BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Too little experience in all aspects of management...eventually he will lead us down. Time to get rid.

Yes, let's definitely do the exact thing that left us in so much turmoil last season that we had to be saved by...er, Bowyer!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Where we are now is about where we could expect to be with the team we have

We can't match the better teams in this league, Bowyer should be given time for me

If finances allow I could see us being a steady mid table championship team for a long time to come with maybe the odd flirt with relegation and a rare glimpse up at the play offs

Where we are now is about where we could expect to be with the team we have

We can't match the better teams in this league, Bowyer should be given time for me

If finances allow I could see us being a steady mid table championship team for a long time to come with maybe the odd flirt with relegation and a rare glimpse up at the play offs

I think that is a pretty accurate assessment Tom. We are destined for a long period outside of the top flight with mid table being the best we can hope for with the financial situation at the club. I can quite easily see another period like that between 1966 and 1992 where the club become becalmed in the Championship with odd spells in League One. The present squad look light years away from Premier League standard and whilst they might be young, I really can't see them developing into anything more than an average Championship team at best. Under the circumstance sticking with Gary is the only option as I suspect he will do enough to keep us in this division and that is the best we can hope for.

Too little experience in all aspects of management...eventually he will lead us down. Time to get rid.

What a load of complete and utter BS this is. we have played 9 games FFS!!!

Bowyer was a good sensible appointment this summer. He knew what needed to be changed at the club playing staff wise and who he wanted rid off and who he wanted to keep. Plus he has had to cut the wage bill and still bring in players that he wanted this summer. Bowyer has signed 13 players this summer with 9 of those free transfers, 2 loans and only Marshall and Evans were cash buys. Plus let 10 players left this summer aswell with 7 permanent and the other 3 on loan. This is a massive turnover in players during ONE transfer window. (I have not included our some players like Forrester or O'Connell, etc cos they have gone on loan to play and get experience and playing regularly before coming back to play for us. )

So it will take time for the team to gel and it doesn't happen in a couple of weeks but will come.

Plus Bowyer has also put in place a proper scouting network now aswell that a certain person got rid off.

my aim for the squad and Bowyer was finish around 8th to 12th place with us but we will not be near the relegation places. I hope we can get that last playoff spot come end of the season tho.

Threads like this is why I stopped posting on here.

Absolute garbage.

I understand why you stopped posting on here and its a shame cos your posts are good and talk a lot of sense.

Also Sven-Goran Eriksson is currently working at a Chinese Club and on a 2 million pounds salary. so he aint coming here as Director of Football or as Manager FFS!

Threads like this are supported by people who still think the players we have are better than our league rivals and that a different manager would get them up. Bowyer has made this team far more mobile than last year whilst buying bargain basement kids. Any chance of a quick return got blown by allowing Kean that final throw of the dice last summer.

We are dealing with a club that is owned by simpletons and run by a cluless toadying goblin looking creature. Common sense goes out the window when discussing Bowyers job security. Every day spent outside the top 10 is a day nearer the chop for Bowyer in Venkyworld.

Most times managers are given at least 10 games to prove themselves.

We've had 8 games and we're midtable which is what most of us expected from Rovers this season.

He needs time to truly mould this team into his own and the players need time to gel.

Anyone who wants Bowyer sacked needs to just go and sit themselves in a corner in Burnley because if we lose Bowyer given Venky's track record we'll end up with the ball boy in charge.

I think that Nicko could be right on this one.

I checked with a contact in Pune who is fairly reliable. He couldn't rule out Shebby returning. The clueless owners seem to think that our current squad should be challenging for promotion. IF Bowyer has promised them a promotion challenge in the meetings that he had with them over the summer then he could be in real trouble.

I really really hope that Shebby isn't returning, the circus that he creates is the last thing that we need at the moment.

What a depressing thread.

Bowyer will make mistakes, as would any manager - but he loves the club and he seems to learn. Last year Rhodes was getting no service from our un-creative midfield - Bowyer has changed this with a focus on attacking midfielders behind Rhodes.

I was at the match yesterday and it was frustrating that we couldn't get the breakthrough - I think if we had got one we could have gone on to get a couple. Would I have played Cairney behind Rhodes rather than deeper - probably not, would I have kept Lowe on and taken off Taylor - definitely not. But putting individual decisions aside I can see the logic in what Bowyer does - from starting line-ups to the bits of our game that get him jumping around his technical area in frustration.

We do have a young inexperienced team, and a manager who is inexperienced at first-team level - but he does have experience in getting a group of young players winning football matches. This year anyone who goes to matches can see they are really giving it a go (even Cairney and Kane who are here on loan) and I am proud to have my season ticket and go along to support.

There are a few people on here who seem to have an unhealthy appetite for misery and turmoil. I would imagine crazy talk of sacking Bowyer and Shebby returning rumours will keep them happily miserable. As fans we have been through a lot of turmoil over the past few years and maybe some have got used to the worst happening. But to every fan who can I would suggest they get up Ewood with an open mind and they will see the 100% difference from Kean's overpaid, uninterested mercenaries which made me miserable for so long.

Time to back the team and the manager!

I think that Nicko could be right on this one.

I checked with a contact in Pune who is fairly reliable. He couldn't rule out Shebby returning. The clueless owners seem to think that our current squad should be challenging for promotion. IF Bowyer has promised them a promotion challenge in the meetings that he had with them over the summer then he could be in real trouble.

I really really hope that Shebby isn't returning, the circus that he creates is the last thing that we need at the moment.

To be expected really, the owners have been taking a large financial hit and know a return to the premier league would relieve that financial burden. They are unrealistic though, with the current setup the club is a few years away from making a serious promotion push and that would only happen if pretty much everything went right.

• Backroom

To be expected really, the owners have been taking a large financial hit and know a return to the premier league would relieve that financial burden. They are unrealistic though, with the current setup the club is a few years away from making a serious promotion push and that would only happen if pretty much everything went right.

Unrealistic is a very nice word for them. I have a few others.

Wenkys = kean, end of!!!!!

That is a gross distortion of the truth (and I think you know this).

The facts are that when Venkys bought the club they knew as much about football as Julius Ceasar or Ghengis Khan did, and therefore the only way ahead for them at the time was to put the entire matter of running the club in all it's aspects into the hands of someone who did know all that was relevant. Unfortunately for both them and BRFC (and it's supporters) they chose to use the advice of a football agency rather than turn to the very experienced board of directors and the manager of the club they had just laid out so much money for. The inevitable end result is what we got........the loss of the very good board of directors and the manager, and the appointment of Kean.

Now you may look at what I have just written above and claim that all I have said is agreeing with your original post; but this is not so. If Venkys had made their first action as one of coming over to Blackburn and calling a full board meeting to discuss the way ahead (which any sensible new owner would do) then we would never have got the results we did get, and BRFC would have remained a properly run club and almost certainly would never have been relegated from the PL.

If that incompetent idiot turns up and starts sticking his oar in again then Venkys are even dafter than everyone thinks they are. Have they really not noticed that nobody's laughing at them any more and it's largely because the circus element have all left our club? If it ain'tt broke, then leave well alone and let those who have some idea of what they are doing get on with their jobs. Singh reappears and it's my guess we'll be flirting with relegation before long.

Why would they call on Shebby again when he was as much to blame for last season's fiasco as anyone? Einstein is said to have defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I'd like to think Venky's aren't crazy, no matter how many Balaji boobslips I see, however they are stupid and there's a fine line between the two. Notwithstanding, I think Nicko's stirring the pot again, as he was with all the Rhodes to Wigan/Bolton bunkum. He's had it in for us ever since he lost his sources at the club.

I see the Member that started this thread hasn't even had the balls to stand up and defend his own opinion,

Wuss or Wum?(you decide)

You're always making stupid posts like this. Unless you have something of interest to say why bother ?

With regards to Bowyer unless results deteriorate badly and we look like heading for relegation I don't see the point of changing manager yet again. Results are not wonderful but to turn our fortunes around takes time and the club seems to be a happier place all round with him in charge. Players seem to be fighting for the common cause which has not been the case for some time.

After 3 relegation fights in the past three years Bowyer will have done well to steady the ship and keep us in mid-table this season. Anything better will be a bonus.

That is a gross distortion of the truth (and I think you know this).

The facts are that when Venkys bought the club they knew as much about football as Julius Ceasar or Ghengis Khan did, and therefore the only way ahead for them at the time was to put the entire matter of running the club in all it's aspects into the hands of someone who did know all that was relevant. Unfortunately for both them and BRFC (and it's supporters) they chose to use the advice of a football agency rather than turn to the very experienced board of directors and the manager of the club they had just laid out so much money for. The inevitable end result is what we got........the loss of the very good board of directors and the manager, and the appointment of Kean.

Now you may look at what I have just written above and claim that all I have said is agreeing with your original post; but this is not so. If Venkys had made their first action as one of coming over to Blackburn and calling a full board meeting to discuss the way ahead (which any sensible new owner would do) then we would never have got the results we did get, and BRFC would have remained a properly run club and almost certainly would never have been relegated from the PL.

Some wine had passed my lips prior to the post, but the dark lords are supposed to be savvy business people, and as such took over a well run, mid-table PL team. They had every chance to do as you said, but sadly they were sold a dream by unscrupulous idiots, who had nothing to gain but pots of cash. Nevertheless, had they had an ounce of sense, they could/should have seen the steep decline almost from day one of appointing the one who has same name as our goalie. But yet they failed to act because mrs d liked mrs k.......yes I stick with my original premise!

Archived