BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Grant Hanley apologises to his teammates and fans

Grant Hanley has today apologise to his team mates and the fans for his sending off yesterday.

This is Gary Bowyer interview from today Radio Lancashire Sport programme at 6pm.

The interview is on around 6 or 7 minutes in from the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hfrt2

My view is fair play to Hanley coming in to see Bowyer to apology to him, his team mates and the fans. he made a mistake and he will defo learn from the sending off and his actions

Grant Hanley has today apologise to his team mates and the fans for his sending off yesterday.

This is Gary Bowyer interview from today Radio Lancashire Sport programme at 6pm.

The interview is on around 6 or 7 minutes in from the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01hfrt2

My view is fair play to Hanley coming in to see Bowyer to apology to him, his team mates and the fans. he made a mistake and he will defo learn from the sending off and his actions

Fair play, learn from it (you dick head) and move on, end of.

That's Hanley and Best now chomping at the bit with a point to prove....

COYB!

I'm pleased he has apologised and if he learns from it then hopefully both him and Rovers will benefit. I was so angry yesterday but 24 hours on I have calmed down. Hopefully for Hanley some short term pain for long term gain and the chance to rid himself of a real weakness in his character and game.

• Backroom

There's nothing that can be done about it now. An apology is a good start, but his words will he empty unless he matures from this error. It'll be interesting to see if he's any different upon his return.

• Backroom

He's sorry becuase he has to be the same way Joey Barton often apologises after doing something rash, he's been flying over to confront people everytime he gets a chance at the minute and it was bound to cost us eventually

Anyway we'll sulk about it but won't villify him once he's back, I hope Killgallon does enough to keep him out of the team though as that would only be good news for us

I'm pleased he has apologised and if he learns from it then hopefully both him and Rovers will benefit. I was so angry yesterday but 24 hours on I have calmed down. Hopefully for Hanley some short term pain for long term gain and the chance to rid himself of a real weakness in his character and game.

Same Arb- you just wouldnt want to finish a point off the play offs having seen that yesterday.Over the course of 46 games its unlikely one mans actions would be the only reason but that was at least one and most probably 3 points tossed away and its cost us a bit of momentum going into the International break.7 or 9 points from those 3 games would have had us set up lovely .But like Hanley we all must move on........ stupid .kean!!

He's sorry becuase he has to be the same way Joey Barton often apologises after doing something rash, he's been flying over to confront people everytime he gets a chance at the minute and it was bound to cost us eventually

Anyway we'll sulk about it but won't villify him once he's back, I hope Killgallon does enough to keep him out of the team though as that would only be good news for us

Come on Tom, you've become a touch depressing, constantly having a downer!

Glass half full or half empty? Go through our squad, consider all the others and who would you exchange ours with and why?

Chin up, with us as twelfth man, we really could go up IMO.

• Backroom

My second paragraph was definitely glass half full

If Killgallon does enough to keep him out of the team then he'll have to have performed well in his three game stint which would bode well for results

I rate Grant for what its worth but an apology really doesn't mean all that much after the team lost because of it but it does no harm

• Backroom

Glad to see that Hanley has apologised and that he has received a fine. Haha I wonder if Williamson got fined for his red?

Williamson got sent off to keep us in the game, whereas Hanley got sent off because he acted like a petulant child. WIlliamson deserved a bonus for his red never mind a fine B)

My second paragraph was definitely glass half full

If Killgallon does enough to keep him out of the team then he'll have to have performed well in his three game stint which would bode well for results

I rate Grant for what its worth but an apology really doesn't mean all that much after the team lost because of it but it does no harm

Ever considered politics?

If players where off today how come GB saw Dann?

Presumably because he was in for treatment?

As for Hanley, fair play for apologising. Needs to learn from it. May have lost his place now, I'd imagine Kilgallon with be chomping at the bit.

We have to wait and see what happens after he comes back after his suspension to see if he is a reformed character or not. It's not like this is a one off incident with him, it's just he actually got caught this time. The guy brings a lot of aggressiveness to the team but sometimes he goes way too far. You can bet the ref's will be more aware of it now.

Kilgallon didn't look as good as some are making out. He looked steady in some places, and not quite as steady in others and not spectacular at any point. Had he either looked spectacular at times, or never looked unsteady at others, then those suggesting a Hanley ousting may have a case but as it stands it's not something I believe will happen. Would certainly be good if Kilgallon continued his improvement though as the competition would be great.

Personally speaking and yesterday aside, I love the fact Hanley has been quick to get involved in any and every on field spat. Hes not been alone and it shows some togetherness. Something we have lacked for ages. Ok he was stupid yesterday and he'll pay the price. But I wont damn the kid for showing some balls when we've been used to shrinking violets. Kilgallon will get the chance to stake his claim and in the long term this might be a blessing in disguise. Hanley was extremely dim yesterday and I don't want to see it again. But imo people need to embrace the fact this side is littered with young lads emerging together and Hanley is clearly one of the elected (self or otherwise) leaders. Yesterday hurt but an emerging leader is very very welcome from where im sat. A bit of fight never hurt anyone if its ditected intelligently. Just the last bit to work on and Hanley will be just fine.

• Backroom

Kilgallon didn't look as good as some are making out. He looked steady in some places, and not quite as steady in others and not spectacular at any point. Had he either looked spectacular at times, or never looked unsteady at others, then those suggesting a Hanley ousting may have a case but as it stands it's not something I believe will happen. Would certainly be good if Kilgallon continued his improvement though as the competition would be great.

It was Kilgallon's first start for us wasn't it? Think he did pretty well all things considered. We'll see over the next three games whether he has what it takes to oust Hanley.

BBC has Hanley's season discipline stats at one yellow and one red this season. Is this correct?

I'm sure that can't be right. But regardless, his card count isn't too bad in a Rovers shirt. He is a centre back.

It was Kilgallon's first start for us wasn't it? Think he did pretty well all things considered. We'll see over the next three games whether he has what it takes to oust Hanley.

He's come on before and looked the same unsteady and unimposing type of player in the past for us hasn't he?

But you are correct in that he needs more time to be judged. A lot more time. And starts too.

But this is my point when it comes to saying Hanley has lost his place in the team. Once the ban is over I expect him to be straight back in the team as it's far too early to say that Kilgallon can offer us anything better than Hanley can.

BBC has Hanley's season discipline stats at one yellow and one red this season. Is this correct?

I'm sure that can't be right. But regardless, his card count isn't too bad in a Rovers shirt. He is a centre back.

He's come on before and looked the same unsteady and unimposing type of player in the past for us hasn't he?

But you are correct in that he needs more time to be judged. A lot more time. And starts too.

But this is my point when it comes to saying Hanley has lost his place in the team. Once the ban is over I expect him to be straight back in the team as it's far too early to say that Kilgallon can offer us anything better than Hanley can.

Teamtalk has him on 2 yellows.

I'd trust them over BBC these days !

John osullivan just tweeted "injured again for Kean sake" now that's a player who feels bad an beats himself up.

Very unfortunate to be injured in tonight's Under-21 game. Hopefully, Dann will be fit for the Charlton game because Songo'o looked distinctly unimpressive tonight.

Archived