BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley 3.00 Saturday 11 July

I've heard Mahoney has a very poor attitude, Parson. Particularly off the field anyways. I know a few people (closely) who know him and his (perhaps former) friends. Apparently let the whole "pro footballer" thing get to his head and this might indicate he's more interested in living the life than knuckling down. I just wish these young footballers would realise how lucky they are to get into the position they are in, yet how hard it is to truly push on and be successful without the right level of discipline and commitment. Plenty with more talent have moved higher up the ladder and fallen hard.

Also heard O'Sullivan and Lenihan are lovely chaps btw.

He did well out on loan the other year and when he came back to the U21's he looked a cut above although still physically lacking a bit. Last season in the games I saw the U21's he looked a different player and seemed to go backwards. Can't help though when you are playing 1st team football somewhere and do well then you are dropped back. I said at the time he should have been loaned out again at the beginning of last season. Strange move with him.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Paul Wheelock

Game has come too early for Jason Lowe, Adam Henley and Corry Evans. Told Rudy Gestede has knock, not sure why Chris Taylor isn't involved.

Trialing people not good enough for Crewe now eh ? Doesn't sound appealing....

Nothing wrong with having a look at these players.

Dont judge until they have play. Look at Samba and Gestede as examples

From the lower echelons of French football...

There's a difference between poaching a young player from a lower-division side and taking their castoffs on trial.

Do I need to draw a diagram?

Nzonzi was a highly rated prospect who we signed for £500k, he wasn't a trialist.

If you look at Samba, Nzonzi, Gestede they all have one thing in common and that's genuine athletic ability. Plus size of course and some football ability. All had some pedigree and two were at decent clubs where it was difficult to make an impression at that moment in time. All would probably have made their way to a decent level in the game somehow without our help.

So for people to keep holding them up as examples to what we are trying to do today is frankly bull#hit. We are operating in a different world which smells of desperation. I'm all for having a look at people but the comparisons to Rudy are getting really worn now, never mind 30 yr old Chris Brown might just turn into him next season ...ffs.

Is coke actually a defender?

I see how you could have gotten confused looking at the lineups. But I think this is how we've set up first half

--------------------Steele-----------------------

Nyambe----Lenhihan---Duffy----Spurr

-------------Nolan------Furman-------

Mahoney------Coke-----Marshall

----------------Rhodes--------------

BTW, I just looked up the French trialist and he looks a beast of a lad. 6'4 and looks strong as an ox(going by images lol) as well. Hope he does well and adds the bit of height and bite we've been lacking in midfield.

Not too bothered about the line ups or system in games like this as it's just about accommodating players. Result doesn't mean much either, just hope there are no injuries to key men. Hate these type of games and I only really bother with the last couple of friendlies when things should be starting to take shape. Interested to hear how Furman shapes up more than anything as I've read good things about him.

I too don't want to speak too soon but Crewe and French third tier cast offs don't sound too promising. What were the scouts up to in Europe at the back end of last season?!

The scouting system does sound like a joke. I did mention here young Finnish lad called Robin Lod before he was hardly known outside of Finland. He did move to Panathinaikos earlier this summer.

Well well well haha nyambe sounds like a really good prospect

Nyambe for England?

Archived