BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum meeting, plus new website

AndyNeil

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned that the fans were having a fundraiser, however due to the time between meetings (due to one reason or another) I approached the club separately as the plans needed to be in place from our point of view asap. I am still waiting for info from the club re their plans for the Huddersfield game when the flags are due to ge introduced.

I'd like the FF to raise the issue of the current arrangements for wheelchair bound users at Ewood. Presently they are on the concrete in front of the Walkersteel Stand, where their viewing position is pitch-level (at best), they have no roof, so get soaked when it rains (or worse), and are not even behind any barriers to give them protection from the cold.

It's about time the club looked at better arrangements for these fans. Most modern stadiums now have dedicated areas halfway up the stand so these fans have a decent view, and are more part of the atmosphere.

Given our stadium is rarely full, surely the club could look again at what could be done, even if it's sacrificing a few seats in the process.

Did anyone raise this?

Did anyone raise this?

Sorry ... only just seen this. No it wasn't an agenda item this time round but I can make sure it's discussed at the next meeting.

Where can the latest minutes be found? There are none posted on the official Rovers site since November.

Before this weeks meeting the last one was in November! The current set of minutes have been sent to the club so should be up shortly.

Did anyone raise this?

I have raised this previously. The club have a facility in the Darwen End stand (this may be incorrect and it may be in another) that if the weather is inclement then some wheelchair users can access this indoor viewing area, essentially an unused corporate area.

For me we need to condense the supporters, our ground is too big and we are too sparse. Good quality covers rather than cheap netting needed though. Reduce the capacity for most games. Upper tiers of BBE and DE are obvious areas for this start purely due to numbers using them.

I have raised this previously. The club have a facility in the Darwen End stand (this may be incorrect and it may be in another) that if the weather is inclement then some wheelchair users can access this indoor viewing area, essentially an unused corporate area.

Thanks, are you aware if the club is still doing this, or whom people should contact if they wanted to use that facility?

For me we need to condense the supporters, our ground is too big and we are too sparse. Good quality covers rather than cheap netting needed though. Reduce the capacity for most games. Upper tiers of BBE and DE are obvious areas for this start purely due to numbers using them.

Id be in favour of an unreserved 'singing' section of seating in the BBE, but I think it obviously should try and be away from moving existing ST holders if possible.

Away from that, Id look to cover the outside blocks of the Riverside, JW upper and lower sections, and Darwen End, and possibly the top 10-15 rows of the JW Upper to try and condense the fans into smaller areas, but I don't know how many ST holders that may affect. It may in particular affect those in the JW Upper wings towards the BBE, but maybe the club could look at moving the divided line between the areas more centrally?

Id be in favour of an unreserved 'singing' section of seating in the BBE, but I think it obviously should try and be away from moving existing ST holders if possible.

Away from that, Id look to cover the outside blocks of the Riverside, JW upper and lower sections, and Darwen End, and possibly the top 10-15 rows of the JW Upper to try and condense the fans into smaller areas, but I don't know how many ST holders that may affect. It may in particular affect those in the JW Upper wings towards the BBE, but maybe the club could look at moving the divided line between the areas more centrally?

Not sure how you can create any singing sections without displacing season ticket holders.

But saying that if it was unreserved seating those people who currently sit in there still could - they'd just be expected to join in with the singing.

Not sure squeezing the JW folks any closer together would generate more atmosphere.

To be honest what would probably improve the atmosphere most would be some better songs - with less swearing and more about "loving Rovers" than "hating Bumley". I'd wager there are a lot of people who don't sing simply because of the nature of the songs - especially those who bring their kids with them.

Although I think we've brought at least two other threads into this one.

We have unreserved seating in the Darwen End!

Good idea about condensing the crowd... the problem is this will also involve having to displace supporters.

It's possible that the Family area will be re-located to allow young fans to interact more with the players pitch side, so unless there is a great opposition to this, then that would be a start. Could also close off the small end block of the unreserved Darwen End next to the big screen.

• Backroom

Has moving the family stand been discussed as an option?

Hopefully it would move to the jack Walker if anywhere but riverside would probably be more likely.

We have unreserved seating in the Darwen End!

Good idea about condensing the crowd... the problem is this will also involve having to displace supporters.

It's possible that the Family area will be re-located to allow young fans to interact more with the players pitch side, so unless there is a great opposition to this, then that would be a start. Could also close off the small end block of the unreserved Darwen End next to the big screen.

what would the point of closing S01? You could close every end block to condense supporters

Not the main S01 block, the little one at the end?

Has moving the family stand been discussed as an option?

Hopefully it would move to the jack Walker if anywhere but riverside would probably be more likely.

Yes - but not 'set in stone'

Most likely place would be a section of the JW Lower

• Backroom

That would be an interesting move, can understand the logic in it and I would probably move if the little one wants to keep coming.

Rather JW than Riverside if it gives the nippers somewhere to retreat to at half time!

Apparently they have done some research & compared other clubs with family sections. We are one of the only clubs to have it up in the God's.

At pitch side the kids can interact with the players (ie autographs, pics pre-match), the mascot etc.

Seems a good idea on the face of it, but as I pointed out it needs to be done in consultation with the fans affected.

Apparently they have done some research & compared other clubs with family sections. We are one of the only clubs to have it up in the God's.

At pitch side the kids can interact with the players (ie autographs, pics pre-match), the mascot etc.

Seems a good idea on the face of it, but as I pointed out it needs to be done in consultation with the fans affected.

You keep saying this but there isn't any interaction at pitch side now. There are plenty of kids who line the sides of the Riverside but as soon as they have finished their warm up they are straight down the tunnel. The players need to interact. Having all of the kids in the JW lower, close enough the front to 'intereact', will just mean a poor view of the game.

Not sure if anything been on here,but heard TV gantry is going on riverside stand,anyone heard anything?

So it bloody should do. Unfortunately our ground looks like the frigging Dingle dome on TV. Why this wasn't done years ago i'll never know.

Archived