possible changes to kick off times. Along with Tuesday night fixtures and the odd few moved for FA Cup progression or TV then we could easily reach a stage where more than half our home games are not kicking off on a Saturday at 3pm.

I don't think it is fair or acceptable to sell season tickets to people without first warning them of this. I know people who would be more reluctant to buy a season ticket if they knew in advance the sheer number of games likely to be moved.

The club has a choice to make. It could take the police to task and refuse to accept these nonsensical measures. Question them as to what basis they are requesting kick off times to be moved given a lack of difficulties in previous years with large away followings.

Alternatively the club could just take the usual easy route and accept these measures, in which case they will continue to disrespect and upset more long term season ticket holders. Either way, they can't go in to next season knowing what is likely to happen without warning fans first.

The club blame the police and the police blame the club. It's a cushy little number whilst they all shrug their shoulders at the fans. As said most of our attending crowd is ST holders so they've already paid so the fuzz don't give a chuff if they turn up or not. Neither do the club it seems as it's ok because they think they'll get one end full at £27 to £35 so sod the home fans.

This kind of thing above most others is why it makes it pointless for some to buy ST's before you even factor in night games and TV. The football isn't good enough and the clubs relationship with it's fanbase isn't to jerk loyal supporters about anymore than is needed. Look at the fuss of the Leeds game and the resulting half allocation turn out from them in the end,

The club gets more pathetic by the day anyway without going down this road next season to accommodate the big guns who may come down.

I think its symptomatic of the dumbing down process that has occurred at the club. Less qualified people right across the club than in the Premier League days. There's no way on this earth that this would have happened with John Williams, Tom Finn and John Newsham running the show. And there's no way on earth if it was United, City, Liverpool and Arsenal turning up rather than Preston, Leeds and Middlesbrough that this would happen.

Now we've got people who won't stand up for the club and its supporters, won't hold the police to account and refuse to go along with it. People who couldn't care less about the wishes and feelings of long term season ticket holders and who shrug their shoulders when concerns are raised rather than do something about it.

The whole club is an embarrassment from top to bottom. Just look around Ewood Park. The place is poorly maintained. Flaking paintwork, mould growing on the Blackburn End panels, the worst pitch condition I have seen since the ground was rebuilt (in fairness due to a lack of investment/shocking weather rather than the groundsman's performance), leaking roofs.

It's just pass the buck like contacting everything else out because there is no one to run the show properly like you say. Let someone else have the hassle and the club just sign the cheques.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them hand it all over to Wigan as well if they come up, granted they might only bring 3k but that doesn't seem to matter.

• 1 month later...

Have No minutes released from the latest meeting yet?

Or are the club still trying to find a secretary free with a bit of spare time to edit the bit about 'consultation' out of the minutes?

Interesting point:

JW asked what MC could tell the forum about the proposed financial bid from Seneca. MC replied he could not as any bid has not come to him and he knew no more than what had been published in the media.

So someone is telling lies. Seneca said they had held discussions with Cheston and Pasha about the bid, Cheston claims he knows nothing other than the media stories.

Which one is lying to the fans?

Interesting point:

JW asked what MC could tell the forum about the proposed financial bid from Seneca. MC replied he could not as any bid has not come to him and he knew no more than what had been published in the media.

So someone is telling lies. Seneca said they had held discussions with Cheston and Pasha about the bid, Cheston claims he knows nothing other than the media stories.

Which one is lying to the fans?

He wasn't telling lies. There was no bid, discussions didn't get that far. It was a poorly worded question.

He wasn't telling lies. There was no bid, discussions didn't get that far. It was a poorly worded question.

Maybe it was a poorly worded question, but nonetheless Cheston's semantics are still an affront to every Rovers fan.

Archived