BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have pro. footballers in general lost all true values? How could it be changed?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you motivate young lads who by the age of just twenty are millionaires?......

The 'wealth on a plate' makes them lose their sense of reality and the reason they became involved in the game in the first place.Sadly,I don't think matters will change anytime soon..it's a money gravy train that is out of control.

Wage cap is needed and quickly in my opinion, average players a millionaires these days whilst clubs are struggling to survive, that's just not right.

I wholeheartedly agree Gav but clubs should be thriving as a consequence of the income generated.

This is what happens when you take a kid from a council estate and pay him more money than the Queen to kick a football around. It's no wonder the stardom and riches go straight to their heads and they no longer value anything.

This is what happens when you take a kid from a council estate and pay him more money than the Queen to kick a football around. It's no wonder the stardom and riches go straight to their heads and they no longer value anything.

Amo, you're dead right and I suspect most acknowledge that that's the case. How could the tide be turned?

What Yoda, faced with a new venture you'd like someone to kean on your plates and someone else to bet on when they were dry?

They would look good having been in the industrial washer a few times, can't see the I phone working after a session there,

step out of line after that and its the chef's Chinese chopper!

:)

Values? Look at England international James Milner diving in the last minute when 5-3 up!

You're dead right Tom they stand for nowt.

That said it's been the basis for the PL, you could never ever expect turkey's to vote for a Christmas cull of turkey's could you.

I think FGS has it in a nutshell. They are granted incredible wealth without having earned it and being so wealthy at such a young age they haven't the experience or maturity to enable them to cope. I am not old enough to remember a time before agents but I am sure they must shoulder some of the blame as well.

You forgot Transfer syndicates or player Investment funds as they are apparently known in places as diverse as Barnet , Zurich, the far East and various offshore islands, got to keep those players moving Stuart for the benefit of the players owners (just lucky the FA pay lip service to the obvious 3rd party owned players otherwise Rovers might have seen double the turn over on the player transfer conveyor belt) and the added bonus of bets placed on the transfers , :)

The players are well paid for being a multi income revenue stream commodity for third parties whether they are playing or not and as such are pampered to keep the revenue streams flowing.

Wage cap is needed and quickly in my opinion, average players a millionaires these days whilst clubs are struggling to survive, that's just not right.

Look no further than our own for a first class example Gav...average players indeed on 20k a week laughing their @#/? off as the money rolls as the receivers are possibly about to come knocking on the door of Ewood park.

Makes me sick.

There are far too many d1ckheads with loads of money and hardly any ability.

Quite correct K-Hod. But that statement also applies perfectly to those silly bugggers in Pune.Our dickheads don't write their own contracts and pay cheques do they? It takes two to tango doesn't it?

btw why are we debating this? FFP will sort much of it out.

I think a part of the problem is that in many cases footballers are positively encouraged to be "thick" and immature - ie do as instructed and don't learn to think for yourself. Listen to the nice agent man who will make you rich and the PFA who will sort out any problems off the pitch. Rape/drinkdrive/assault/steal - not a problem but refuse to be fingered, choke the chicken on a picture of a man or sing a silly song in front of a group and you are finished....

It would be refreshing for a club to insist on a performance related, pay structure. The club could announce this, before any season ticket sales, and let any fans know that they would only get players who where willing to work under these terms. If the fans where in agreement it would reflect in season ticket sales. If it was shown that the fans were not in agreement with the policy. Then scrap it and carry on paying ridiculous sums for charlatans.

Archived