BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Survey: Does Gary Bowyer have your backing?

Not got my backing, never really has, he sounds more and more like Kean every game, then again as has been pointed out its the venkys who are the crux of the matter. Until we get rid of them we will never feel safe when it comes to appointments. At least John Williams knew when he made a mistake and rectified it. These cnuts will never do that. We need a disciplinarian who will whip these players into sshape and get them performing, my dream appointment would be bring back souness, my realistic choice would be wWarburton

a cheque-book manager with a poor record of developing young players is the complete opposite of what we need. The football world has moved on. We'd be better off with Ron Manager.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ask Kamy, he used the word 'fantastic'

But anyway, i know you're one of those that doesn't given any credit to Bowyer so i'll try and add some balance to your post ;)

Marshall was heavily linked with a £2.5m move to WBA when he was on form earlier this season. If we did sell him we'd at least get our money back. Since the speculation he's been @#/?. Maybe he wants a move because he certainly has the ability to play in the Prem, but maybe not the attitude.

Baptiste has been excellent.

Conway, like Marshall, has been exceptional in spells. He cost £100k. Not many with his number of assists over the last 18 months.

Duffy at £300k could be an excellent signing if partnered with the right player. Playing alongside hanley destroyed his confidence after an excellent start.

Eastwood and Steele have both shown good ability. They cost £100k between them for 2 Championship keepers.

Spurr has been good value on a free, even if the emergence of Olsson (because of Bowyer) and injury has left him sidelined a bit.

Evans was good till his injury but this season he's been poor and not worth £800k. Lets hope he gets a good pre-season behind

him and gets back to the form he showed when he signed.

A lot of his other signings have been freebies brought in as back up. Some of them will be off next month. That's what happens at most clubs with no money to spend. Hopefully we'll get some quality freebies this summer. Keep the faith Mustard!

For me the good signings are Rudy, Conway, Duffy and Marshall. Eastwood has done decent also. The rest I dont' really rate. Cairney and Spurr are way overated.

• Backroom

I'm one of those who believes he's assembled a Championship-dominating side, but doesn't know how to do it.

As mentioned by someone above, he has my gratitude but not necessarily my backing.

ask Kamy, he used the word 'fantastic'

But anyway, i know you're one of those that doesn't given any credit to Bowyer so i'll try and add some balance to your post ;)

Marshall was heavily linked with a £2.5m move to WBA when he was on form earlier this season. If we did sell him we'd at least get our money back. Since the speculation he's been @#/?. Maybe he wants a move because he certainly has the ability to play in the Prem, but maybe not the attitude.

Baptiste has been excellent.

Conway, like Marshall, has been exceptional in spells. He cost £100k. Not many with his number of assists over the last 18 months.

Duffy at £300k could be an excellent signing if partnered with the right player. Playing alongside hanley destroyed his confidence after an excellent start.

Eastwood and Steele have both shown good ability. They cost £100k between them for 2 Championship keepers.

Spurr has been good value on a free, even if the emergence of Olsson (because of Bowyer) and injury has left him sidelined a bit.

Evans was good till his injury but this season he's been poor and not worth £800k. Lets hope he gets a good pre-season behind

him and gets back to the form he showed when he signed.

A lot of his other signings have been freebies brought in as back up. Some of them will be off next month. That's what happens at most clubs with no money to spend. Hopefully we'll get some quality freebies this summer. Keep the faith Mustard!

Haha I'll give Bowyer credit where it's due, I think he's done a good job of stabilising the team and I think he's an ok manager. I do, however, think his weaknesses outweigh his strengths. Maybe he has an eye for a player, but he struggles to bring out the best in them.

I'm not sure Marshall will command such a high fee, I'd imagine we will get our money back though. Perhaps he has an attitude, perhaps he's been frustrated with the tinkering himself?

Conway is a great signing for the price, this season he has been disappointing though.

I thought Steele was around £300k but a decent enough signing for the money as I think he has potential.

Personally I don't rate Spurr. I think he is consistent but too slow and doesn't offer enough going forward. Personally I think he's a League One/lower Champ player. Olsson emerged because Spurr was injured and Bowyer had no one else to play left back haha. Sure I heard he was touted out last summer but I think he's been great since he's been in the team.

I agree, Duffy would be a great signing IF partnered with the right player, however do you have faith in Bowyer playing him? Bowyer is too favourable towards Hanley and that's the way it will stay unfortunately.

Yeah I know there's been a lot of freebies, some good, some bad but Bowyer has spent over £3mill since he's taken over (Duffy £1.2mill incl add ons, Cairney £500k, Evans £800k, Marshall £1mill, Rudy and Conway £400k for the two). Some of them shrewd signings, but he's spent a decent amount.

My worries for next season are the exact same as the worries I had at the start of this season past: too much tinkering, negative/cautious football, poor tactics/subs (or a lack of).

Aside from Gestede I think pound for pound Conway has been his best signing. A cracking player on his day if unspectacular but he puts a shift in and anyone with his amount of assists can't be bad. Although him and Rudy go hand in hand somewhat and take Rudy out of it and we are going to need someone on the end of those crosses. Brown ISN'T that man.

Mark Warburton x1000 for me.

Cheers Gaz but you had your chance and came up short.

Those too afraid of change because of previous managers... Dare to dream and 'Think Big' a wise man once said.

• Backroom

No, for me. He's overperformed in terms of his overall experience, imo, but underperformed in terms of what we need as a club. Next season is likely to be the most difficult season since we've been in this league, and I fear if Gary remains in charge we'll be looking at a relegation fight.

I'd be more than happy for him to remain at the club in some capacity, but get the feeling he'd no longer take that step down.

Haha I'll give Bowyer credit where it's due, I think he's done a good job of stabilising the team and I think he's an ok manager. I do, however, think his weaknesses outweigh his strengths. Maybe he has an eye for a player, but he struggles to bring out the best in them.

I'm not sure Marshall will command such a high fee, I'd imagine we will get our money back though. Perhaps he has an attitude, perhaps he's been frustrated with the tinkering himself?

Conway is a great signing for the price, this season he has been disappointing though.

I thought Steele was around £300k but a decent enough signing for the money as I think he has potential.

Personally I don't rate Spurr. I think he is consistent but too slow and doesn't offer enough going forward. Personally I think he's a League One/lower Champ player. Olsson emerged because Spurr was injured and Bowyer had no one else to play left back haha. Sure I heard he was touted out last summer but I think he's been great since he's been in the team.

I agree, Duffy would be a great signing IF partnered with the right player, however do you have faith in Bowyer playing him? Bowyer is too favourable towards Hanley and that's the way it will stay unfortunately.

Yeah I know there's been a lot of freebies, some good, some bad but Bowyer has spent over £3mill since he's taken over (Duffy £1.2mill incl add ons, Cairney £500k, Evans £800k, Marshall £1mill, Rudy and Conway £400k for the two). Some of them shrewd signings, but he's spent a decent amount.

My worries for next season are the exact same as the worries I had at the start of this season past: too much tinkering, negative/cautious football, poor tactics/subs (or a lack of).

Duffy was £300k with the potential for it going to £1.2m with add-ons.

Gary travels to Pune soon and the line being fed to the owners is that he has the backing of the majority of fans, from what I have seen and heard from the fanbase this is not correct. So I have setup a survey to find out feelings of the fans, of course this does not include all fans as quite a lot of fans don't use the internet/social media but IF I can get 3500 plus respondents then I believe that it would be a representative sample and I will get them fed back to Mrs D.

So the question is simple,do you want Gary Bowyer to remain manager of Blackburn Rovers: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/35JYHGS

My answer is no. I like Gary as a person but football is a results business and not mounting a serious challenge for a top 6 was a big failing of last season, this coupled with some of the most negative football that I have ever seen and the tactical failings at times have led me to lose faith in him. He should be given huge credit for stabilising us and for some of the fantastic signings that he has made.

On the basis of the bit in bold, have you discussed with him that you are trying to have him potted while he is travelling to Pune ?

As much as a good idea this could be, that horrible woman in Pune is a dog that doesn't like being walked and will always unfortunately disregard murmurs from us peasants.

With the team we had last season we under-performed. We played a style of football that hindered any potential progress, and based on that reason I struggle to see GB having what it takes to get us out of this league.

However, in all fairness he's an inexperienced manager who finished 8th & 9th with us in his first two full seasons in management, much closer to the play offs than relegation. This is a massive summer for him in which he should be revising over last season, learning from his mistakes and putting plans in to place to progress. I'll back him and will judge him 5 games in to the season.

The answer is a definite No...

Get the job advertised get it out there let's see what applicants we get plus approach a few and see their reaction...

Warburton linked with QPR in today's press can see him being a tad interested in that

He's taken the club as far as he can with his abilities as a manager imo..he has steadied the Ewood ship.

But what next?,do we want progression,do we ultimately want the Golden Goose of promotion?..if the answer is yes then we need a new man with fresh ideas,motivation and desire.

Whether the people in charge of this club want the same is questionable..we come back to the crux of the matter EVERY time,round and round we go!

1037 respondents thus far. 73% want GB removed, of the 27% who want him to continue there are a number of Burnley fans.

Yoda - Gary is a thoroughly decent bloke, I am not trying to have him "potted", what we say or do will not impact on Mrs Desai decisions, what I am attempting to show her is that the people who are telling her that GB is very popular with the fanbase and has their full backing are telling her a pack of lies, the misinformation that is constantly fed to the owners needs to be challenged so that the owners and particularly can Mrs Desai start to ask questions as to why.

You're asking the wrong question. Doesn't matter if GB stays or goes, either way Venkys will still be here and we'll continue to fail. If I thought it would do any good I would look to bring someone else in but who would come and how could they work effectively with this set up. This survey will end up just giving more ammunition to the "fans are to blame" mob.

With a 40 goal strike-force at his disposal last season we still managed to regress. The FA Cup run merely papered over the cracks.

If it really is 'promotion or bust' (and I don't see any other alternative), then I believe we need to roll the dice and hope beyond hope that it lands on the right guy. Bowyer has done an admirable job under the circumstances but he has shown himself incapable of breaking the glass ceiling of the top six. It's not exactly a coincidence that whenever we've had a sniff of the playoffs we've suddenly imploded.

It's time for a change.

1037 respondents thus far. 73% want GB removed, of the 27% who want him to continue there are a number of Burnley fans.

Yoda - Gary is a thoroughly decent bloke, I am not trying to have him "potted", what we say or do will not impact on Mrs Desai decisions, what I am attempting to show her is that the people who are telling her that GB is very popular with the fanbase and has their full backing are telling her a pack of lies, the misinformation that is constantly fed to the owners needs to be challenged so that the owners and particularly can Mrs Desai start to ask questions as to why.

Let's name and shame who these lying b@5tards are. These frauds are killing OUR club. Who's name is on the letter saying Bowyer is wanted by the fans as our manager?

So the ones who really need potting are Degsy and the illusive Myers

Why not have a survey asking the same question about those two wasters/chancers,

You must know that GB does most of their jobs for them and it is affecting his performance.

again, who are the people telling her this and how do you know?

Kamy, you are speaking with forked tongue, if you're not trying to have him potted and you don't think anything we do has any impact whatsoever on Mrs. D. why are you attempting to get this survey together showing he is unpopular and send it to her? There'd be no point. At least if you're trying to get him removed be honest enough to say so and don't dress it up in flannel. If she or her advisors wanted to gauge the fans reaction to GB on here I would have thought they could have done so quite easily by reading the mb for the last month or two without having a survey being sent to her.

For the record, I think he should be replaced. Making Warburton and his staff an offer he can't refuse is a absolute no brainer imo

Archived