BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Survey: Does Gary Bowyer have your backing?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown has 20 appearances for Rovers. A few of those have been from the bench, some away from home. I've seen him play 90 and 80 or so minutes in the games in which he started that I saw. I reckon I've seen around as much of Brown as some of those who denounce him.

I think he's decent for a freebie and is unfairly criticised. Some on here have scapegoated him from the word go. 'Twas ever thus and I've been guilty of it in the past.

C Brown:

position: Centre Forward

Appearances: 20

Goals: 0

Case closed.

Not tonight please fellas. Can we start it up again tomorrow. Tonight I wanna think about times gone by. You know how hard it was to buy some Mcewans lager to Celebrate?!?!?

Ewood club still sell it on draught

He should have been. Even useless gits like John Major got knighthoods

Agreed.

Shame on Jack Straw also. It could have been something decent he did for the town of Blackburn.

Ewood club still sell it on draught

Never been a big fan of draught lager. When younger it made me do many a daft thing and now it makes me rough as old boots for days after. However I do remember it being a really good pint when it was around back in the day and one of the only ones I'd drink. Never seen it for years though :(

You know the thing is, it's no longer about Gary Bowyer. It's more about the path the club chooses. As the radio five programme mentioned, can a club like Rovers ever do the same again? The answer is 99.9% no. But how can we become the next Southampton or Swansea? That's the key question. Is Bowyers philosophy the one which will get there? Is the club's philosophy the right one? Could someone like Warburton do better? It's less the short term plan which concerns me (assuming the raos the continue to take the financial hit) more the end game. Are we building a club capable of dominating the division whilst building an ethos which develops young players who can not just make the step up, but thrive.

I guess that will take a few years to judge. The main thjnythat worries me is who is judging this? Southampton had Cortese who is an accomplished businessman who knew football (still looking for a project by the way). Who is deciding if Bowyers way is the best way? That's the worry.

At a guess I'd say it's Shaw. Worrying.

All it seems to me at Rovers is just plugging the gaps in all areas of the club after they potted everyone then replaced them with the disasters that followed. Once that's done I get the impression they will be happy for it just to bumble along and hope one day to somehow hit the jackpot. they are definitely the types that as long as they are being told what they want to hear then they'll leave it alone. History shows that I think.

You know the thing is, it's no longer about Gary Bowyer. It's more about the path the club chooses. As the radio five programme mentioned, can a club like Rovers ever do the same again? The answer is 99.9% no. But how can we become the next Southampton or Swansea? That's the key question. Is Bowyers philosophy the one which will get there? Is the club's philosophy the right one? Could someone like Warburton do better? It's less the short term plan which concerns me (assuming the raos the continue to take the financial hit) more the end game. Are we building a club capable of dominating the division whilst building an ethos which develops young players who can not just make the step up, but thrive.

I guess that will take a few years to judge. The main thjnythat worries me is who is judging this? Southampton had Cortese who is an accomplished businessman who knew football (still looking for a project by the way). Who is deciding if Bowyers way is the best way? That's the worry.

At a guess I'd say it's Shaw. Worrying.

Is there anyone presently at the club with the desire to be better than we are, to get promoted and be the best we can be? From the outside looking in it doesn't appear so to me, it all looks half-hearted and hoping something will magically change in our favour.

Is there anyone presently at the club with the desire to be better than we are, to get promoted and be the best we can be? From the outside looking in it doesn't appear so to me, it all looks half-hearted and hoping something will magically change in our favour.

No it appears not Shaw and Bowyer for example are two people over promoted into positions beyond their wildest dreams hence many problems...

Bowyer needs to heed King Kenny's words last night.

" There's no point having Shearer & Sutton if you don't feed the beast! "

Hence the need for out & out wingers.

And a creative mid in the centre instead of shoehorned out wide.

Bowyer needs to heed King Kenny's words last night.

" There's no point having Shearer & Sutton if you don't feed the beast! "

Hence the need for out & out wingers.

Would love to see out and out wingers with pace beating their man getting to the by-line and also some genuine pace upfront instead of players with the turning circle of a bus. Hard to understand Bowyers approach in these areas of the team. Ask any defender what they don't like and they will all tell you genuine pace forces them to start defending 10 yards deeper.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity I was looking at the 2013/14 Championship table earlier.

It may be stating the blindingly obvious to some but I was astonished to see we finished the season ten points ahead of Watford and six ahead of Boro!

Just goes to show the positive effect a change of manager can sometimes have, even though of course it's by no means guaranteed.

The other thing that struck me is Wigan finished the season 5th. The obvious worry is that without Rhodes and Gestede to cover up the shortcomings of the manager and the rest of the team we'll be next season's Wigan.

Out of curiosity I was looking at the 2013/14 Championship table earlier.

It may be stating the blindingly obvious to some but I was astonished to see we finished the season ten points ahead of Watford and six ahead of Boro!

Just goes to show the positive effect a change of manager can sometimes have, even though of course it's by no means guaranteed.

The other thing that struck me is Wigan finished the season 5th. The obvious worry is that without Rhodes and Gestede to cover up the shortcomings of the manager and the rest of the team we'll be next season's Wigan.

I'm confused. So that's Watford who had new managers in December 2013, August, September, and October 2014 then Middlesboro who have had the same boss since November 2013? Am I missing something?

Archived