BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Yeovil - Good Friday

You're a pr1ck yoda and a cyber bully, 2 posts on the last 2 pages you're having a pop at Chaddy AGAIN and he's not even online.

You need banning for a while, everyone hates bullying and you've got away with it for far to long in my opinion.

Thought this was a message board where you post opinions, not my fault he is not online, I am sure he will catch up later,

Is calling someone a male part of the body and bypassing the swear filter a banning offense, it used to be

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to have a vicious rant like last week but once again Bowyer has let us down.

We all know Lowe and Williamson cannot start together in central midfield yet one again we revert back to this pairing despite the presence of Evans on the bench and Cairney wasted out on the wing. Injury to Spurr forced Bowyers hand to bring Evans in there and straight away we started playing balls forward rather than back/sideways.

By half time it was blatantly obvious that we were creating very little against a poor side. However we once again followed the "Rookie Manager's Handbook" to the letter by refusing to make another change until the 65th minute. When we did have a bit of a go at the end, it all went through Dunn. Pity he wasn't given an extra 20 minutes by coming on at half time.

The most worrying aspect was the lack of motivation on display right up to the last 5 minutes. The players (who need to shoulder some responsibility) strolled around for long spells as though they were just expecting to eventually score against the bottom of the league. There was very little movement off the ball, especially up front where Rhodes and Gestede were largely static. We were in the last chance saloon today but there was a distinct lack of motivation on display

Bowyer has managed Rovers in 60 game now. The "Rookie" tag can only stick for so long. Finances permitting, he will probably improve the squad again in the summer. However if he cannot learn from his mistakes then we will continue to throw points away again and again which will ultimately prove costly.

No. But yeovil are a good side cos they drew with (already promoted) Leicester.

Robbo just said on RR that manager wanted us to protect the point and not lose a late goal.... And that is why bowyer must go. We had nothing at all to lose.

Seriously?

I'm dumbfounded.

Thought this was a message board where you post opinions, not my fault he is not online, I am sure he will catch up later,

Is calling someone a male part of the body and bypassing the swear filter a banning offense, it used to be

You're also a bit thick if you think bullying someone comes anywhere close to posting an opinion on a football messageboard.

• Moderation Lead

Re the above-surely you're no better with the name calling?

People are going way over the top with their reactions to Chaddy's treatment, as if he's angelic!!

You're also a bit thick if you think bullying someone comes anywhere close to posting an opinion on a football messageboard.

If you say so, did Chaddy say I was bullying him by the way?

Why would you not go for broke when a place in the ply offs depended on it?! To be satisfied with a top 10 place when 6th is on the table is mental in my opinion. Bowyer out!!

Makes you wonder if he is being influenced in some way

Back to the game:

Gary Bowyer's pre-match prediction that Yeovil Town would be tough opposition rang true as Rovers had to settle for a point in a goalless draw.

Against a Glovers side fighting for their Championship lives Rovers struggled to carve out any clear-cut opportunities, the best of them coming after just four minutes when Jason Lowe struck a post.

Rovers threw on forwards David Dunn and Josh King in the final half hour, but despite plenty of possession they couldn't fashion the one chance needed to win the game.

"If you look at all the lads in terms of the performances that they've produced over the season, then they've not reached those standards that they know they can," the manager told Radio Rovers.

"We looked a little bit nervy, we passed it off when somebody might have taken that opportunity to shoot.

"We said before the game that there would be no easy match, we knew Yeovil would come to try and nick a point and they've done it.

"They did that away at Leicester who have won the league, they drew last week with Bournemouth. There's no divine right to win any football match in this league.

"You always have to turn up and compete and I thought we did that, you have to be good at both ends of the pitch. We were good at our end of the pitch as I can't remember Robbo having to make a save. But at their end we haven't troubled their goalkeeper enough, it is simple.

"We haven't been cute enough in the final third today and that is it, we huffed and puffed.

"But we can't sulk, we can't feel sorry for ourselves. We'll regroup, we'll get the smiles back on the faces and we go again ready for Birmingham on Monday."

• Moderation Lead

There is no way any manager should be happy with a 0-0 at home to the rock bottom team.

In the same breath, the players shouldn't either, they should have far more professional pride than that.

Such a disappointment, we simply did not turn up which is truly unforgivable!!

Listened to Bowyer then Robbo on RR, think I need a lie down, after that performance HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE FANS REACTION!!!! For the record I didn't boo but I understand that the absolute no show on the pitch warrented people to show the players the stroll on the pitch was not acceptable!

Bowyer's insistence on playing 'wide' midfielders on their 'wrong' flank was shown up today. We were far too narrow and as a result we made the pitch small. Easy for Yeovil to get 10 behind the ball and lead the rovers players into a congested midfield.

To be honest I'm amazed he didn't act on this by swapping them over.

Apart from that we never looked up for it today. When you consider that Bowyer has been talking of 4 cup finals one has to wonder if he can convey that to the players. The lack of tempo and urgency was shocking.

Story of our season really we can't break sides down who come here to play with 10 men behind the ball and nick one on the break. That's Wednesday, Charlton, Huddersfield, Reading, Bournemouth and now Yeovil that have all done the same and got at least a point and three in some cases.

Ah, yes but remember all or most of those games we have had two defensive midfielder's, so no idea how to win a game.

I don't know what he's said but if he's in any way questioned how the fans reacted then I'd love someone to go and punch him in his stupid boring face.

That was absolutely disgraceful, we played as if the right hand side of the pitch didn't exist, it was like watching a bunch of school kids stood on one side of the pitch because thats only way the goalkeeper can kick. Fair play to Bowyer for spotting Cairney but he's slowly but surely ruining his career. He had no plan B, no idea how to change the game and left it too long to bring Dunn on, just let the game tick past him. The man is absolutely clueless and out of his depth. I don't see how anyone could come on here and defend him after that, that was absolutely indefensible... I'm shocked.

I can put up with conceeding 3 goals because at least we're going for it, but to have your first shot of the 2nd half on 85 minutes is disgusting when chasing promotion.

Deserved a crack at the job but I've seen enough...

BOWYER OUT!

So it's the fans fault for not getting behind the players and he's told the players to secure a draw even though a win would've taken us to within a point of the play-offs.

He's beginning to give me the needle now. If it carries on like this then next season all of his hair will fall out and he'll gabble on about "kicking on"; "take the positives" etc.

I despair, I really do.

Absolute no right wing. Madness

Absolutely spot on this comment. I think second half, everyone in the Riverside knew this. Maybe they need to move the dugout over there.

I had been really looking forward to this this game. A morale boosting victory against a team that will be in League One next season. A chance to show the home fans what the away fans get to see. Safe from the spectre of relegation, nothing to gain from being negative. Nothing to lose from simply going for it.

I sometimes think that he is trying to prove a point about the Ewood faithful. His home performances generate little or no excitement (goals aside) yet he wants the fans to clap and sing - with nothing to clap at and nothing to sing about.

The players are playing within themselves - in order to deliver the managers game plan IMHO. Robbo himself said that it wasn't through lack of effort today. What was it then, lack of skill? For me it was the lack of ideas from the manager. The person the buck normally stops with. Unless you have had three previous imposters, then you get a free pass - indefinitely.

Bowyer or "Gaz" has taken us as far as he can go. No doubt he's made some cracking signings, but he's far too negative and can't change a game. It will be the same next season and to put it bluntly, Bowyer out! Top 6 was on the table and within touching distance, but at least there's "stability" eh,

Bowyer's insistence on playing 'wide' midfielders on their 'wrong' flank was shown up today. We were far too narrow and as a result we made the pitch small. Easy for Yeovil to get 10 behind the ball and lead the rovers players into a congested midfield.

To be honest I'm amazed he didn't act on this by swapping them over.

Apart from that we never looked up for it today. When you consider that Bowyer has been talking of 4 cup finals one has to wonder if he can convey that to the players. The lack of tempo and urgency was shocking.

Couldn't agree more. We were saying as much in the seats around us.

Why can we all see it, but the manager can't?

I really wanted him to turn out to be the manager we were all hoping he would be but that's just not going to happen... The bloke isn't a manager. I'm thankful for the job he did last season and like I say, he deserved a crack but I'd like him to hav the decency to step down because there are plenty of fans starting to resent him (me included)... Especially after this match.

Always disliked Mick Mccarthy but i'm convinced that he'd get a squad like ours promoted. I have absolutely no faith that Venkys could appoint a manager that the fans would be happy with but I'm going to cross my fingers that they saw what I saw today, sack him and appoint someone capable.

Thanks Gaz but no thanks.

Archived