BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Survey: Does Gary Bowyer have your backing?

• Moderation Lead

You put yes, JB but to me your post says no.

I am assuming from your post you'd change managers if the entire club wasn't a mess behind the scenes?

Bowyer would never have been in situ if the club wasn't a mess behind the scenes....

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Whilst I can see both sides of this argument there is something that sits uneasy with me about this whole 'survey'. It's almost as if some people have got used to drama and if there isn't any, they want to create some.

Until the club is being run properly I don't see why anybody should be willing to sit back and meekly accept our decline.

Besides of which, it's hardly mass protests at the gates of Ewood. It's a survey that Desai probably won't even look at.

I don't agree with surveys being taken or being considered by the powers that be. They should not be a factor in determining a managers future. In my opinion the running of the club and major decisions should be taken by the owners in conjunction with the people they employ on the basis of what they deem to be the best for the club.

I doubt any other club owner in the top few leagues takes any notice of polls or surveys and nor should they. Decisions should be taken at the top by experienced people sat around a table, not by anonymous people, many of whom won't be buying season tickets, voting on a website.

I remember very clearly that the majority were opposed to Allardyce taking over from Hughes, and look how that turned out. There's no doubt that Allardyce was close to the job before Ince and that a backlash to his potential appointment saw John Williams look elsewhere.

As owners of the club Venkys should shoulder responsibility for appointments. They own and fund the club so it should be their decision. If they are content with 9th in the league and are happy for Bowyer to continue whilst they lose lots of money then that is their decision. I don't believe Bowyer deserves to be sacked because I think he has done a good job.

Could we do better than Bowyer? Possibly. Could we do worse? Yes. What will be will be. Its not my job to decide on staffing appointments at Rovers, its my job to support the club regardless.

Maybe those non existent experienced people you mention might want to know why a lot of those you mention as voting but not buying season tickets are indeed not buying season tickets. Maybe a public poll of the clubs customers could help give them an indication of this.

Customers/Fans obviously don't matter in your world though. Nice !

I don't agree with surveys being taken or being considered by the powers that be. They should not be a factor in determining a managers future. In my opinion the running of the club and major decisions should be taken by the owners in conjunction with the people they employ on the basis of what they deem to be the best for the club.

I doubt any other club owner in the top few leagues takes any notice of polls or surveys and nor should they. Decisions should be taken at the top by experienced people sat around a table, not by anonymous people, many of whom won't be buying season tickets, voting on a website.

I remember very clearly that the majority were opposed to Allardyce taking over from Hughes, and look how that turned out. There's no doubt that Allardyce was close to the job before Ince and that a backlash to his potential appointment saw John Williams look elsewhere.

As owners of the club Venkys should shoulder responsibility for appointments. They own and fund the club so it should be their decision. If they are content with 9th in the league and are happy for Bowyer to continue whilst they lose lots of money then that is their decision. I don't believe Bowyer deserves to be sacked because I think he has done a good job.

Could we do better than Bowyer? Possibly. Could we do worse? Yes. What will be will be. Its not my job to decide on staffing appointments at Rovers, its my job to support the club regardless.

Think you've missed the point. It isn't about taking a vote on whether GB should be manager or not. It is about getting a feeling for how the fans regard Bowyer and passing it on to Desai, to show her that the truth is very different to what she is being told by, presumably Shelfy and Myers. What she does with that information is then down to her, but it is purely to show that the people she is employing to relay her the facts, so she can make an informed decision, are relaying lies to keep themselves feeding from the trough.

Hell, even the people that do want a change of manager would be appalled if that decision was made on the back of an anonymous internet poll.

your last 8 words speak volumes

This is a SURVEY. This means that both views will be proffered. Whatever the numbers, that's how it will be.

Because you want Bowyer to stay, you're opposed to a survey!

I'm afraid you will have to be satisfied with one vote like everyone else.

• Moderation Lead

It seems to be a fair enough way for Kamy who is in a position of influence, to make Mrs Desai aware that she's being bullsh1tted to me. Not that she cares like.....

It seems to be a fair enough way for Kamy who is in a position of influence, to make Mrs Desai aware that she's being bullsh1tted to me. Not that she cares like.....

That is the point isn't it , don't forget she is still employing somebody she accused of cheating her and still allowing him to do a deal or two, and thinks the top criteria to be a football manager is somebody who is a nice man and can blow smoke up her arse

Until Balaji and Tache grow some balls and stand up to big sis nothing will change, perhaps they can buy her out of the club as it does not look like they will offload it anytime soon. No doubt be a rough ride if it happens but at least decisions would not be made on if somebody is suitable to be a BFF

Do they still get a live stream of every game?, should not need a survey to tell them they are being taken for a ride in the interests of self preservation .

That said well done Kamy on trying to get something done

As for GB does he deserve sacking?, personally think he should be moved sideways or upwards and use his strengths which have been highlighted in this and other threads in a more suitable position, allowing a manager to come in who can squeeze an extra 10/15 % out of the players and install a winning mentality.

Anyway five years in November , top 6 of the prem and Europe wasn't it Mrs D?

This is a SURVEY. This means that both views will be proffered. Whatever the numbers, that's how it will be.

Because you want Bowyer to stay, you're opposed to a survey!

I'm afraid you will have to be satisfied with one vote like everyone else.

No club can be influenced by the views of the supporters no matter how well intentioned. If Bowyer is the owners choice then they stick with him having access to facts and information that the fans don't have access to. If he is not then they look for someone who fits the criteria which they have for the job. Whilst some might not like the criteria they have, as owners they have the right to select whoever they want until such time as they decide to sell and someone coughs up the required cash to buy the club.

• Backroom

If Bowyer is the owners choice then they stick with him having access to facts and information that the fans don't have access to.

Are we talking about a secret league table where we're actually top?

No club can be influenced by the views of the supporters no matter how well intentioned. If Bowyer is the owners choice then they stick with him having access to facts and information that the fans don't have access to. If he is not then they look for someone who fits the criteria which they have for the job. Whilst some might not like the criteria they have, as owners they have the right to select whoever they want until such time as they decide to sell and someone coughs up the required cash to buy the club.

Did you think the same when Kean was in charge?

Such as?

He's the manager. His job security should be based on performances/results. Nothing more, nothing less.

If they think mid-table Championship mediocrity, haemorrhaging money and seemingly moving backwards/nowhere at best is the right thing for the club, then sure, sticking with Bowyer makes sense. However, considering how precarious our situation is, it's obvious to a blind man and his dog that this isn't the right choice for the club. Considering the assets at our disposal, promotion should be the aim. Bowyer has had long enough to achieve this but hasn't found the formula and doesn't look like ever doing so.

You might be comfortable with the Desai's being fed a pack of lies by those in positions of relative power at the club to ensure the safety of Gary, however I (and I am sure plenty others) am not.

Whilst I can see both sides of this argument there is something that sits uneasy with me about this whole 'survey'. It's almost as if some people have got used to drama and if there isn't any, they want to create some.

Doesn't something sit uneasy about a board who tell the owners that the majority of fans are behind the manager. Perhaps even that they can see what he is trying to do here?

Every other (normal) club's boards listen to the views of supporters. To not do so is when the fans turn on the board.

Trouble is we are not a normal club.

He's the manager. His job security should be based on performances/results. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm also struggling to see the middle ground on this one.

Either Bowyer is responsible for recruitment, tactics and results. In which case he is not up to the task. The alternative that he is not in control and someone else is pulling the strings. In which case he should walk - otherwise he opens himself up to accusations of being complicit in a lie. The lie being that we are stable and a normal club.

I really want to believe that Bowyeris going to turn this all around. But I don't.

Every other (normal) club's boards listen to the views of supporters. To not do so is when the fans turn on the board.

did Arsenal board/owners listen to some of the fans who wanted Wenger to be sack at Arsenal earlier this season?

or what the fans think at Newcastle. Ashley does it his way and doesn't care what the fans think

I'm also struggling to see the middle ground on this one.

Either Bowyer is responsible for recruitment, tactics and results. In which case he is not up to the task. The alternative that he is not in control and someone else is pulling the strings. In which case he should walk - otherwise he opens himself up to accusations of being complicit in a lie. The lie being that we are stable and a normal club.

I really want to believe that Bowyeris going to turn this all around. But I don't.

I think you sum up most of what I feel here Stuart. I want Bowyer to be good enough. But we're not doing well enough, not just in our league position but in our overall patterns of play, the excitement generated, player progress etc. Now if Bowyer is responsible for everything then he's clearly not and probably after the time he's had in charge, never going to be, good enough. Or there are other things going on behind the scenes that prevent his being good enough and if that's the case, why does he put up with it? Money talks but, if he is as honourable as we have been told on many occasions he is, something doesn't sit comfortably with me. I haven't voted because I feel it's a bit backstabbing. I understand that's not how Kamy meant it, but it feels like that to me. But I don't like the idea that certain people are spinning a tale of the fans being happy with the way things are either.

did Arsenal board/owners listen to some of the fans who wanted Wenger to be sack at Arsenal earlier this season?

or what the fans think at Newcastle. Ashley does it his way and doesn't care what the fans think

2 points from the drop 0 wins in 9 or 10 . Working well for Ashley hey.

Doesn't matter what we think .

Time and time again they have proven they don't care what the supporters think .

So the next 12 months , it will be Bowyer , another £30-£40 million pounds of losses and 8000 or so home fans witnessing it unfold in front of their eyes

Archived