BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

People who walk around busy railway stations checking their phones and when they inevitably bump into you, proceed to glare at you like you're the fooking idiot!!!

Well get out of the way of those of us who 'want to be the very best, like no-one ever was'! Pikachu isn't gunna catch itself!

If I get nominated, I'll tell them where to go. I give about £20/year to various army charities, but doing press-ups on Facebook achieves naff all.

Not true if it raises awareness for a cause.

The ALS charity recently said that the ice-bucket challenge had helped them make a breakthrough. (No ice pick jokes thanks).

The phrase Team GB annoys me. I don't know why, but it does, as does any Team ____ phrase. It sounds very stupid.

Me too but it's yet another Americanism that's crept into our language. There is now a verb 'to medal' (as in at the olympics) and the latest one appears to be 'super' which has replaced the word very. I also heard one of the Skysports newsreaders pronouncing debris the American way de-bris instead of deb-ris.

Nothing against Americans, by the way, I just want English to remain English.

Me too but it's yet another Americanism that's crept into our language. There is now a verb 'to medal' (as in at the olympics)

I noticed this one during the gymnastics this week and wondered how long it would be until it was mentioned. I assume Jim's on a ban 😂

Why oh why do we as a society accept smoking outside of the hospital doors? Or on hospital property at all? be it patients or visitors, it's absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Would we accept patients or visitor necking cans of cider and lager in the same location? Would we hell, the police would be called and you'd be moved on.

It's about time we banned smoking on hospital property unless the patient actually lives on that property.

R4 Today programme interviewed the American wonder gymnast this morning, Simone Bikes I think.

She spoke of gymnists.

When you are as good as her you can call it what ever the hell you like.

• Backroom

Why oh why do we as a society accept smoking outside of the hospital doors? Or on hospital property at all? be it patients or visitors, it's absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Would we accept patients or visitor necking cans of cider and lager in the same location? Would we hell, the police would be called and you'd be moved on.

It's about time we banned smoking on hospital property unless the patient actually lives on that property.

Nothing worse than the wall of smoke and dressing gowns

Even had to fight through it bringing our children home from the birth centre at burnley

It's in the open air. Stop trying to impose your will on others. Where else can hospital patients have a fag? I don't smoke but can sympathise with those who do.

It's in the open air. Stop trying to impose your will on others. Where else can hospital patients have a fag? I don't smoke but can sympathise with those who do.

Open air or not its criminal that its allowed anywhere on the premises, it kills people, costs the NHS billions and should be banned at all hospitals throughout the land.

If you can't resist having a cigarette whilst in/at hospital don't go to hospital, I'd make it law if I had my way.

There used to be that problem outside the main doors to Kingsmill hospital in Mansfield. Worst was outside the maternity unit when pregnant mothers smoked right outside open windows to the maternity ward.

Thankfully they now enforce a no smoking policy on the grounds so all smokers have to go outside the main gates onto the footpath away from the building.

You won't get passive smoking out of doors. Some people just like imposing their will on others. It's selfish. If you are a smoker it can be rough to be made to go cold turkey. At least they don't smoke in the toilets.

• Backroom

You won't get passive smoking out of doors. Some people just like imposing their will on others. It's selfish. If you are a smoker it can be rough to be made to go cold turkey. At least they don't smoke in the toilets.

If you walk past someone smoking, you are smoking passively. Half of the harmful stuff is invisible, it's not just the smoke. Not to mention it's been in and out of them before I inhale it!

One lungful won't make a difference but I have to walk through that cloud twice a month, at least. 24 lungfuls of other people's habits isn't nice.

Could it noto be argued they are forcing me to inhale it?

Open air or not its criminal that its allowed anywhere on the premises, it kills people, costs the NHS billions and should be banned at all hospitals throughout the land.

If you can't resist having a cigarette whilst in/at hospital don't go to hospital, I'd make it law if I had my way.

Quite right too,

close all the car parks and ban cars as well

Quite right too,

close all the car parks and ban cars as well

Cigarettes kill twice as many as air pollution, which cigarettes obviously contribute too also.

But that's clouding the argument, ban smoking across hospital property in this country, it's s national disgrace it's not happening already.

Hospitals should just provide smoking areas for inpatients. Agree it should be banned from entrances to buildings, just give them somewhere else to do it.

Some of those people may for example have had a terminal cancer diagnosis, so Im pretty sure they should be able to have an area outside to have a ciggie in peace.

Cigarettes kill twice as many as air pollution, which cigarettes obviously contribute too also.

But that's clouding the argument, ban smoking across hospital property in this country, it's s national disgrace it's not happening already.

Ban smoking full stop

• Backroom

Hospitals should just provide smoking areas for inpatients. Agree it should be banned from entrances to buildings, just give them somewhere else to do it.

Some of those people may for example have had a terminal cancer diagnosis, so Im pretty sure they should be able to have an area outside to have a ciggie in peace.

I reckon this is an adequate compromise.

If you walk past someone smoking, you are smoking passively. Half of the harmful stuff is invisible, it's not just the smoke. Not to mention it's been in and out of them before I inhale it!

One lungful won't make a difference but I have to walk through that cloud twice a month, at least. 24 lungfuls of other people's habits isn't nice.

Could it noto be argued they are forcing me to inhale it?

You get more toxins walking past a starting car than walking past a smoker outside. How many times a month do you do that? There is no "cloud". Just a couple of whiffs of smoke. It's just intolerant to force your will on other people. In my opinion it's getting close to being a control freak.

• Moderation Lead

Can't say much fairer than Baz's comment in my opinion. I don't smoke, but if other people want to, that's that decision. That being said, people smoking right by the door, shouldn't really be happening, but I do think there should be a designated smoking area at hospitals, just away from the main entrance.

Archived