BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting knocked for 5 is NEVER good no matter how you do inbetween the goals. The history books don't note the iffy 1st half city performance, the many sideways passes or the amateurish 2nd half defending just the scoreline.

But 4,500 Rovers fans who were there were proud of their team once again. Long may it continue for Gary is doing a pretty decent job of rebuilding this club considering it is his first managerial appointment. Things are finally looking up at Ewood Park under his tenure as the history books will note.

Looks like you don't read them either haha. We put on a show against one of the best squads in world football. We came away with a better scoreline than some of the other best squads in football.

Bowyer was proud of the manner in which we played, not the result.

Go and support a League 2 team if you want pure bravery and little talent ;)

Yeah, because this defeatest "we must be thankful we're even on the same pitch" and "of course our star players will leave, the're too big for us" attitude that so many on this board for some reason espouce has sure gotten us far in the past few seasons. From European qualification to relegation.

When you get beat like that, you don't walk around with your pants soiled in a star-struck daze gushing superlatives, like Bowyer is doing - you pull yourself up by the bootstraps, you get back to the training ground and the drawing board, and vow to do better next time. If anyone needs reminding, Man City aren't the only team to beat us like this - we've been trounced several times in the Championship by supposed equals. The players need to understand that these results are never ok, regardless of the opposition. Bowyer is doing the opposite and it will hurt us big time.

Yeah, because this defeatest "we must be thankful we're even on the same pitch" and "of course our star players will leave, the're too big for us" attitude that so many on this board for some reason espouce has sure gotten us far in the past few seasons. From European qualification to relegation.

When you get beat like that, you don't walk around with your pants soiled in a star-struck daze gushing superlatives, like Bowyer is doing - you pull yourself up by the bootstraps, you get back to the training ground and the drawing board, and vow to do better next time. If anyone needs reminding, Man City aren't the only team to beat us like this - we've been trounced several times in the Championship by supposed equals. The players need to understand that these results are never ok, regardless of the opposition. Bowyer is doing the opposite and it will hurt us big time.

right then

Fortunately, the overwhelming majority of fans appreciate the job that Bowyer is doing and the positive atmosphere that is returning to games at Ewood, or don't you bother going to support your club anymore?

Disappointed as you may be, this post is barking up the wrong tree.

Oh, that rhymes. :)

• Backroom

Of course! Losing a single game to a squad that has only been beaten by the Euro Champs at home and has battered better teams than ours with more goals, despite putting up a valiant effort without our top scorer or captain should have us topping ourselves. Gotcha.

I do agree with you as a general point about our league campaigns in recent seasons. Last season our squad was good enough for automatic promotion, this season its good enough for the play-offs. Heaping praise on managers who are falling below those targets is defeatist in my book, especially when there's a time-limit to this and each summer will see cuts to the wage bill that will push the chance of promotion further away. If we don't make the play-offs this season then it'll have proven to be a mistake to go with and stick with Bowyer. This season I can't make my mind up on the guy, am nervous in general, and despairing at our lack of consistency (especially at home). That many other fans seem altogether chuffed with events is pretty baffling to me.

Having said all that I don't think you can apply one jot of this to last night. Last night was another example of what big money has done to football, turned certain games into a sick joke with bigger financial inbalances between City and Rovers than there are between Rovers and Mill Hill FC. Whats Bowyer supposed to say? None of it matters, we had literally no chance of winning.

Of course! Losing a single game to a squad that has only been beaten by the Euro Champs at home and has battered better teams than ours with more goals, despite putting up a valiant effort without our top scorer or captain should have us topping ourselves. Gotcha.

I think he's only saying there is no need for Bowyer to rim the collective City ringpiece

Though I may be wrong............Mr E??

Regardless of what happens this season whether we are way off promotion or we actually do get promoted I think Bowyer needs to receive a huge thanks from all Rovers fans.

Think what you want of his tactics, but he has brought OUR Rovers back.

He's brought back the team who always fought and battled away no matter what the odds were or who they were facing.

He's brought back a great atmosphere at Ewood and provided us with the stability we have craved for ever since Venky's stepped through the door.

For me, Bowyer needs to go down in history for bringing us back out of these dark times we've just been through.

I've not been as proud of a Rovers team for a long time as I was the other night watching them against City and that is all certainly down to the man in charge and the mentality he's brought to the club.

bring back the dislike button FFS

Regardless of what happens this season whether we are way off promotion or we actually do get promoted I think Bowyer needs to receive a huge thanks from all Rovers fans.

Think what you want of his tactics, but he has brought OUR Rovers back.

He's brought back the team who always fought and battled away no matter what the odds were or who they were facing.

He's brought back a great atmosphere at Ewood and provided us with the stability we have craved for ever since Venky's stepped through the door.

For me, Bowyer needs to go down in history for bringing us back out of these dark times we've just been through.

I've not been as proud of a Rovers team for a long time as I was the other night watching them against City and that is all certainly down to the man in charge and the mentality he's brought to the club.

Let's not get carried away. Whilst he's done a very good job to date and some of what you posted is true the transformation is only just beggining. The green shoots we've been looking for the last few years are deffo starting to sprout at last but that's it so far. We can't get complacent already, a negative formation an tactics tomorrow and we get beat easily then questions will be rightly asked again. Time to try and kick on now to give us every chance, it'll be sh't or bust time soon.

Sigh. I wonder if an attitude different than "I'm so proud of you lads for only losing 5-0 last game" wouldn't have brought a better performance and a better result today. Such a question, the mysteries of life, right?

FFS, truly, just FFS.

Sigh. I wonder if an attitude different than "I'm so proud of you lads for only losing 5-0 last game" wouldn't have brought a better performance and a better result today. Such a question, the mysteries of life, right?

FFS, truly, just FFS.

You got some stick for that Mr E, but it's a point I made as well.

I've always been a big Bowyer fan but I'm starting to lose faith in him.

Our best attacking imo player apart from Rhodes (Rochina) is seemingly being allowed to leave without a whimper, I know opinions are divided on Rochina's worth but surely hardly anyone disagrees on the midfield situation.

We have an absolute gem in Cairney being sidelined on the wing to accommodate a terrible central pairing of Lowe and Williamson. The obsession with Lowe in particular and 2 dm's to a lesser extent will see us finish nowhere if it's persisted with.

Also far too negative in general imo, today one down and one up front and one striker off for another? What's that all about?

Archived