BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Survey: Does Gary Bowyer have your backing?

Gary travels to Pune soon and the line being fed to the owners is that he has the backing of the majority of fans, from what I have seen and heard from the fanbase this is not correct. So I have setup a survey to find out feelings of the fans, of course this does not include all fans as quite a lot of fans don't use the internet/social media but IF I can get 3500 plus respondents then I believe that it would be a representative sample and I will get them fed back to Mrs D.

So the question is simple,do you want Gary Bowyer to remain manager of Blackburn Rovers: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/35JYHGS

My answer is no. I like Gary as a person but football is a results business and not mounting a serious challenge for a top 6 was a big failing of last season, this coupled with some of the most negative football that I have ever seen and the tactical failings at times have led me to lose faith in him. He should be given huge credit for stabilising us and for some of the fantastic signings that he has made.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trouble is with those running our club - if Bowyer goes we could get an Appleton, Berg or Kean - type replacement.

If you are telling them to get rid I would give them a shortlist of decent replacements - otherwise Shaw will get another kickback picking one of his mates.

"Give it right good go" Gary is magnificent.

Top quality, well done.

Sadly, not for me. We needed to move GB on in the autumn in my opinion.

He should be replaced by either Billy Davies, Warburton, Hill, Flitcroft (David), Hasselbaink or Ainsworth in that order in my view.

It's not that black and white Kamy.

I voted yes, because if there was something I wanted to ask or tell the owners, it would be what is the long term plan?

I support GB because I believe that we need someone who cares. I can't simply sit here and say that I'd gladly give that up for a better chance of a guarantee of promotion with this current structure in place.

Until it becomes clear that (what bucks rover said) we will return to a professional policy of hiring the best for their positions- I just can't ask for the sacking of a manager who at least gives stability.

If the season starts and we are bottom after 6 games, things may alter quickly.

It's an awkward one. I think it's time for change and I've seen enough to suggest even if he kept this team together and somehow was able to strengthen it we'd still only see the same approach and messing about next season, that's him in a nutshell. Although is it ALL down to him, not so sure on that either.

The other side of the coin is I wouldn't really want change just for changes sake like Short or someone. It would need to be an attempt at a step in the right direction not just window dressing. Although he winds me up it's hard to justify just sacking him for the sake of it after the overall job he's done. I also don't really think his football is negative just seriously over cautious too often.

Gary travels to Pune soon and the line being fed to the owners is that he has the backing of the majority of fans, from what I have seen and heard from the fanbase this is not correct. So I have setup a survey to find out feelings of the fans, of course this does not include all fans as quite a lot of fans don't use the internet/social media but IF I can get 3500 plus respondents then I believe that it would be a representative sample and I will get them fed back to Mrs D.

So the question is simple,do you want Gary Bowyer to remain manager of Blackburn Rovers: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/35JYHGS

My answer is no. I like Gary as a person but football is a results business and not mounting a serious challenge for a top 6 was a big failing of last season, this coupled with some of the most negative football that I have ever seen and the tactical failings at times have led me to lose faith in him. He should be given huge credit for stabilising us and for some of the fantastic signings that he has made.

how do you know that this is the line being fed to Pune and who is doing the feeding?

are we going to start a 'manager out' survey everytime we don't get in the play-offs or the manager falls short of expectations and send it out to Pune? What if the next manager fails to deliver on the fans expectations, how long will he get?

He stabilised the club and made some great signings = BOWYER OUT! Feck me

anyway, you're preaching to the converted on here so expect some witty one liners about 'stability' ';having a right good go' (Dyche said the exact same thing about Burnley after they got relegated yesterday)

I'm genuinly excited about who the Venksters have got lined up for us next. Craig Short? Forget that though, Bowyer Out and damn the consequences because we demand SUCCESS NOW because WE ARE ENTITLED ;)

It's not that black and white Kamy.

I voted yes, because if there was something I wanted to ask or tell the owners, it would be what is the long term plan?

I support GB because I believe that we need someone who cares. I can't simply sit here and say that I'd gladly give that up for a better chance of a guarantee of promotion with this current structure in place.

Until it becomes clear that (what bucks rover said) we will return to a professional policy of hiring the best for their positions- I just can't ask for the sacking of a manager who at least gives stability.

If the season starts and we are bottom after 6 games, things may alter quickly.

By that point it will be too late. Any recruitment and pre-season will have been wasted. It's no good waiting until the ship sails to buy a ticket.

Top quality, well done.

Sadly, not for me. We needed to move GB on in the autumn in my opinion.

He should be replaced by either Billy Davies, Warburton, Hill, Flitcroft (David), Hasselbaink or Ainsworth in that order in my view.

Warburton because he has done it in this league. Billy Davies has also done it in this league but will just want to fight everybody and after about 6 months, nobody will turn up for work and he'll be alone at Brockhall wandering around the training pitches swearing and looking angry. The rest may do ok but could equally be a huge disaster and none of them have shown they've got what it takes to take a team from The Championship to the Prem on a shoestring.We'll just have to hope Dyche or McCarthy fancy managing us this summer.

Warburton because he has done it in this league. Billy Davies has also done it in this league but will just want to fight everybody and after about 6 months, nobody will turn up for work and he'll be alone at Brockhall wandering around the training pitches swearing and looking angry. The rest may do ok but could equally be a huge disaster and none of them have shown they've got what it takes to take a team from The Championship to the Prem on a shoestring.We'll just have to hope Dyche or McCarthy fancy managing us this summer.

Davies is a nut job alright but I'd go for him as he has experience, has got a team up from the Championship and is available. We might have a chance with Warburton as QPR and Fulham seem to be sticking with their current bosses. He is flavour of the month which worries me a bit. Same with Hasselbaink I suppose and he doesn't have much experience despite having done really well at Burton. I like that Hill, Flitcroft and, to a lesser extent Ainsworth, have earned their stripes amongst the muck and bullets of the lower leagues. Hill and Flitcroft have both rebounded from sackings which says a lot about them for me.

Anyone coming in now is a risk, it's stick or twist time for the club. If the owners want us to go up I reckon they have to twist.

Would be better to tell them whether or not Venky's have the backing of the fans.

God knows, I'm not Gary Bowyer's biggest fan, but he is not the origin of all of our problems.

There's one single origin, and that is Venky's. Even if they binned off Bowyer and actually managed to hire an experienced manager who was successful, they'd only ever be one dumb decision from sending us into oblivion. Who knows, maybe they'd re-hire Kean.

To go to the trouble of telling them anything is in my view a totally wasted effort because they do not care, they will not change and they will not listen. They go about business in a certain way, they want to be treated like kings, they demand obsequiousness, they encourage sycophancy, they are impressed by fine, unsubstantiated words - talent and ethical behaviour don't appear to show up on their radar. They are toxic and it would be crazy to think they'll suddenly change their have an epiphany and morph into socially responsible owners who'll do the right thing.

I'm done with wasting my time with futile hope that things will change for the better with some miracle intervention whilst the sword of damocles dangles above us with a thread sponsored by the Bank of India. Life is far too short and precious to burn it up with hate and forlorn broken dreams and unanswered supplications on genuflected knee.

I appreciate the efforts Kamy has gone to and hope that he has success but I can't fill out the form, sorry.

I think the only thing left to do is to wait until these would-be Nero's tire of us and find some way to dispose of us. Hopefully, they'll be some sort of club left that could be salvaged

how do you know that this is the line being fed to Pune and who is doing the feeding?

are we going to start a 'manager out' survey everytime we don't get in the play-offs or the manager falls short of expectations and send it out to Pune? What if the next manager fails to deliver on the fans expectations, how long will he get?

He stabilised the club and made some great signings = BOWYER OUT! Feck me

anyway, you're preaching to the converted on here so expect some witty one liners about 'stability' ';having a right good go' (Dyche said the exact same thing about Burnley after they got relegated yesterday)

I'm genuinly excited about who the Venksters have got lined up for us next. Craig Short? Forget that though, Bowyer Out and damn the consequences because we demand SUCCESS NOW because WE ARE ENTITLED ;)

"Great signings": Gestede and... Kilgallon?

Who else? The rest of his signings seem average at best, with the likes of Evans (£800k) and Marshall (£1mill) commanding a far greater fee than they should have.

I'd say other than the top two, Cairney and Conway have been the other decent signings with Baptiste a good loan signing. The rest have been pretty pants.

Davies is a nut job alright but I'd go for him as he has experience, has got a team up from the Championship and is available. We might have a chance with Warburton as QPR and Fulham seem to be sticking with their current bosses. He is flavour of the month which worries me a bit. Same with Hasselbaink I suppose and he doesn't have much experience despite having done really well at Burton. I like that Hill, Flitcroft and, to a lesser extent Ainsworth, have earned their stripes amongst the muck and bullets of the lower leagues. Hill and Flitcroft have both rebounded from sackings which says a lot about them for me.

Anyone coming in now is a risk, it's stick or twist time for the club. If the owners want us to go up I reckon they have to twist.

i thnik that's where most of the disagreements on this board come from, do we stick or twist. Personally i've no appetite for that risk UNLESS it is someone that the fanbase can unify behind and who has the ability to take not just the team forward but the club as a whole. Someone who can make the Academy work for the 1st team, who has contacts all over Europe and uses the most progressive of coaching and sports science techniques. Whoever gets the job may not have a lot of money but will have some of the best facilities in the country and free reign from the owners, because lets be honest they don't interfere even when they should (Kean).

Duffy plays well with Killa (not so much with Hanley) so I'd say he's one. Marshall was a great signing too imo, he just needs to play as well as he did up until Christmas every game.

I would say he has my gratitude but not my backing.

Same old negative football, bizarre team selections/substitutions, often gets it wrong tactically, continually chops and changes so no continuity. All the while peddling this ludicrous notion that we're somehow in the play off mix because he'd really like us to be. Having an eye for a good young player isn't enough when you consider he doesn't know what to do with them or how to get the best out of them.

I have zero faith in him as a manager but no faith in the Indian mob picking a competent replacement hence the keany life as a rovers fan 2011 onwards.

i thnik that's where most of the disagreements on this board come from, do we stick or twist. Personally i've no appetite for that risk UNLESS it is someone that the fanbase can unify behind and who has the ability to take not just the team forward but the club as a whole. Someone who can make the Academy work for the 1st team, who has contacts all over Europe and uses the most progressive of coaching and sports science techniques. Whoever gets the job may not have a lot of money but will have some of the best facilities in the country and free reign from the owners, because lets be honest they don't interfere even when they should (Kean).

There won't be many around that tick all those boxes. The Boro boss might be one, conversly Steve McLaren another. A tough gig for someone at Rovers to find a Karanka if Venkys decide to pot Bowyer and you can see why some people would rather stick than twist.

"Great signings": Gestede and... Kilgallon?

Who else? The rest of his signings seem average at best, with the likes of Evans (£800k) and Marshall (£1mill) commanding a far greater fee than they should have.

I'd say other than the top two, Cairney and Conway have been the other decent signings with Baptiste a good loan signing. The rest have been pretty pants.

ask Kamy, he used the word 'fantastic'

But anyway, i know you're one of those that doesn't given any credit to Bowyer so i'll try and add some balance to your post ;)

Marshall was heavily linked with a £2.5m move to WBA when he was on form earlier this season. If we did sell him we'd at least get our money back. Since the speculation he's been @#/?. Maybe he wants a move because he certainly has the ability to play in the Prem, but maybe not the attitude.

Baptiste has been excellent.

Conway, like Marshall, has been exceptional in spells. He cost £100k. Not many with his number of assists over the last 18 months.

Duffy at £300k could be an excellent signing if partnered with the right player. Playing alongside hanley destroyed his confidence after an excellent start.

Eastwood and Steele have both shown good ability. They cost £100k between them for 2 Championship keepers.

Spurr has been good value on a free, even if the emergence of Olsson (because of Bowyer) and injury has left him sidelined a bit.

Evans was good till his injury but this season he's been poor and not worth £800k. Lets hope he gets a good pre-season behind

him and gets back to the form he showed when he signed.

A lot of his other signings have been freebies brought in as back up. Some of them will be off next month. That's what happens at most clubs with no money to spend. Hopefully we'll get some quality freebies this summer. Keep the faith Mustard!

This is the worry. We all seem certain, bar a miracle, that Bowyer isn't the one to take us up/even to the playoffs as he seemingly hasn't learned from his mistakes (particularly tactically) in near 3 years. As midtable Championship mediocrity corrodes our finances, I think a change is needed to (hopefully) take us up and secure our future. A twist is necessary now more than ever.

Duffy plays well with Killa (not so much with Hanley) so I'd say he's one. Marshall was a great signing too imo, he just needs to play as well as he did up until Christmas every game.

Duffy will never get played with Killa under Bowyer unless Hanley is injured. I like Duffy but Bowyer prefers Hanley. Says a lot. Marshall is a great player in spells but he's not worth £1mill. He doesn't contribute enough on a consistent basis.

Not got my backing, never really has, he sounds more and more like Kean every game, then again as has been pointed out its the venkys who are the crux of the matter. Until we get rid of them we will never feel safe when it comes to appointments. At least John Williams knew when he made a mistake and rectified it. These cnuts will never do that. We need a disciplinarian who will whip these players into shape and get them performing, my dream appointment would be bring back souness, my realistic choice would be Warburton

Archived