BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Yeovil - Good Friday

I don't know what he's said but if he's in any way questioned how the fans reacted then I'd love someone to go and punch him in his stupid boring face.

That was absolutely disgraceful, we played as if the right hand side of the pitch didn't exist, it was like watching a bunch of school kids stood on one side of the pitch because thats only way the goalkeeper can kick. Fair play to Bowyer for spotting Cairney but he's slowly but surely ruining his career. He had no plan B, no idea how to change the game and left it too long to bring Dunn on, just let the game tick past him. The man is absolutely clueless and out of his depth. I don't see how anyone could come on here and defend him after that, that was absolutely indefensible... I'm shocked.

I can put up with conceeding 3 goals because at least we're going for it, but to have your first shot of the 2nd half on 85 minutes is disgusting when chasing promotion.

Deserved a crack at the job but I've seen enough...

BOWYER OUT!

The only thing I would criticise Bowyer for would be the fitness of the players.

Whatever his tactics today - there was just too many attacking players playing well below the standard they are capable of.

I have said it before - but unfortunately Rhodes lack of pace and hold up play does create problems for the team - as the opposition can always play a high line knowing we haven't the pace to get behind them. Today he also had two reasonable headed chances that he put wide - but ultimately it was the whole team that played poorly today - not just Rhodes.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back..........................

....fortunately from a day out! :tu:

Can't comment too much as I didn't follow the game. Though it's unsurprising that we failed yet again.

Seems like I made the right choice big time, especially upon reading the BBC match report, which describes the game with such nuggets as;

"..dismal draw"

"...devoid of any real quality"

".....lack of creativity"

"...little tempo".

3 wins in 12; It's all a bit Kean-esque. We are where we are in a league devoid of quality or consistency..

I am beginning to think I was right about there being something still a bit Keanesque about the goings

on at Ewood, after this performance and what Bowyer said about DJ Campbell being here this week.

It will be a while before anyone changes my mind, I think.

Strange indeed !

I am beginning to think I was right about there being something still a bit Keanesque about the goings

on at Ewood, after this performance and what Bowyer said about DJ Campbell being here this week.

It will be a while before anyone changes my mind, I think.

Strange indeed !

What did he say about DJ?

The only thing I would criticise Bowyer for would be the fitness of the players.

Whatever his tactics today - there was just too many attacking players playing well below the standard they are capable of.

I have said it before - but unfortunately Rhodes lack of pace and hold up play does create problems for the team - as the opposition can always play a high line knowing we haven't the pace to get behind them. Today he also had two reasonable headed chances that he put wide - but ultimately it was the whole team that played poorly today - not just Rhodes.

How you can't criticise him after not putting King or Conway on the wings or not bringing Dunn on early is beyond me mate. As far as having "too many attacking players below what they are capable of" We had 2 holding midfielders, a central midfielder, a winger and 2 forwards with no service... To simply rely on one winger to produce deliveries week in week out is not realistic, I can't agree with that statement.

Poor from those wearing blue and white today. What's happened to cairney! And Williamson...I despair! Rhodes must weigh 6 stone he goes down that easy, and rarely wins a header or does anything if he doesn't score.

GB got subs wrong for me, Rhodes and cairney had to go off.

Dunny's legs have gone completely on that showing.

Well that ranked alongside Charlton and Birmingham as the worst this season.

I am afraid the preperation to the game was way off the mark. The lack of desire from ther players was an insult to the paying customers once again and a total disrespect to Yeovil.

Bowyer's motivational and man management skills are seriously wanting. He is simply not learning and the players certainly are not afraid not to turn up...............that is simply unaccetable after a so called rollicking after the Wednesday capitulation.

To approach the game with an on the beach attitude is unforgiveable.

The Yeovil midfield............ yes Yeovil midfield played through us with ease, It was a good job they had liitle to offer up front.

The Williamson/ Lowe midfield yet again was not up to it, Bowyer is obsessed with that inadequate pairing. Is it any surprise we are frustrated with his selections. Unfortunately the malaise spread to Conway. and Cairney so they ended up having their worst games of the season.

The big questions are starting over Bowyer's managerial capability and so far he is not answering them.

The manager exudes negativity .Pre & post match negativity ,bulling up Yeovil ! .No balance in the side ,an inability to switch play,and relying on Dunny to pull us out.The whole set up at home is to accommodate Rhodes inadequancies,why not play to his strengths and get behind defences,instead of playing narrow.The lack of anybody wide on the right in the second half was laughable.

What a dreadful dreadful dreadful game.

The first save by either goalie, which was still a bit wimpy, was after 84 minutes.

84 flipping minutes.

What a joke of a game.

As expected Perth.

Not the first time Bowyer has had a pop at the fans either :glare:

Well GB can go and frig himself. What a Wally.

I don't know what he's said but if he's in any way questioned how the fans reacted then I'd love someone to go and punch him in his stupid boring face.

That was absolutely disgraceful, we played as if the right hand side of the pitch didn't exist, it was like watching a bunch of school kids stood on one side of the pitch because thats only way the goalkeeper can kick. Fair play to Bowyer for spotting Cairney but he's slowly but surely ruining his career. He had no plan B, no idea how to change the game and left it too long to bring Dunn on, just let the game tick past him. The man is absolutely clueless and out of his depth. I don't see how anyone could come on here and defend him after that, that was absolutely indefensible... I'm shocked.

I can put up with conceeding 3 goals because at least we're going for it, but to have your first shot of the 2nd half on 85 minutes is disgusting when chasing promotion.

Deserved a crack at the job but I've seen enough...

BOWYER OUT!

Sorry.. But like you I really wanted Bowyer to succeed I like his demeanour.. but to often now we've been let down.

There is a man out there who can make a go of it with this squad just worried they and there advisors will fail to appoint the right man

Ah, yes but remember all or most of those games we have had two defensive midfielder's, so no idea how to win a game.

Actually Lowe and Williamson only started together in 2 of those 6 games. Perhaps the most telling thing is though that Lowe started in them all.

For those of you that attended the Bournemouth home game AND this game. How did it compare?

Very similar. Everyone was looking for a reaction to a setback in the previous game and got nothing.

Bournemouth probably just edged it as worse due to the freezing cold and dark evening that consumed it.

At least today was a pleasant walk to and from the ground.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11146726.Furious_Blackburn_Rovers_boss_demands_response/?ref=mc

He got one. Stick to trying to be their mates Gaz.

We had three loanees on the bench today who must be costing us a fortune. When Spurr went off the reshuffle meant we needed a right back. Step forward Todd Kane. No, our genial manager put Lowe there. Why have Kane on the bench? Bewildering. His Keanesque decision making is laughable.

I'd like to say I'm surprised but I didn't see this as a dead cert like some. They have got points against some top teams this season and we tend to struggle against teams we 'should' beat.

No need for such a defensive midfield pairing in Lowe/Williamson. My biggest frustration with GB this season has been his refusal to play one of the best central midfielders in the WHOLE lge on the right side of midfield! He's still done a good job overall, thought we'd be about 14/15th this season so we've done far better than I thought. Next season has to be top six though, that is now a realistic target whereas I dont think it was this season as too many changes were needed.

Archived