SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

?

You just said the modern day fan was too soft to get on the pitch and riot, then said at the Wigan game you made way for people to get on the pitch, and members from here did just that.

Shebby's Singh eh?"..................

Don't know about anyone else, but I sense a lot of complacency - or is it despair - on this MB. Only our second season out of the PL, just two wins from our first 8 games and many seem prepared to accept this. Maybe the owners have decided already that they aren't prepared to accept mediocrity. Maybe they realise that if we're going to get back into the PL then it has to be soon? Maybe they aren't prepared to see tens of millions of their money drowning in a pit of averageness.

Just a thought.

• Moderation Lead

Riot ? Er batons to the head stopped me... Gave em kean when they came .. what have you done ??

Pray tell dude

Ph k hod starts gobbling and it is to late haha been on it since 1 .. Just getting going

Baton to the head, now that explains a lot. I start gobbing? People in glass houses captain 'I'm not posting any more' ha.

Don't know about anyone else, but I sense a lot of complacency - or is it despair - on this MB. Only our second season out of the PL, just two wins from our first 8 games and many seem prepared to accept this. Maybe the owners have decided already that they aren't prepared to accept mediocrity. Maybe they realise that if we're going to get back into the PL then it has to be soon? Maybe they aren't prepared to see tens of millions of their money drowning in a pit of averageness.

Just a thought.

What's the alternative, den? Bring in a top manager on big wages and hand him a war chest?

Those days are gone...

• Backroom

Just a thought.

We are what we are. Nobody has to like it, but we do have to accept it. As long as the Indians are in charge any season that doesn't end in relegation is a success.

If they clear off and the club isn't totally ruined when they do, maybe we can dream again. Until then there's nothing to hope for except the mercy of continued existence. :(

Next three games are tough. Interested to see how we get on, Bournemouth away will be no walk in the park at all followed by Watford at home who score goals for fun and Wigan away who have one of the best squads in the league. If we manage to get 5 points from these games I'd be more than happy

Just a thought.

If Bowyer goes and shebby's involved he'll then be running the club and will play a strong role in choosing the next boss. We have more chance of relegation then promotion with him in charge.

Let's find something we can all agree on! We don't agree about Bowyer but most believe he turned it round late last season and deserves more time.

I think most believe we can't make a real promotion challenge with this squad, and that we are struggling with youngsters and freebies because of the weight of carrying and paying off the dross that Kean brought in at the start of last season.

But surely, whatever the issues we face NO-ONE could possibly think that Shebby could be part of any answer?

If he returned I'd be close to total despair, it would prove beynd doubt that nothing has changed, nothing has been learned and that we are at the mercy of lunatics who seem to be determined to destroy this proud old Club. We seem to be reaching the tipping point here if, of course,the story is true.

Modern day fan = too soft to riot

Old days , we sat in nuttall st .we got bit by dogs we got truncheoned we made a stance !!

Modern fan ha no chance

Thats absolutely bang on the money, but we needed a stand when Kean was here, sadly fans these days wouldn’t take the risk, but we've moved on haven't we.

Archived