BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Oh God, don't say that complete c_nt Shebby might come back. Things were starting to look a bit normal. If that tosser is brought back in, then we can just give up on doing anything other than relegation battlers. Bowyer is not experienced and in such a strong position to tell Shebby where to go.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Moyes may be available before too long. He'd be a great assistant for GB.

As for the rumours of Singh returning, I'm just lost for words.

Hardly surprising given our owners - and judging by this thread a section (probably only small) already questioning Bowyer. To those fans I would say - be careful what you wish for.

Apparently according to Nicko Shebby is coming back to 'trouble shoot.' great :(

NO,NO NO! Please God..No!

That would pee away all the credibility that the team has been slowly winning back for the club. Importantly, it would lose credibility with dye hard fans, let alone anyone else..and have me reaching for my revolver...

The trouble is that Venky's have so little credibility with most of us that we couldn't be confident in their ruling it out!

I see the Member that started this thread hasn't even had the balls to stand up and defend his own opinion,

Wuss or Wum?(you decide)

I have been against bowyers promotion since the appointment. I've seen his lack of game management for years with the youngsters and i see nothing different here. Of the loanees out there at the start of the season we ended up with the rubbing rags and for me he needs to be demoted to a number two and a experienced man brought in above him.

WUM? You Dickk Spring! I've been here for ten years. ...I've forgotten more about rovers than you'll ever know. :)

Things aren't exactly going to plan this season and I do question Bowyer's tactical ability. But in my opinion Venkys have left him with a weaker squad than last season so it was always gonna be a tough ask to get in the play-offs. If John Williams was picking our replacement I'd be tempted to say get rid if things haven't improved in the next 5 or 6 games. But as it'll be the Singh/Shaw double act who couldn't pick a good dry cleaners, we're probably best just sticking with what we've got and hoping Dunn/Rochina can get fit and get us going.

Things aren't exactly going to plan this season and I do question Bowyer's tactical ability. But in my opinion Venkys have left him with a weaker squad than last season so it was always gonna be a tough ask to get in the play-offs. If John Williams was picking our replacement I'd be tempted to say get rid if things haven't improved in the next 5 or 6 games. But as it'll be the Singh/Shaw double act who couldn't pick a good dry cleaners, we're probably best just sticking with what we've got and hoping Dunn/Rochina can get fit and get us going.

Tactics arent the problem, its the quality of the players and their capabilities to carry out the job effectively thats the problem unfortunately.

That is a gross distortion of the truth (and I think you know this).

The facts are that when Venkys bought the club they knew as much about football as Julius Ceasar or Ghengis Khan did, and therefore the only way ahead for them at the time was to put the entire matter of running the club in all it's aspects into the hands of someone who did know all that was relevant. Unfortunately for both them and BRFC (and it's supporters) they chose to use the advice of a football agency rather than turn to the very experienced board of directors and the manager of the club they had just laid out so much money for. The inevitable end result is what we got........the loss of the very good board of directors and the manager, and the appointment of Kean.

Now you may look at what I have just written above and claim that all I have said is agreeing with your original post; but this is not so. If Venkys had made their first action as one of coming over to Blackburn and calling a full board meeting to discuss the way ahead (which any sensible new owner would do) then we would never have got the results we did get, and BRFC would have remained a properly run club and almost certainly would never have been relegated from the PL.

Umm. No, actually, that does still sound like you're agreeing with his original post. You said any sensible new owner would have done that, and they didn't. It's what I'd do if I took over a business I knew nothing about that was being well ran. And I'm not even a businessman.

I think that Nicko could be right on this one.

I checked with a contact in Pune who is fairly reliable. He couldn't rule out Shebby returning. The clueless owners seem to think that our current squad should be challenging for promotion. IF Bowyer has promised them a promotion challenge in the meetings that he had with them over the summer then he could be in real trouble.

I really really hope that Shebby isn't returning, the circus that he creates is the last thing that we need at the moment.

hope your contact is wrong kamy as that fool returning would be an absolute nitemare

That is a gross distortion of the truth (and I think you know this).

The facts are that when Venkys bought the club they knew as much about football as Julius Ceasar or Ghengis Khan did, and therefore the only way ahead for them at the time was to put the entire matter of running the club in all it's aspects into the hands of someone who did know all that was relevant. Unfortunately for both them and BRFC (and it's supporters) they chose to use the advice of a football agency rather than turn to the very experienced board of directors and the manager of the club they had just laid out so much money for. The inevitable end result is what we got........the loss of the very good board of directors and the manager, and the appointment of Kean.

Now you may look at what I have just written above and claim that all I have said is agreeing with your original post; but this is not so. If Venkys had made their first action as one of coming over to Blackburn and calling a full board meeting to discuss the way ahead (which any sensible new owner would do) then we would never have got the results we did get, and BRFC would have remained a properly run club and almost certainly would never have been relegated from the PL.

if the only way forward was to do this, then the right people were already in place

if the only way forward was to do this, then the right people were already in place

Exactly.....and that is what I said in my post, but the Venkys chose NOT to do this and instead totally failed to even consult the Rovers Directors and allowed a football agent to make every decision for them.

That shebby interview on talksport where he called both the interviewers robbie was one of the most embarassing moments I have had as a rovers fan. The man is a complete fool.

Sorry for being pedantic, but that may have been on 606. I think Robbie Savage was the Robbie in question. I do remember them asking what a global advisor does, and Shebby replying "I'm not telling you."

That interview encapsulates why this 1/4 witted, embarrasment to humanity should never be involved in this club again.

Just when you think that Venkys will trust Bowyer and just leave him to get on with it.

And Venkys sending Shebby to have a look around the club. wat the hell does he know about Championship football. the same person who has total embrassed the club in public a number of times.

I have been against bowyers promotion since the appointment. I've seen his lack of game management for years with the youngsters and i see nothing different here. Of the loanees out there at the start of the season we ended up with the rubbing rags and for me he needs to be demoted to a number two and a experienced man brought in above him.

WUM? You Dickk Spring! I've been here for ten years. ...I've forgotten more about rovers than you'll ever know. :)

In fairness, managing the Reserves and the First team are two different animals. The Reserves is about player development and results are, to a point, of secondary importance. As a regular watcher of the Reserves I always thought Gary did a decent job. Personally, I think he has to be given a season, perhaps two, to develop his ideas. Venky's have opted to go down the cheap and cheerful route of signing free transfers and out of contract players whilst trying to bring through some of the younger players at the club. With the financial hit that they are taking I can understand why they have opted for this route. However, how many experienced managers would take the job on knowing that there is no money to spend, that the wage bill still has to be cut and that the chances are you will be sacked after ten games?

Gary's plans may be long term but they have to be given a chance even if the football is pretty mediocre at times.

Wouldn't say too soft, it's just easier to prosecute these days and folk have more to lose.

I'm happy to be proven wrong mind....

Wigan .. I made way ( batoned) whilst members off here got on pitch .

The Rao's getting restless is what I predicted on Saturday. Factor in our next three games (wouldn't be surprised if they didn't yearn one victory given the opposition) and I expect to see the heat fully turned up on Bowyer. It will be wrong, but these are idiots that we are dealing with.

Restless ? They don't give a shag apart from getting a stiffy from media pics

Archived