BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Third Round Replay

Paul

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm not running a march preview but we need a thread. My thoughts? My first away game since Blackpool under Berg and I'd no hesitation in getting a ticket. My eldest son lives 15 minutes walk away so that makes life easy. It's a long time since he and I had a big game to watch together - it's going to be a good night out. Can we beat City? Well realistically the answer is no and I suspect we had our chance at Ewood BUT many thought we'd be slaughterd at home. I see this as a great opportunity for this young team. Put on a performance, get the fans roaring and the result is secondary. We need a BIG performance out of this game. The sort that puffs your chest out and gives the confidence to beat Forest and Derby. The first ten minutes will be crucial, concede early and it will be a tough night. Concentrate from KO and it will be a good night. I'm looking forward to an exciting evening but I'm much more concerned by the next two league games. Time to relax and just enjoy the moment.

Enjoy the evening with your boyn truly the important things in life.

Has anyone seen better odds for us (ie. i win more money on my bet) than 16/1?

Don't forget it's the score after 90mins that counts for results bets. You need a "to qualify" bet for anything involving extra time or penalties (and they are far worse odds). Almost caught my dad out. :-)

If you really want daft odds go for City HT Rovers FT. Should be about 100/1 for the replay, it was 80/1 in the first game, I had a couple of quid on it and it nearly came off.

Anyone having a bet on us for Wednesday, us to qualify outright would probably be the better bet, should still be good odds. Bets on us to win either in extra time or on penalties should also be very good odds, I would favour the latter there.

I hope Bowyer really goes for this one as we haven't really got anything to lose.

I'd like to see him throw Rochina in on the right hand side where he can cut inside a little but not leave us entirely exposed.

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Rochina, Williamson, Cairney, Marshall

Gestede, Rhodes

or

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr

Lowe, Cairney, Williamson

Rochina, Rhodes, Marshall

3.5k tickets sold for a (likely defeat) midweek game on itv is good going!

no doubt ITV will be more likely to comment on us sending a load of the allocation back, than give us horrible kean abusing fans any credit

Any danger of the drum making an re-appearance? That'd really put Citeh fans to shame.

I think we could do with it being brought back for home games too.... Ewood's turned into a library these past few seasons, in comparison to what it used to be like, for obvious reasons!

With regards to those extra tickets; I can see us selling a good few on the day!

Any danger of the drum making an re-appearance? That'd really put Citeh fans to shame.

I think we could do with it being brought back for home games too.... Ewood's turned into a library these past few seasons, in comparison to what it used to be like, for obvious reasons!

With regards to those extra tickets; I can see us selling a good few on the day!

Couldn't agree more on the drum. Can only speak about the Darwen End for home games but that place needs a drum like Alan Sugar needs to get laid more. About two-thirds of the fans can't sing in time (or tune) and the other third give up in exasperation less than 2 repititions in because the horde of moronic kids banging on the back/side of the stand have sped the song up to the point of it becoming un-singable.

Back in the days of the drum in the Blackburn End, most songs would last about twice as long as they do today, cause everyone wasn't singing them at 100mph like they were trying to get it over and done with. And yet you always get fans criticising it when it makes an appearance, usually ones who don't sing or who are happy to join in with some drunk banging on the boards on the back row. Makes absolutely no sense.

If we don't win at city i'm hoping its one of those defeats which actually doesn't do any harm to the players, supporters and club in general. 2-1 down at half time after going in front and they finally finish us off in the 94th min. My concern is total fold a la West Ham. Whilst on the subject of songs is there any we can slip another word in 'Sean Dyche'? Dingle, cretin, scumbag anything ffs to at least make it some bit like.

Just got my tickets this morning, was waiting for a mate to confirm which held me up. There were only about 14 coach tickets left.

They weren't going to let me have the coach tickets because although I gave all my mate's personal details (and he is a lapsed season ticket holder) he wasn't currently on the system. Absolutely ridiculous, back to the bad old days of making it as difficult as possible for people to purchase tickets.

Anyhow, really looking forward to it. COYB!

So long as Rovers have won by full time, an hour should be plenty of time for you to get to Victoria, although it is a bit of a trek from Etihad.

The trams do go directly from the stadium to Victoria but I've no idea how busy they are. http://www.metrolink.co.uk/Documents/Services_Map_June2012.pdf

Your other option is to get to Picadilly station, which is closer, for 22:50, train to Salford and wait there for the Blackburn train.

Good work B n W, sadly I have work commitments in Glasgow that keep me away. I shall be watching it in the Rhoderick Dhu in Waterloo Street with a few work colleagues who are adopted Rovers. COYB!!

I actually work round the corner from that pub (on St.Vincent st)

Archived