BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So? 

He isn’t there to go full pelt and potentially relapse. Or to get crunched in a 50/50. It’s a cotton wool job. ‘Minutes under his belt’

That is literally it, bizarre that this still needs explaining to you.

So in your opinion, when will Dack be back, match fit, considering he has had 3, 90 minute games, under his belt.

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

Dack playing for U23s tonight v Derby. Rovers 2 1 up with 15m to go.

Sharpe writes "The big news is that Bradley Dack starts for Rovers, captaining the side on his sixth appearance since his return from injury. Great credit to Dack to feature in this, having been involved in the last three first-team fixtures and many of the senior players given a few days off during the international break, for Dack to be involved says plenty about his character. Will benefit undoubtedly from more match minutes, even at Under-23s level."

Sharpe is talking cobblers about what it says for Dack's character though. It doesn't really say anything. He has been out for about a year, picking up a handsome wage for no end product. Any footballer worth the name would miss playing, but on top of that we don't have another game soon because of the international break so he has a nice rest after it, and getting himself sharp and firing us to the Prem could be his career defining moment, as well as a huge bank balance boosting one.

Of course he played in the game. No need to blow smoke up his arse for it.

I thought Dack looked fitter and sharper last night that he has in any game since he came back. He tired, understandably, towards the end but out in a real shift quite often picking the ball up deep and getting us on the front foot. It will be a while yet before we see anything like the Dack we want but I think his comeback has been managed well so far.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Sharpe is talking cobblers about what it says for Dack's character though. It doesn't really say anything. He has been out for about a year, picking up a handsome wage for no end product. Any footballer worth the name would miss playing, but on top of that we don't have another game soon because of the international break so he has a nice rest after it, and getting himself sharp and firing us to the Prem could be his career defining moment, as well as a huge bank balance boosting one.

Of course he played in the game. No need to blow smoke up his arse for it.

His wages have been covered by the high cost insurance policy in place !

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Irrelevant to my point. 

How? You insinuated that his handsome wedge was in some way not deserved or a iron bar across the throats of BRFC, that is how I read it.

He is an employee and got injured in the course of doing his work. He and the club have insurance policies so in my view its a pretty mute point you are making. But that is of course only my opinion.

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

How? You insinuated that his handsome wedge was in some way not deserved or a iron bar across the throats of BRFC, that is how I read it.

He is an employee and got injured in the course of doing his work. He and the club have insurance policies so in my view its a pretty mute point you are making. But that is of course only my opinion.

No, I didn't insinuate that. You decided to take that from it. I don't know why, probably because you're always hyper sensitive and hyper defensive when it comes to the club and staff.

And you mean 'moot' point.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

No, I didn't insinuate that. You decided to take that from it. I don't know why, probably because you're always hyper sensitive and hyper defensive when it comes to the club and staff.

And you mean 'moot' point.

Hyper defensive and sensitive? Don’t make me laugh I am as critical as most fans when I see fit but I am also ever afraid to back the club when it’s due 

47 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Very impressive victory over man utd u18s today. I often hear that our youth system gets their rejects.... no idea if it's first 11 vs first 11, but they are having a great season.

The only thing that weakens our U18s, is the amount of players that are being picked for the U23s. It's a good position to be in.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Very impressive victory over man utd u18s today. I often hear that our youth system gets their rejects.... no idea if it's first 11 vs first 11, but they are having a great season.

4-1 eh? Nice. Most of the goals were in the last 20 minutes but who cares. Leonard and Wood seem to be prospects.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rigger said:

The ones that stand out for me are, Ash Phillips, Adam Wharton and Jake Batty.

Absolutely, that seems to be the consensus. The two I mentioned don't seem to get as much attention though, but they have decent scoring records this season. Mind, all these promising attackers never seem to amount to anything with us. We haven't had a striker break through properly since Gally and Derbs.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Absolutely, that seems to be the consensus. The two I mentioned don't seem to get as much attention though, but they have decent scoring records this season. Mind, all these promising attackers never seem to amount to anything with us. We haven't had a striker break through properly since Gally and Derbs.

Wood and Leonard are in good form at the moment. Phillips, Wharton and Batty, to me look like they will become first team players in a couple of years. 

• Like 1

Jake Batty played in England U17s shock 2-0 defeat to Luxembourg U17s. They miss out on the Euro U17s tournament as a result.

Edit: Rovers website reports Dan Pike returns to Rovers with agreement of loan club, AFC Fylde. He hasn't played their last two games, so uncertain about his health and fitness.

Edited by riverholmes