BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Third Round Replay

Paul

Not resting players around tonight will have no detrimental effort on the rest of the League season Parson. Rhodes and Robinson are the two players we possibly couldn't afford to lose but either could get injured getting out of bed tomorrow or in training and robbo probably needs the match practice in any event.

Resting players is no guarantee of a good result Saturday, and a win on Saturday won't take us up either. I'd have thought a good result and/or a stirring performance would be far more beneficial for confidence going into the rest of the season.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm taking the view that anything under 6-0 is acceptable, anything under 3-0 is good/encouraging and getting the knocked out at the death or getting through is simply outstanding.

Guest Norbert

£1 on Rovers win 22/1

£1 on double chance Rovers/Draw 13/2

£1 on Rovers to qualify 9/1

So when Rovers win I'll be rich too ;)

If we win 3-0 or 3-1 with a Rhodes hat trick, I'll get something like £300.

Best just to ignore Nixon I find.

Decided not to go tonight, regretting it if I'm honest, but all credit to the 4000+ making the trip over. Very much reminds me of the late 80s when wed get 10,000 at home and 5000 away when doing well, more in the cup, Villa when Andy Kennedy scored springs to mind.

Great effort and lets hope the side do the travelling fans proud.

its always handbags with rovers and nixon.

I really hope we don'rt rest anyone, personally can't understand why any professional athlete would need to rest when there is a game on and their job is to play in it. Not like there has been a game every other day or anything is it? Can see the logic in playing 1 up front with a 3 man midfield tonight so I would go with:

Robbo, Henley, Spurr, Hanley, Dann, Cairney, Lowe, Taylor, Marshall, King, Rhodes.

£1 on Rovers win 22/1

£1 on double chance Rovers/Draw 13/2

£1 on Rovers to qualify 9/1

So when Rovers win I'll be rich too ;)

Hi Claire, hope you enjoy tonight's game. I've covered all win options in HT/FT bets.

1.50 on both Rovers/Rovers and draw/ Rovers at 66/1 and £3 on Citeh/Rovers at 100/1.

We can but dream.

Nixon suggesting that we will be playing a weakened side with what he's been tweeting. Whether or not he's right is another matter. Tweeted someone saying this @reluctantnicko: @mrmack84 Remarkable team news tonight btw ...

I've a feeling he may start with similar to Leeds away and just go for it.

Really hope we put out a strong side. I'll accept Rhodes on the bench but other than that to see wholesale changes to our usualy starting 11 would be really disappointing.

This is a game where our best 11 can step out without fear of losing and just show what they're capable of and do the travelling fans proud. If we get tonked 6-0 it's not the end of the world and if we can squeeze and draw or a close result it's another step in the right direction that will give the players a great morale boost.

1-1 half time 2-1 citeh full time with a last minute goal.

You're right Tyrone, this Saturday is more important but we are a young, talented side who should be more than capable of playing 2 games in 4 days.

Bowyer's already said he hopes city put out a full strength team in order to really push the players but there's no point in just throwing the reserves out there to get hammered. They won't learn anything. But it can only be a good thing for Cairney, Rhodes, Marshall, Hanley etc... To get to play against some of the best in the world. IMO

I'd play the reserves. The vast number of players we've got at the club should enable us to do that without much loss of ability. This Saturday is more important unfortunately.

And stuff the travelling fans who have paid good money to watch the game?

Archived