BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley 3.00 Saturday 11 July

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I personally think it's Costly for what it is.

I rarely go pre season but the double header at Morecambe a few years back was a decent day out

No pal you was trying to provoke him, at least be honest about that instead of playing the chaddy 'butter wouldn't melt card'

Wrong yet again.

I was asking Abbey a honest question. And I thanked him for his response.

I quite enjoy Abbey's posts tbh.

You're right, I forgot about those...

Green is a reserve winger who is supposedly faster than Theo Walcott.

Connor Mahoney was signed from Stanley a couple of seasons ago and has only featured for the first team once (I think) as a second half substitute vs Man City in the cup.

Ah yes one of the multitude of Bowyers ghost signings (Dabo, Marrow etc).

Looked him up on t'internet. He's only 18 so obviously still young and raw. Hope he kicks on.

Team I'd like to see (as its the best combo of players and I'd like to see how Furman does). With Gestede almost certainly going O'Sullivan looks our best partner for Rhodes as he has a bit of pace (totally ridiculous to say that, but it is how it is).

------------------Raya

Henley---Duffy---Killa©--Olsson

-------------Lowe-----Furman

Marshall---O'Sullivan-----Conway

-----------------Rhodes

Wasn't Mahoney injured most of the season? Mahoney, O'Sullivan, Nyambe and maybe few others will get their chances. Simply because our squad is so small and every stone has to be turned. For them these first matches are world cup finals. Let's hope we get few nice surprises and for example Mahoney could push himself close to the first team.

Comparing Mahoney with Marrow - what next?

It seems some supporters really need to become better-informed.

Sorry to bang-on again, but surely (the totally-ignored) Anton Forrester will feature this afternoon, if he fulfills his potential, he could be a really good (& cheap) replacement for King. A quick goalscoring striker brought up at a Premier League academy, & another of our youngsters who impressed whilst out on loan (until the injury).

Wasn't Mahoney injured most of the season? Mahoney, O'Sullivan, Nyambe and maybe few others will get their chances. Simply because our squad is so small and every stone has to be turned. For them these first matches are world cup finals. Let's hope we get few nice surprises and for example Mahoney could push himself close to the first team.

Mahoney was in the Under-21 team for most of last season and was far from impressive. Hopefully he will push on this season. Similar thing happened with Rittenberg. Looked very good at one point, made the England youth set up, but then fell away badly. It's very difficult to predict if youngsters will come through or not. It was Forrester who was out injured for practically the whole of last season.

Comparing Mahoney with Marrow - what next?

It seems some supporters really need to become better-informed.

Sorry to bang-on again, but surely (the totally-ignored) Anton Forrester will feature this afternoon, if he fulfills his potential, he could be a really good (& cheap) replacement for King. A quick goalscoring striker brought up at a Premier League academy, & another of our youngsters who impressed whilst out on loan (until the injury).

What's the issue with comparing Mahoney to Marrow? Totally different types of player at different ages but both brought in to play on the edge of the first team. Neither have and Marrow got the boot.

Nothing against Mahoney but he hasn't lived to his billing so far. Obviously young though - hope he kicks on this year.

Intrigued by Forrester. What's your take Parson?

As far as the comparisons go, Marrow had made over 80 appearances for four different clubs (apart from Rovers) & was obviously brought in as a squad player, Mahoney had made 4 appearances, & was 16. His brief stint against Man.C was, I suspect just to give him a bit of a boost. He was signed for the future. Let's hope he makes it !

Fair point RoF but the one thing I ask of Bowyer is that he goes into the first game with a clear idea of our best team.

He might do but win lose or draw he'll probably go into the second one with a different team in mind.

Mahoney was in the Under-21 team for most of last season and was far from impressive. Hopefully he will push on this season. Similar thing happened with Rittenberg. Looked very good at one point, made the England youth set up, but then fell away badly. It's very difficult to predict if youngsters will come through or not. It was Forrester who was out injured for practically the whole of last season.

I've heard Mahoney has a very poor attitude, Parson. Particularly off the field anyways. I know a few people (closely) who know him and his (perhaps former) friends. Apparently let the whole "pro footballer" thing get to his head and this might indicate he's more interested in living the life than knuckling down. I just wish these young footballers would realise how lucky they are to get into the position they are in, yet how hard it is to truly push on and be successful without the right level of discipline and commitment. Plenty with more talent have moved higher up the ladder and fallen hard.

Also heard O'Sullivan and Lenihan are lovely chaps btw.

I've heard Mahoney has a very poor attitude, Parson. Particularly off the field anyways. I know a few people (closely) who know him and his (perhaps former) friends. Apparently let the whole "pro footballer" thing get to his head and this might indicate he's more interested in living the life than knuckling down. I just wish these young footballers would realise how lucky they are to get into the position they are in, yet how hard it is to truly push on and be successful without the right level of discipline and commitment. Plenty with more talent have moved higher up the ladder and fallen hard.

Mahoney's dad used to post on here not so long ago, he insisted that his lad had a good attitude unlike many others... Perhaps things have changed but he was pretty adamant that his lad had the right attitude or maybe he's not showing his old man that side of him...

Mahoney's dad used to post on here not so long ago, he insisted that his lad had a good attitude unlike many others... Perhaps things have changed but he was pretty adamant that his lad had the right attitude or maybe he's not showing his old man that side of him...

He might let it slip when his son goes out here and there with his mates, he's only young after all. However, his attitude away from football doesn't sound great. How he knuckles down in training etc I do not know, but I doubt going out partying regularly is the right path to follow if you're seeking to be a pro.

ROVERS 1ST HALF: Steele, Nyambe, Spurr, Coke, Lenihan, Duffy, Nolan, Furman, Rhodes ©, Marshall, Mahoney.

ROVERS 2ND HALF: Raya, Thomson, Hanley ©, Kilgallon, Olsson, Williamson, Petshi, Conway, O'Sullivan, Forrester, Brown.

1st half 4-2-3-1 formation.

2nd half 4-4-2 formation

Archived