BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton tickets

matt83

Just got some tickets and they were £33. Does anyone know why its so hideously expensive? Thought we had a quid pro quo arrangement with Noblot where their fans get into Ewood for £15 and our fans get into the breezeblock for the same.

If it's been changed by them because of their financial situation to get more revenue they will probably end up making same or less because at £15 would take 4-5k ish so away gate receipts £60,000+ but at £33 will prob take 2000 so hardly any more money, certainly nothing worth bothering about for a football club.

Either way once again with football its the fans who take a hit in the pocket. In this division £20 should be maximum for any ticket at £33 they don't deserve a single person in that stadium

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Allegedly Bolton elected not to go for the cheap tickets agreement at the start of the season, thus their fans would have had to pay'category a' prices I think, as they're fairly local.

Either way, £33 is hideous for a day out in Horwich.

I've seen the price of the ticket raised a few times as a reason to not go on Saturday (makes a change from the 'bubble match' reason)

It's another massive game. It's local. Our record there is 0-4 in the last four seasons.

Maybe, just maybe, your support could be the thing that makes a difference

Well were going. I was a bit shocked at the price but as you say it's local so transport costs are low and travel time short making it a cheaper day out than many away games. And it's a long time since I've actually wanted to go to an away match. In fact the last time may have been that appalling match under Kean when we appeared unable to overcome the sympathy feelings after the near death of their player .

I never miss a game at Bolton, but this time i'm making an exception based on the near 100% hike in ticket prices (even more than that in the upper tier).

No chance am I paying £28/£33 for a Championship game, which for many years (even in the PL) has been £15. The product on offer simply does not justify it.

Like i said on the other thread it was the same for Burnley and they took the 2700 when they would normally fill it, especially going for promotion so it's not reserved for us. We had a similar situation years ago with these lot that ended up going tit for tat on tickets. I got some info years ago from a chap who worked for Bowton the upshot being they fell out over prices and allocations etc after some decent crowds. It ended with poor gates and away turnouts and the game was usually on the box so after Rovers did a £10 ticket deal Bolton returned the favour then came the sensible £15 games. Good crowds and away support returned. Bolton have faffed it up again :(

I was just psyching myself up to buying the eight tickets I needed when the wife rang to say that the Breezblock corporate box belonging to the company she works for was going spare this weekend ... and it seats eight! Never look a gift horse etc ... etc!

• Backroom

I was just psyching myself up to buying the eight tickets I needed when the wife rang to say that the Breezblock corporate box belonging to the company she works for was going spare this weekend ... and it seats eight! Never look a gift horse etc ... etc!

Lucky @#/?!

I have said as much on twitter about this to Kamy and others given their dire position in the league & completely agree Matt if it's been charged because of their perilous financial position that is just plain morally wrong

Allegedly Bolton elected not to go for the cheap tickets agreement at the start of the season, thus their fans would have had to pay'category a' prices I think, as they're fairly local.

Either way, £33 is hideous for a day out in Horwich.

agree £33 is hideous for a day out in horwich

Yeah, they paid £25 and we pay £28/£33...

Andy if that is true that is a total and utter disgrace btw on another subject can I send you the q's for the FF to ur facebook email?.

I never miss a game at Bolton, but this time i'm making an exception based on the near 100% hike in ticket prices (even more than that in the upper tier).

No chance am I paying £28/£33 for a Championship game, which for many years (even in the PL) has been £15. The product on offer simply does not justify it.

Ben you totally sum up why it is so outrageous the product on offer does in no way justify the cost.

Walking in the Lakes instead of being ripped off at those prices to watch tosh

I don't blame you Preston at those prices. The reason I have waded into this debate is because I was hoping to have moved by now to Blackburn and the Trotters game is one I would have considered going to and in the future but even if I was living nearby & would consider going next year if they stayed up but at those prices they can well and truly shove it where the sun don't shine!. :angry:

I've seen the price of the ticket raised a few times as a reason to not go on Saturday (makes a change from the 'bubble match' reason)

It's another massive game. It's local. Our record there is 0-4 in the last four seasons.

Maybe, just maybe, your support could be the thing that makes a difference

But it isn't a massive game. It's one crap team playing an average, inconsistent one. This has boring 0-0 written all over it. Add to that the horrible breeze block, awful parking and congestion, huge queues for the train and £30 for a ticket.

I quite fancy going but for two it would cost me £80. The weather forecast is good, I've plenty to do at home and I might get out on my bike. Why would I bother going to Bolton?

This is the reality which football has created. I didn't create the situation the clubs, in general, did. Over priced, over hyped poor to average product results in fans making a choice. Other options are better. However a few years ago this would never have been considered.

If Rovers were more consistently producing decent football I would go. There is more chance of a poor than good performance.

Football is completely blinkered to this problem. I have friends who support a range of different teams, all used to be regular fans, and now I'm the only one who still goes to every home game. All give the same reason, cost, conditions and poor football, saying "why would I want to go?"

The world has moved on and despite what the PL and Sky would have you believe tens of thousands of fans are switching off and disillusioned. You may not believe it but it's the reality of what has and continues to happen.

Just look at Ewood attendances.

But it isn't a massive game. It's one crap team playing an average, inconsistent one. This has boring 0-0 written all over it. Add to that the horrible breeze block, awful parking and congestion, huge queues for the train and £30 for a ticket.

I quite fancy going but for two it would cost me £80. The weather forecast is good, I've plenty to do at home and I might get out on my bike. Why would I bother going to Bolton?

This is the reality which football has created. I didn't create the situation the clubs, in general, did. Over priced, over hyped poor to average product results in fans making a choice. Other options are better. However a few years ago this would never have been considered.

If Rovers were more consistently producing decent football I would go. There is more chance of a poor than good performance.

Football is completely blinkered to this problem. I have friends who support a range of different teams, all used to be regular fans, and now I'm the only one who still goes to every home game. All give the same reason, cost, conditions and poor football, saying "why would I want to go?"

The world has moved on and despite what the PL and Sky would have you believe tens of thousands of fans are switching off and disillusioned. You may not believe it but it's the reality of what has and continues to happen.

Just look at Ewood attendances.

I thinks it's fair to suggest that using Rovers recent gates as a barometer of a decline in football's popularity is spurious given the unique and calamitous set of circumstances that have beset the club.

Recent Premier League attendances also point to the game's popularity standing up very well domestically despite the lingering symptoms of the GFC. Hard headed TV execs shelling out billions for the right to show top flight English football across the Globe also strongly hints at a game in rude health despite spiraling club debt and general mismanagement.

Apparently about 700 tickets left in upper tier, just short of 2k sold thus far. A 2.7k allocation for Bolton away is rather puzzling though!! :rock:

If those sell by friday you'd think they'd open up another section for pay on the day, after all they want the money ? Mind you knowing Gartside he'd want paying up front for the whole section, sell or not !

Something is only worth what you're willing to pay for it. 33 quid for Bolton away? Maybe not, but the chance to see us potentially take 3 points from the reebok makes it worth it for me.

We go into this game on the back of a very good result, with the derby the weekend after. Now is the time to support the lads, hope for a bit of luck and we might get somewhere.

I wasnt going to go due to the cost, I usually go in the home end for this with having a lot of friends who are Wanderers fans (we can drink local then) and the tickets are normally a tenner through a football in the community thing and even that has stopped with all my Wanderers mates bailing it off also due to the cost.

I have been given another mates Bolton season ticket for this though now as he has to work so im happy I can attend, its cost me 4 bottles of ale :tu:

I wasnt going to go due to the cost, I usually go in the home end for this with having a lot of friends who are Wanderers fans (we can drink local then) and the tickets are normally a tenner through a football in the community thing and even that has stopped with all my Wanderers mates bailing it off also due to the cost.

I have been given another mates Bolton season ticket for this though now as he has to work so im happy I can attend, its cost me 4 bottles of ale :tu:

Good luck with the tickets as Bolton are definitely there for the taking but not if Bowyer plays the two stand offs in Lowe and Williamson again.

Archived