BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

• Moderation Lead

They don't rule the roost at all, if anything they're a minority. Albeit a vocal one, but people have the right to post as they like. Even if of course there is some complete detachment from reality in some cases.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't rule the roost at all, if anything they're a minority. Albeit a vocal one, but people have the right to post as they like. Even if of course there is some complete detachment from reality in some cases.

Not so.

People from the uber-positive minority (which gb did acknowledge were a minority) seem to be allowed to post as they like.

I would be deeply disappointed if posters like gb are driven away from the messageboard like she feels she has from Ewood. People like Abs, gumboots, patrickvalery, and several are part of what make BRFCS a community, rather than just another fan site, but are being put at odds with each other because of others who are ONLY out to make trouble and do not contribute proper content.

Abbey has found himself banned again (after being baited by one of the chief trouble-makers) pretty much for being Abbey. Following several attempts to shut them up with a simple 'not biting' post.

A small army of trolls has been allowed to come together on here and they are making things very difficult for the mods.

Irony.

Irony being that I came here to rant about being put into groups by certain posters constantly. The irony being the first thing I read is exactly the that, who is "they?" Rule the roost? Are we really at that level of banality? It's a public forum, not a game of capture the flag.

Anyway, my rant; a complete lack of respect for people's opinions. People can't be pro rovers anymore, because you're more likely to be labelled a sympathiser, a plant or even a "deluded" or "duped" fan! Equally, some less than respectful posters of the other side of the coin might call people deserters, fair weather etc

People might say I'm not respecting opinions of others, their opinion being certain views are stupid, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone, it's just have some basic respect.

We are all frustrated but I know how I feel when someone is belittling something I believe or think, it's that divide between fans that causes so many arguments on this website.

• Moderation Lead

Not so.

People from the uber-positive minority (which gb did acknowledge were a minority) seem to be allowed to post as they like.

I would be deeply disappointed if posters like gb are driven away from the messageboard like she feels she has from Ewood. People like Abs, gumboots, patrickvalery, and several are part of what make BRFCS a community, rather than just another fan site, but are being put at odds with each other because of others who are ONLY out to make trouble and do not contribute proper content.

Abbey has found himself banned again (after being baited by one of the chief trouble-makers) pretty much for being Abbey. Following several attempts to shut them up with a simple 'not biting' post.

A small army of trolls has been allowed to come together on here and they are making things very difficult for the mods.

That's not what Abbey was banned for, Stuart, incidentally the 'baiter' was also banned. If people do something worthy of a ban, they'll receive one. If people could be tolerant of each other, that would also be good.

• Backroom

Interesting point but I disagree.

I can't think of many people who are overly positive, chaddy for sure but nobody could say he rules the roost and often gets content removed - that in itself is another story.

Blueboy has been banned as much as anybody so hardly gets any special treatment.

Anyone name these trolls? (DGS was also banned but acted the same as many do to others just with a more popular target)

I can't think of many people who are overly positive, chaddy for sure but nobody could say he rules the roost.

Am I allowed to disagree with you on that? I am trying hard not to comment on Chaddy but he gets on a lot of people's wicks and is usually supported by the mods.

Hide my post if you wish!

• Backroom

Am I allowed to disagree with you on that? I am trying hard not to comment on Chaddy but he gets on a lot of people's wicks and is usually supported by the mods.

Hide my post if you wish!

Course you can Al.

I will only speak for myself but I've said his posting style winds me up and he often has posts removed.

A posting limit? Sure that could work

A posting limit will be the death of the site. There are few enough posters as it is.

Do you really want names naming? Not sure that's productive but you and I could name 4 without really thinking about it. And yes, that's including the man with separate opinions for separate media.

For what it is worth I think some posters (of all different views) are so entrenched in their positions that they can't see the wood for the trees.

Which makes them very selective as to which bits of a post they see and react to and leads to this disrespectful labelling and pigeonholing of people.

I also think that some people are so brassed off with the situation at Ewood now that it is actually affecting their personality (and their posting style and tolerance levels).

Which is all very sad really. We will all disagree at times, heck that is what makes a forum like this interesting and stimulating, but there have been times recently when I've logged on, taken a quick look, and quickly logged back off again simply because I can't be bothered with the same old bitching, usually between the same handful of people.

I normally wouldn't comment but I really despise the wind up, antagonistic posts which are written for one thing - to get an adverse reaction which usually descends into spite and nastiness. Also other posters wading into these type of posts just makes it worse and usually it is only to get at somebody they clearly don't like.

Opinion is fine and we should all be big enough to accept each others but childish, nasty comments shouldn't be tolerated.

I dont think ive ever been childish or nasty but if i have its never been intentional. However, certain posters make me feel like that at the moment and thats why ive removed myself from the football part of the mb. Its not about football any more. Its about all sorts of other stuff and, even when the season starts, i dont think much will be about the football. It will be point scoring on the part of some and having to defend every word they dont like for others. Nothing i say or do can affect anything at ewood, but i can enjoy my life a bit more if i can keep away from here. I used to enjoy debate even with those who i didnt agree with. Now i just want to rant and that cant be good for them or me.

I also think that some people are so brassed off with the situation at Ewood now that it is actually affecting their personality (and their posting style and tolerance levels).

Bang on the money to my mind. Personally I came to the conclusion nothing is going to change till Venky's leave and there is little or nothing I can do to influence this.

Why let something like this dominate your life? I feel disappointed and sad when I think about what's happening but it isn't going to spoil my life.

I still enjoy going to Ewood just not as much as I used to. What does depress me is the attitude of some who have decided to stop have towards those who still attend or try to have a positive outlook. It's why I rarely comment about the football these days - it isn't worth the grief.

I was delighted last night when my eldest told me he will becoming with us again after several years of not being able to through weekend working.

Bang on the money to my mind. Personally I came to the conclusion nothing is going to change till Venky's leave and there is little or nothing I can do to influence this.

Why let something like this dominate your life? I feel disappointed and sad when I think about what's happening but it isn't going to spoil my life.

I still enjoy going to Ewood just not as much as I used to. What does depress me is the attitude of some who have decided to stop have towards those who still attend or try to have a positive outlook. It's why I rarely comment about the football these days - it isn't worth the grief.

I was delighted last night when my eldest told me he will becoming with us again after several years of not being able to through weekend working.

That is a good post Paul. Seems to be a day to agree with people who I do not normally see eye to eye with but I have to say that every word of that is exactly how I feel about the current situation.

The other point I'd make is this. Years ago I said Venky's would never force me out of Ewood. Overall I believe if I stop going because of them, and for two years I wanted to stop, then Venky's have beaten me.

I will NEVER let Venky's beat me. If I ever stop going to Ewood it will be for other reasons.

On agreement Al it's only ever a question of not agreeing on certain views. It's not, for me, a total thing.

The other point I'd make is this. Years ago I said Venky's would never force me out of Ewood. Overall I believe if I stop going because of them, and for two years I wanted to stop, then Venky's have beaten me.

I will NEVER let Venky's beat me. If I ever stop going to Ewood it will be for other reasons.

On agreement Al it's only ever a question of not agreeing on certain views. It's not, for me, a total thing.

By not going, I feel is the only way I can take back control of the situation and not let those idiots in Pune dictate terms to me.

Neither approach is right or wrong, its all down to personal preference of course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can send a man/woman to the moon.

We can successfully carry out hand transplants

A couple of thick chicken farmers can own an English football club and run it into the ground

But we can't clear a check in less than 3/5 days :blink:

• Moderation Lead

Haha, that made me laugh Gav. (The cheque part). Banks could easily clear it more quickly, but they want it to boost their own coffers imo. Look how quickly online transfers are done. I can pay things so quickly these days, it's mint!

Falls into the bracket of a number of anti-social behaviours that realistically authorities are never going to be able to efficiently tackle. Others are littering, dog muck, bad driving, people picking flowers from parks, possibly shop-lifting, possibly fly-tipping, I'm sure there are countless others. But in particular I'd say noise and littering are huge ones.

These low-level crimes are mainly prevented by a sense of civic duty in my opinion. Most people know they can get away with doing it so it's what percentage decide to be decent people, show some pride in their neighbourhood/town/country and some consideration for their fellow citizens, and decide not to do it whether they have a chance of getting caught or not.

Obviously it's very area-dependent around the country but on the whole I'd say the percentage with this sense of civic duty is less than it used to be and personally I think it's every bit as damaging as poverty on an area if you have too many people taking the selfish a-hole approach to their environment and society.

There are architecturally stunning areas of Blackburn, especially with recent funding, and plenty of pokey bungalows and ancient damp-riddled cottages and terraces in say Clitheroe/Mellor, but the latter are considered hugely more desirable place to live because of how people behave there.

I feel for you though, putting up with that there are days when I'd want to go round with a large, blunt object.

Thanks, man.

One of the neighbours has complained and sent a letter out to all of us with the contact details of the housing officer. We spoke to the elderly couple who live next door to them and apparently the husband has had a mental breakdown from all the stress. We've filed our own complaint now and hopefully the rest of our neighbours will follow suit. Not that I think anything will come of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36898881

Disgraceful, whoever approves these payments should be fired

A senior banker, earns millions and screws the economy - OK ?

A senior laywer, earns millions and screws society - OK ?

A senior account, earns millions and screws the tax system - OK ?

A senior surgeon earns 375k - saves lives - Not OK ?

I think the priorities here are a little off the mark

It is an isolated case - What we should be asking is if there is an need for that much overtime, then why is an extra headcount not employed. I think these figures are a drop in the ocean compared to the squillions wasted on agency staff to cover vacancies that aren't filled, which is a political/management decision and one taken by both sides of government who haven't trained enough staff in the NHS for years now.

Sorry Jimbo but £375k overtime is disgusting, no idea how many hours that equates to but was he even fit to work?

With an NHS at crisis point, patients sleeping on trolleys in corridors, A&E's closing down all over the place why are we allowing people to earn £375k overtime?

I'm about to answer my own question here, but I agree with you on governments failing once again to fund training, encourage new staff etc, its another scandal, criminal in many ways and its been going on for 30/40yrs!

A senior banker, earns millions and screws the economy - OK ?

A senior laywer, earns millions and screws society - OK ?

A senior account, earns millions and screws the tax system - OK ?

A senior surgeon earns 375k - saves lives - Not OK ?

I think the priorities here are a little off the mark

It is an isolated case - What we should be asking is if there is an need for that much overtime, then why is an extra headcount not employed. I think these figures are a drop in the ocean compared to the squillions wasted on agency staff to cover vacancies that aren't filled, which is a political/management decision and one taken by both sides of government who haven't trained enough staff in the NHS for years now.

WTF,

What makes you think, I think, any of those payments you posted are justified.

£370k may be a drop in the ocean to you, not me sunshine and dare I say it not the NHS.

If the NHS can afford to pay £370k over time when the normal salary is £90k to £150k someone has some explaining to do as to why they are not employing the consultant full time.

The NHS is short of money and making payments like these does not help one bit.

So get off your left wing high horse, see reality and don't preach to me about priorities.

Steve @#/? in the afternoon. Talentless embarrassing bell end surrounded by sycophants, peddling the same act since the 80's. Paid (incredibly) £440,000 a year and weighing more than a Vauxhall Corsa. His self proclaimed "big show" still refers to 'muppetry' 'draclear' 'silly boy' etc.

I'll be glad when his pic is in the BAFTA 'who we lost last year' section.

Ta

Ryan medical centre bamber bridge. Those witches on reception making it tough for my dad to get a repeat prescription, get a blood bag, or speak with his doctor. If they carry on I will give one in particular a really bad morning in front of the whole effing surgery. Nasty little bitches need a wake up call. I wondered if it was just my dad till I read some of the reviews. What is it with folk? They are also going to need some care and compassion one day. They need their day spoiling in the same way they can upset a confused old man with poor hearing through their spiteful, pedantic and downright discourteous, jobsworth utterings. I'm really, really good at complaining. If pushed I'll get someone sacked and everyone jumping to attention the minute they hear my dad's name. Cnuts.

Steve @#/? in the afternoon. Talentless embarrassing bell end surrounded by sycophants, peddling the same act since the 80's. Paid (incredibly) £440,000 a year and weighing more than a Vauxhall Corsa. His self proclaimed "big show" still refers to 'muppetry' 'draclear' 'silly boy' etc.

I'll be glad when his pic is in the BAFTA 'who we lost last year' section.

Ta

Who are you on about?

Ryan medical centre bamber bridge. Those witches on reception making it tough for my dad to get a repeat prescription, get a blood bag, or speak with his doctor. If they carry on I will give one in particular a really bad morning in front of the whole effing surgery. Nasty little bitches need a wake up call. I wondered if it was just my dad till I read some of the reviews. What is it with folk? They are also going to need some care and compassion one day. They need their day spoiling in the same way they can upset a confused old man with poor hearing through their spiteful, pedantic and downright discourteous, jobsworth utterings. I'm really, really good at complaining. If pushed I'll get someone sacked and everyone jumping to attention the minute they hear my dad's name. Cnuts.

Contact the Doctors direct

Archived