BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Watford - Tuesday 1 October - Kick-off 19:45

No and he just copied last season, we'll have to watch him, could have another MM on our hands ! :mellow:

Copied last season, what are you on about?

Look at the beginning of the thread, like every match and every match for years before that people make predictions on what they think the score might be and I was just saying I got it right for once, don't see what the Mercerman reference is about.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rochina would be like a new signing when he's back!

Will need to earn his way back into the side but it's a great selection headache to have. I sure hope he isn't offloaded in January. We'll need that touch of Catalan class if we harbour any hopes of getting into the playoffs.

Full credit to the Rovers tonight. By the sounds of it, a well-earned victory against one of the Championship's better teams, and another clean sheet under our belts will instill confidence at the back. Games come thick n' fast in this league, and things could easily change, but Bowyer et al. look like they're putting together a really competitive outfit which should only improve with experience and players to return.

Look at the beginning of the thread, like every match and every match for years before that people make predictions on what they think the score might be and I was just saying I got it right for once, don't see what the Mercerman reference is about.

I may be wrong but I think they mean it was the same score (and scorer) as last season, in an ironic way.....

Really enjoyed that tonight, loved how they battled for the ball back when they lost it, thought the atmosphere was great and full of support and optimism, players hugging and looking like a team after final whistle, thought the 100 or so lads in top right of Blackburn end helped generate some noise, all in all a good night, looking forward to going Wigan Sunday, even you doom and gloom merchants must be a little happier!

Absolutely made up with this win against a very decent Watford side. If we can get a point or more against Wigan then what a week it will have been!

I too would love to see the not so smug faces of Salgado's Watford fan pals. Cocky @#/?s.

Just out of interest, if King kept this up and added an end product to his game, how much would he be worth in today's market?! Many, myself included, wouldn't have been too fussed if he had left in the summer.

Obviosuly we saw things very differently then

For me Best was involved in everything we tried to do first half and dominated in the air, the booking was silly though.

Rhodes had 4 chances but critically scored one and it was enough to win us the game which he does time after time no complaints there

I just can't see anything positive about Best at all, even at this level he looks very ordinary imo and his attitude appears to be at odds with the rest of the team who all seem to be pulling for the cause.

Still if King can turn his attitude and form round the way he has done maybe Best can show some improvement as well.

• Backroom

Absolutely made up with this win against a very decent Watford side. If we can get a point or more against Wigan then what a week it will have been!

I too would love to see the not so smug faces of Salgado's Watford fan pals. Cocky keans.

Just out of interest, if King kept this up and added an end product to his game, how much would he be worth in today's market?! Many, myself included, wouldn't have been too fussed if he had left in the summer.

King was considered a real prospect at United for sometime, so clearly has something about him. He lacks consistency and an end product which seems to have held him back, but when he's on form like this it's easy to see why United thought he had the potential to be a very good player.

Game sounded a bit dour until Rhodes scored but scrappy wins are the key to success as much as dominant ones

I thought to the contrary it was an excellent game between two very good sides at this level who tried to play the game in the right way. (some cynical play acting from one or two of the Watford players notwithstanding)

I would imagine Watford will be in the play off positions come the end of the season.

I may be wrong but I think they mean it was the same score (and scorer) as last season, in an ironic way.....

Bloody hell, I forget scorelines from a month ago let alone the season before. Bit of a strange thing to pick me up on to be honest. Strange how the last time I quoted him I was slagging Burnley off.

• Backroom

I just can't see anything positive about Best at all, even at this level he looks very ordinary imo and his attitude appears to be at odds with the rest of the team who all seem to be pulling for the cause.

Still if King can turn his attitude and form round the way he has done maybe Best can show some improvement as well.

I don't think I've ever seen a player have such a quick 180 in form as King has had, he was woeful against Derby and Carlisle but it seems at some stage he beat a fullback then something clicked in his head and he realised he can do it everytime

The thing is he's been showing nice skill and vision as well as just raw pace

He really is as good a winger as anyone in this league at the moment

Got to say as well, what a good player Cairney is at this level. The Watford team recognised it as well when they singled him out for some rough treatment in the first half.

I think it's very important we are able to add him permanently to the ranks in January.

• Backroom

Got to say as well, what a good player Cairney is at this level. The Watford team recognised it as well when they singled him out for some rough treatment in the first half.

I think it's very important we are able to add him permanently to the ranks in January.

Agreed, he and Evans add something to the side that we've been missing for a long time.

Bloody hell, I forget scorelines from a month ago let alone the season before. Bit of a strange thing to pick me up on to be honest. Strange how the last time I quoted him I was slagging Burnley off.

Don't know your history but I took it to be simply humour, to be honest, and not malicious at all.

King is an interesting dilema - without doubt one of our key players at the moment. If he continues like this I am sure Premiership clubs will be sniffing around in January (hopefully there is no sell on clause ! ) - however if he can keep this up for a season I can actually see us going up.

Good game tonight between two good teams - not a lot to choose between the two teams - we possibly shaded it on chances - but Watford looked very good and will be top 6 come the end of the season

King is an interesting dilema - without doubt one of our key players at the moment. If he continues like this I am sure Premiership clubs will be sniffing around in January (hopefully there is no sell on clause ! ) - however if he can keep this up for a season I can actually see us going up.

Good game tonight between two good teams - not a lot to choose between the two teams - we possibly shaded it on chances - but Watford looked very good and will be top 6 come the end of the season

His end product is still practically zero, if he could rectify that he wouldn't be with us that much longer presumably.

It seems almost churlish to mention it because in this form it is still extremely enjoyable watching him carry the ball from the edge of our area to the edge of the opposition's in double quick time , and like Tom says he's turned his game round 180 degrees so full credit to him..

I said earlier I was going back to not posting but I will after that .. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I had some passion too. . Tell you what that ref ranks up there with George Courtney .

My mate got a text saying darwen end was fighting amongst themselves .

I thought to the contrary it was an excellent game between two very good sides at this level who tried to play the game in the right way. (some cynical play acting from one or two of the Watford players notwithstanding)

I would imagine Watford will be in the play off positions come the end of the season.

Lets just say the Radio Lancs reporter and Steven Reid were not enthused until we scored. Good to hear it was far better than that.

King against Derby was awful but when I saw him at home against Bolton he was ridiculously good. Players who have sheer pace will always be a threat but when you marry that with confidence and a bit of technique there's no reason why they can't be devastating at this level.

Tonight was a big test. Beating the likes of Bournemouth comfortably is nice but to go up we're going to have to beat decent teams. We have the ingredients to make a decent shot at the play off places provided everyone stays fit. Really pleased we got the win. If you add Rochina and Dunn to this side then we could really start gaining some momentum. I'm just getting a tad worried about January...

Just a joke !

Sorry if it offended you !

Archived