BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Third Round Replay

Paul

The reality is we and everyone else are expecting city to muller us.

They are unbeaten in ages and score for fun at home. Next come little old Blackburn who embarrassed City last Saturday so MP will not want anything but a healthy win.

Add to this the difference in riches and its all set for a GIANTKILLING !

dare we dream? I cant go due to work commitments so will be able to catch it on tv.

I dread to think of the furore IF we managed a win.

4-1 City it is then........

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the back four and the keeper pretty much pick themselves, but its the next bit that i'd be changing in playing Lowe, Dunn, and King central with Taylor and Marshall out wide with these two continually interchangeable with Josh King and Rudy Gestede upfront to start with. As the game progresses you have DJ and Rhodes to come on to change the tactics and personnel once again.

Think team GB will need to be continually alert to changing the shape and personnel of his team at every stage of this game.

Rovers have nothing to lose in this one, so why not have a go.

I haven't been to the Etihad for a few years, but there used to be a fleet of 'football special' double deckers that ran between the stadium and Piccadilly Gardens.  Worth a look at Greater Manchester Transport's website and/or http://www.footballgroundguide.com/manchester_city/ .

Edit : should have had a read before posting.  Looks like trams have now taken over.  Maybe walk to a tram stop a bit away from the stadium so you're not queueing up to get on a tram for half an hour?

It's a while since I've been to football at the Etihad but was there for a sold out Springsteen concert in summer 2012. I think the concert ended around 10.30pm.

Keep in mind a sold out concert is less than a footie crowd and behaves differently. The public transport queues were huge and I would say there is no point in even trying tram or bus.

Walking at full tilt, I mean 4mph at least, it took just over 40 minutes to reach Victoria station.

It's a while since I've been to football at the Etihad but was there for a sold out Springsteen concert in summer 2012. I think the concert ended around 10.30pm.

Keep in mind a sold out concert is less than a footie crowd and behaves differently. The public transport queues were huge and I would say there is no point in even trying tram or bus.

Walking at full tilt, I mean 4mph at least, it took just over 40 minutes to reach Victoria station.

For City games they half all car traffic in an exclusion zone around the stadium, which means the majority of the Soccer busses leave before the cars start getting in the way.

But I would still just walk, easiest way.

It's good all this getting excited for a game business innit? I'd almost forgotten what it felt like! I have no idea how this one will pan out tonight so I'm not going to make a prediction but if we can play anything like we did in the first game and can nick a goal from somewhere and hope that City aren't the well oiled machine at home that they usually are (it happens)... then who knows! :)

N.B. I haven't posted on this MB much at all in recent years but I check in obsessively every single day. Think I'm going to start making a contribution by posting more from now on!

I hope bowyer drops lowe for this one.

With his technical prowess and footballing brain, we risk losing him to a watching premier league giant in the transfer window.

Best keeping him under wraps gary ( three months should do the trick).

Yeah and I bet the city midfield hope he is dropped as well.

Hereford United Under 18's took Man City Under 18's to extra time in the youth cup last night. Hereford missed a Penno in normal time as well.

Not really relevant but nobody gave little hereford a chance.

I bet city's under 18s have a few internationally sourced players in, probably worth a lot more than Hereford's first team, well done to them.

Much faster to walk to Piccadilly and get the train to Salford Crescent and change for the Blackburn train, no need to walk to Victoria.

22:50 train, gets to Salford Crescent at 22:59, change for Blackburn train at 23:08. Even time for a beer ;-)

You never know Abbey. No-one gives us a chance and I think City are 1-8 on.

I'd love it if we beat them...........

It's the FA cup owt could happen. Plenty of minnows have done the big boys on their own patch. Why not us?

Great to see us travelling in numbers. Away following nothing short of immense this season.

Extremely worried - just found out that the match will be shown in the bar where i have an informal business meeting tonight... Hope the person i am meeting is not expecting sensible conversation after 8pm UK time...

Think we will lose 4-1 if i am being honest but hope springs eternal :tu:

Archived