BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Yeovil - Good Friday

Just two points from somewhere - either Sheff Wed or Yeovil and the tone of this thread would be very different.

Fine margins in this game, I guess that's why it's so bloody good.

My biggest fear with Bowyer is that he is the players' mate before he's their manager.

That said, it's his team and once he is the other side of the summer he'll have close to a complete team assembled by him.

Have to be realistic with the kind of manager we can attract now. It's not how it used to be. On or off the pitch.

We've experienced so much crap over the past two years that perhaps my expectations have lowered but I remain optimistic.

I think we have some really good footballers in the team and they could (could) be in the mix next season.

I won't let a 0-0 at home to Yeovil ruin my weekend. (Jesus, couldn't imagine saying that a few years ago!)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

But it's not just a 0-0 at home to Yeovil is it? It's the fact that at half time all our rivals were losing and it was the perfect opportunity but we didn't even look bothered about taking it and the comments about consolidating the point sums up his ambitions

I can imagine not being at the game that Lowe and Williamson will have played to their full potential during this game.

What is Bowyer doing when does the penny drop for him regarding these two.

The majority of Bowyer's time as a coach has been working in Academies where the most important objective was to develop players and feed them through to the senior squad, hopefully to get into the first team. As such there wasn't as much emphasis on winning games. I honestly believe that he can't shake off that mentality now he is the manager. The number of games this season where we have settled for a point (yesterday being a prime example) indicates to me that he doesn't have a winning mentality and therefore will never cut it at this level.

Well,what can you say?

Only four seasons ago that result would have been totally unthinkable.It's for me a sorry result that just perfectly highlights our clubs continued spiral of decent and 'dumbing down' of expectation.

Christ,even our manager appears to be apathetic about it all.

So disappointing it's untrue.

Well,what can you say?

Only four seasons ago that result would have been totally unthinkable.It's for me a sorry result that just perfectly highlights our clubs continued spiral of decent and 'dumbing down' of expectation.

Christ,even our manager appears to be apathetic about it all.

So disappointing it's untrue.

Dude we are Stabilty frolicking it's all that matters ... 9 unbeaten ... Boo boys know nowt ...Yeovil areawsome man .... Top ten giddiness .... Happy clap it's fun.... Just add some chad to it ??????!!!???!

Bbb highs????!!!!

The majority of Bowyer's time as a coach has been working in Academies where the most important objective was to develop players and feed them through to the senior squad, hopefully to get into the first team. As such there wasn't as much emphasis on winning games. I honestly believe that he can't shake off that mentality now he is the manager. The number of games this season where we have settled for a point (yesterday being a prime example) indicates to me that he doesn't have a winning mentality and therefore will never cut it at this level.

You could have a point here. But for 'the first team' read 'a Premier League club'.

Maybe the goal is to remain stable and develop players to sell rather than win Rovers matches. That would make the former academy coach a good choice.

Venkys requirements seem to be more about toeing the line and a monthly flight to India. Regardless of the magnitude of matches or the criticality of the transfer window.

To the fans, this was a good chance to head for 6th (a great chance as it panned out).

To the owners, it wasn't even important enough to postpone a business meeting.

You could have a point here. But for 'the first team' read 'a Premier League club'.

Maybe the goal is to remain stable and develop players to sell rather than win Rovers matches. That would make the former academy coach a good choice.

Venkys requirements seem to be more about toeing the line and a monthly flight to India. Regardless of the magnitude of matches or the criticality of the transfer window.

To the fans, this was a good chance to head for 6th (a great chance as it panned out).

To the owners, it wasn't even important enough to postpone a business meeting.

Them being at the ground would have had a negative impact - so staying away was (on this occasion) the best for the club.

Perhaps Bowyer should have done the same?

IMO Bowyer has to answer questions about the teams fitness - but yesterday was just one of those matches where key players just had a bad day. Also credit to Yeovil - though a limited side - they ran their socks off - and you could see why they have taken points off the top sides.

I would be interested how many fans saying we have thrown away a play off position - have been saying we had no chance of play offs for some time - indeed having a go at players and managers for saying we had an outside chance !

Surely the bigger picture is people pay to go and support their team in the hope of seeing them try to win a game, they do not go in the hope of seeing them hold out for a point (unless expectations are really low) , regardless of what league position they are in.

When the manager does talk of a push for the play offs are supporters who have possibly been spurred on by this not allowed to feel cheated and angered by getting the blame because the Manager and His squad has failed to deliver

IMO Bowyer has to answer questions about the teams fitness - but yesterday was just one of those matches where key players just had a bad day. Also credit to Yeovil - though a limited side - they ran their socks off - and you could see why they have taken points off the top sides.

Respect your opinion as I was not at the game, but when a well respected professional comes out and say's they were told to hold out for a point against the bottom of the league then to me that is a negative influence.

Yesterday was the last game this season I could attend and I was looking forward to us getting a win...

What a poor performance that was...

It's almost like we wait for the opposition to score before we think "sh1t we best start playing"

For weeks now the results around us have been kind and we just haven't grabbed the opportunity and I'm sick to death of seeing youtube videos and articles around "we can go on a run" and "there are still twists to come" and "we will put it right" and "we will be fighting to the end"

Just get on with it then!

Christ, we have totally bottled it.

Arte et labore well and truly ignored...

Just two points from somewhere - either Sheff Wed or Yeovil and the tone of this thread would be very different.

Fine margins in this game, I guess that's why it's so bloody good.

My biggest fear with Bowyer is that he is the players' mate before he's their manager.

That said, it's his team and once he is the other side of the summer he'll have close to a complete team assembled by him.

Have to be realistic with the kind of manager we can attract now. It's not how it used to be. On or off the pitch.

We've experienced so much crap over the past two years that perhaps my expectations have lowered but I remain optimistic.

I think we have some really good footballers in the team and they could (could) be in the mix next season.

I won't let a 0-0 at home to Yeovil ruin my weekend. (Jesus, couldn't imagine saying that a few years ago!)

Good points about being a mate. That's because he is a coach, a youth team one at that albeit a good one. It shines through in everything he does. Don't anyone tell me we can't do better because we can. Will Venkys do better NO. Yes Mr B, No Mr B, When is the Queeen of India next coming to waft through our doors for 65 mins Mr Everton ?

Them being at the ground would have had a negative impact - so staying away was (on this occasion) the best for the club.

How remarkably selfless of them to put the needs of the team first.

I guess the same goes for the many games they've not been able to see in the last 3 years because they've not been there.

Just a shame it's not had the desired effect of getting us into the champions' league.

Instead of not attending matches in the hope that it'll spur us on to a win, I suggest a different strategy. Get a manager in who can tell his arse from his elbow.

Tenth would be ideal for Bowyer, easier to improve on next season and therefore show the Poonatics we are moving in the right direction.

You mean they all preserve the right to stay on the gravy train for another 12 months. Perish the thought lol. Give GB 10 mill to spend in the summer and we'd still play the same way next season guaranteed !

I can imagine not being at the game that Lowe and Williamson will have played to their full potential during this game.

What is Bowyer doing when does the penny drop for him regarding these two.

To be fair the majority of the match yesterday, Lowe did not play central midfield but at right back.

If we did seriously set-up for a point against the team rock bottom of the league at home - then that is an absolute disgrace and the fans - rather than getting insulted should have been given a refund. We've been safe from relegation for a while now (so there goes that excuse) so there should have been no fear going all out for wins kind of performances.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't give a flying crap whether we finish in the magical 10th position that we seem to be aiming for. It's ridiculous!!!

Apart from GB's own agenda is there any advantage to finishing 10th as opposed to say,12th? This league is so inconsistent that even a bit more effort in just a couple of games and we'd be in the final play-off position even though we've played rubbish for the majority of the season.

I'd prefer death or glory. Instead we've got rabbit in the headlights..........and I don't see any evidence that it will be any better next season. Well, apart from maybe aspiring to finish 9th.

I'd like to see the season ticket marketing for that one.

Archived