BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Watford - Tuesday 1 October - Kick-off 19:45

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Fantastic result against one of the best teams in the league. Not often I get my prediction right but was bang on this time goalscorer and all.

That part isn't too difficult to be fair :P

6 - Prediction for the game?

Cant see past an away win. We tore Blackburn a new one at the Vic and this year the team is even stronger.

Either we'll hammer you something like 3-1, or you'll win 1-0. We tend to either take our chances and destroy teams, or miss/hit the post/run into God Keeper and then concede a sloppy goal late on. I believe we currently have a better squad than you, but we're also not completely comfortable with the post-Vydra tactical approach. On recent displays, you can probably expect to see one ineffective half from us, and one absolutely brilliant 45 minutes. If we're brilliant for 90, it'll be the first league game it happened in this year (although the signs are there that it is coming, in fairness!).

At this stage a trip to Ewood Park no longer holds any fears. But it will be a tough game and I expect it to be a one goal game. I think we will just edge it although given the number of recent fixtures we have had I expect several changes from the side at the weekend to face Wigan. Last season was an agonizing 1-0 loss deep in injury time after Manuel had saved a penalty as well.

0-0, We havent had a bore draw for a while. Its going to happen Tuesday i believe.

You've been up and down with your results. We’ve been up and down with ours, the one thing I think we can say is the match will likely have goals in it and could go either way (watch out for a nil-nil draw now).

La tempesta cielo 68, Arakel, Smudger, gloryhornhaz, gold_finger, Elton John, Vinnie Jones, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Aniston, Geri Halliwell, Graham Taylor... Your boys took one HELL OF A BEATING!!!!!!!

119148440_bowyer_371300c.jpg

• Backroom

Fantastic win and fully deserved we dominated and outclassed and out fought them

I thought we were lacking in the first half in that Best was superb and won absolutely everything but nobody got close to him

Second half we were brilliant Josh King unplayable

Evans and Lowe both very solid as well

In honesty Rhodes was really poor for 65 minutes and missed 3 really good chances during the game BUT he scored the winner and did exactly what he is there for.

Marshall also looked much improved apart from his shooting

We were rarely threatened and don't remember Kean having to make a real save

Onwards and upwards

Can't Believe Burnley are top of the table as Rovers was the better side in 1-1 draw, Think this "Young" rovers side with an average age of 23 has a Bright future...

Kean 20

Kane 20

Hanley 21

Dann 26

Spurr 25

King 21

Cairney 22

Evans 23

Lowe 22

Rhodes 23

Best 27

Bench

Marshall 22

Marrow 23

Olsson 25

Williamsson 31

Kilgallon 29

Judge 24

Eastwood 24

Thats quite a Young team and add Rochina 22. Taylor 25, Nunes 20 and Henley 19 to oldies Dunn 33, DJ 31 and the one i forgot his name 31

• Backroom

I'd actually be happy to keep Best in position behind Rhodes for the time being, bringing Dunn on as a sub for the last 20-25 mins. Best seems to be doing pretty well in that role and considering our outlay on him it'd be good to see some return.

Fantastic win and fully deserved we dominated and outclassed and out fought them

I thought we were lacking in the first half in that Best was superb and won absolutely everything but nobody got close to him

Second half we were brilliant Josh King unplayable

Evans and Lowe both very solid as well

In honesty Rhodes was really poor for 65 minutes and missed 3 really good chances during the game BUT he scored the winner and did exactly what he is there for.

Marshall also looked much improved apart from his shooting

We were rarely threatened and don't remember Kean having to make a real save

Onwards and upwards

Were you at the same game Tom?

I thought Best was bloody awful throughout sulking around with his hands on his hips like Kevin the teenager. Picked up an unnecessary booking and no real surprise he was substituted.

By contrast Rhodes was superb, never stopped working.

Overall though thought it was a great performance, young hungry side passing the ball about to feet.

Things starting to come to the boil very nicely.

Dunn and Campbell both available for Wigan game.

Rochina back in early november...

If Rhodes is the cherry on top of the cake that'll be be frosting on top of the cherry.

How did Marshall do when coming on?

Extremely well. Like having the proper player back instead of his useless twin brother.

How did Marshall do when coming on?

very well. Impressed me.

I thought best was bloody awful though. As someone else said. Moaned constantly. Needless booking and lost the ball way to often.

Everyone else was superb. Organised and energetic. Evans for me was motm.

Really enjoyed that.

Cracking result against one the favourites to go up. Loved the way we pressed for 90 minutes and the intelligent way we passed the ball to feet.

Rhodes could have had a hat trick and Evans also missed a really good chance. Also a clean sheet against free scoring Watford and they very rarely threatened. I thought that Evans controlled the midfield area and at times in the second half King was almost unplayable.

We have a young team so they will take confidence from these type of victories.

Fans were superb during the second half, really got behind the team.

• Backroom

Were you at the same game Tom?

I thought Best was bloody awful throughout sulking around with his hands on his hips like Kevin the teenager. Picked up an unnecessary booking and no real surprise he was substituted.

By contrast Rhodes was superb, never stopped working.

Overall though thought it was a great performance, young hungry side passing the ball about to feet.

Things starting to come to the boil very nicely.

Obviosuly we saw things very differently then

For me Best was involved in everything we tried to do first half and dominated in the air, the booking was silly though.

Rhodes had 4 chances but critically scored one and it was enough to win us the game which he does time after time no complaints there

Archived