BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He needs to be more adventurous and stop picking Lowe AND Williamson. It's getting silly now. You're almost left hoping that Williamson Lowe is out for a couple of weeks.

"Corrected it for you".

It's clear to me that Bowyer is out of his depth manging these players. I've yet to see us come out for a second looking an improved side, so it makes you wonder what he says at half time and also I have yet to see him make an effective substitution all season. Also nearly every game there are changes to the 11 from the previous game even if we win and the same things would go for the system which seems to changes every game even if we win, which is the main reason for our inconsistency. It's a squad mainly assembled by Bowyer himself and even at this stage of the season he doesn't know his best 11 or best formation which is unacceptable. With the squad we have we should be top 6 minimum, but he seems to be happy to settle for mid table mediocrity. Which is not good enough. I feel a change is needed just look at the good it has done for Boro and Derby.

Ridiculous how reactive this forum is at times. Win two on the bounce and things are looking up, lose a game and all the old grievances are aired again.

Makes me think it might be useful to close it down for 3 hours after every match. Too many knee jerk reactions being aired everytime we have a poor result.

• Backroom

If Bowyer was out of his depth we wouldn't be 4 points off the playoffs. I have no problem with people criticising him but comments like "out of his depth", which frequently get aired, are stupid. If he was unable to manage the players we'd be in the relegation zone, heading in the direction Berg and Appleton had us going toward until Gary stepped in twice to save us from the drop.

He needed to be more adventurous and stop picking Lowe AND Williamson. It's getting silly now. You're almost left hoping that the manager will change in the coming weeks.

Corrected it for you both ;)

Ridiculous how reactive this forum is at times. Win two on the bounce and things are looking up, lose a game and all the old grievances are aired again.

There are those who view stays constant. My expectations are still low

Back in the day when 3 pts for a win was introduced, if I remember rightly the manager of Norwich City

said ' 3 pts for a win! may as well go all-out to win every game, home or away'

Norwich got promoted to the top flight, they definitely were'nt one of the pre-season favourites to do so.

Can't recall who the guy was, but I remember him saying it.

Don't know how long we can still play this 'Stability' card now. Bowyer is under achieving, he doesn't know his best 11, keeps picking anti footballers in centre midfield, his teams don't press high enough & changes formations for the wrong games e.g Sheffield Wednesday.

He's tactics & selections are forcing the team to play within themselves. This doesn't help when your best centre mid is pushed out wide to waste.

I don't know how any times I can keep saying this but... I like the fella, I really do but I'm losing faith in him & this is not how I want it to turn out. I see people on here saying the manager knows best etc... But at the moment... He doesn't. He's getting it wrong with regards to Cairney, Lowe & Willliamson.

There's only one way we can gain stability... By winning games & pushing for promotion or playoffs... To do this then you have to TRY to win games. This group of players can beat anyone in this league but unfortunately Bowyer is holding them back from doing so.

Hope he gets it right, as he's a top bloke but what if give for someone like Malkie Mackay... A proper manager.

Makes me think it might be useful to close it down for 3 hours after every match. Too many knee jerk reactions being aired everytime we have a poor result.

Haha. But you could argue that one of the purposes of a message board is exactly that.....to vent your frustrations.I guess it is a social network substitute for kicking the cat

I know what you mean though. If I were a manager, I would have to have at least an hour to calm down or I'd be paying a lot of fines.(I notice Ince didn't come out at all at Oakwell.)

That was very frustrating to watch....and, as we know,there is so much anger, stored up ready to leak out at every opportunity. Cue apparent overreaction after disappointing defeat

In reality, this team just doesn't have enough steal and is far too easy to beat.

3 points was introduced in 1981

Mike Walker was Norwich manager a full 11 years AFTER this LOL

Norwich Manager from 1980 to 1987 was Ken Brown

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1855&comp_id=1&teamTabs=managers

Thanks for that, too lazy to look it up for myself.

It was him that said it then, shrewd fellow !

Archived